Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Guys get back on ETS tone police approved topics, like bashing Bernie supporters exclusively by perpetuating mainstream media "Bernie Bros" smear narratives.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Guys get back on ETS tone police approved topics, like bashing Bernie supporters exclusively by perpetuating mainstream media "Bernie Bros" smear narratives.
    You guys KNOW this is a Warren or Clinton candidate only board.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    A tad bit too far but I have noticed an uptick in this. It’s disappointing.

We’re getting to the territory where things aren’t going so well for Warren. IF she drops out (and we aren’t there yet; there’s time for her to rebound), who would she endorse? I’ve said a million times her and Sanders should join forces. What she shouldn’t do is wait until after the convention like 2016.

I bet Yang endorses Sanders.

I’m dumbstruck as to how Buttigieg hopped the line. Shouldn’t Warren and Biden be far ahead of him? He’s such a slimeball. Was it Shadow? I don’t know. I really don’t.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-14-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    A tad bit too far but I have noticed an uptake in this. It’s disappointing.

We’re getting to the territory where things aren’t going so well for Warren. IF she drops out (and we aren’t there yet; there’s time for her to rebound), who would she endorse? I’ve said a million times her and Sanders should join forces. What she shouldn’t do is wait until after the convention like 2016.

I bet Yang endorses Sanders.

I’m dumbstruck as to how Buttigieg hopped the line. Shouldn’t Warren and Biden be far ahead of him? He’s such a slimeball. Was it Shadow? I don’t know. I really don’t.
    I don't want Warren to drop out. I want a head to head Sanders/Warren fight for the nomination so we can pretty much guarantee a win in November. We need Biden g - o - n - e.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It's still very early & I suppose things can turn around for a bigger name candidate like Warren, but most likely she is done. Same goes for Biden. Those dismal showings in the first two state just kills any momentum they were hoping to latch onto for Nevada, SC & Super Tuesday. Only non-winners with momentum right now are CloudBootJar & Buttigieg. But Amy apparently is really really low on $ & had barely any staff on the ground in those upcoming states, so we'll see if she makes any headway.

Warren's little speech going after Bernie today was a bummer to hear:

start above at 2:01.

On the surface, you might watch that & think it means she has no intention of endorsing Bernie. That's true for now sadly. I was hoping in my perfect little world she would perhaps drop out before Super Tuesday & endorse Bernie, but this seems to dictate otherwise. But she'll come around eventually if he's still at or near the top. Hillary & Obama ran a VICIOUS campaign against each other in 2008:

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/...r-photo-008667

Yet Hillary eventually endorses her opponent, they buried the hatchet & she went on to do the only thing I kind of liked in her political career...Secretary of State. Same thing could happen here. Bernie's people even looked into whether Warren could serve as both VP & Sec. of Treasury if he won the presidency:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...ort/ar-BBZ5yRu

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    On the surface, you might watch that & think it means she has no intention of endorsing Bernie. That's true for now sadly. I was hoping in my perfect little world she would perhaps drop out before Super Tuesday & endorse Bernie, but this seems to dictate otherwise. But she'll come around eventually if he's still at or near the top. Hillary & Obama ran a VICIOUS campaign against each other in 2008:

Yet Hillary eventually endorses her opponent, they buried the hatchet & she went on to do the only thing I kind of liked in her political career...Secretary of State. Same thing could happen here. Bernie's people even looked into whether Warren could serve as both VP & Sec. of Treasury if he won the presidency:
    Exactly this. She will endorse. It's still early and she has to play to win but when the chips are down she will endorse Bernie. Honestly I think all of them will with the exception of Tulsi.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Exactly this. She will endorse. It's still early and she has to play to win but when the chips are down she will endorse Bernie. Honestly I think all of them will with the exception of Tulsi.
    I don't know what to believe anymore. Part of me thinks she'll go into the voting both in November shouting to everyone who will listen that Bernie is a horrible person.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I don't know what to believe anymore. Part of me thinks she'll go into the voting both in November shouting to everyone who will listen that Bernie is a horrible person.
    Are we talking about Hillary?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Are we talking about Hillary?
    good point, I lost track of what pronouns were talking about which person. yes, I believe Hillary will continue to go against Bernie even when it's clear he's the front runner, or even the actual nominee.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Part of me thinks she'll go into the voting both in November shouting to everyone who will listen that Bernie is a horrible person.
    If nothing else she knows the alternative and we can't take 4 more years of it.