Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Take some photos of the merch booth for me will ya?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post
    Getting ready to head out to Bakersfield! Woooooot!

I will most likely have my Cold Cave "People Are Poison" tote bag with me, so if you see that come say hi! (I promise I'm friendly)
    As many people who have waited in line for hours with me will attest. I get muppet-Y (in a good way, not the way euros and Aussies use it, lol) as I get to hear stories and meet wonderful NIN peeps.

Gigi (Google) is telling me at least two hours from drive my place in suburbia.

So by the time I get out of here I'm guessing a 1pm ish ETA. Save me a place, ETS!

theres a stupid accident on the Grapevine, thats why its taking so long. It shoudl be 90 mins tops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I'll be wearing a vintage looking Bowie shirt and this face tonight if anyone wants to say hi!
    Beerbelly!! <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Monsters' Park? thats a big beer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last call for carpooling from LA! Shoot me a PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone still out there with an extra ticket? Mine is promised to Pureone, but someone else was asking me about it and I thought I'd check here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrus1 View Post
    Anyone still out there with an extra ticket? Mine is promised to Pureone, but someone else was asking me about it and I thought I'd check here.
    i still have an extra one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    i still have an extra one!
    Awesome. I'll PM you her email addy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    we just made Bakersfield and settling into hotel. Unless you have rsvp'd, the marriott is booked, I'm under the impression that BW may have just booked itself as well. the Padre has a handful of rooms, large one bed (they offer rollaways)...rooms are in the $200(+) range.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Laura - check your notifications/inbox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CHP should be opening up the lanes by now. Safe travels everyone coming to town. Please excuse our heat!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guy8707 View Post
    I'll be wearing my Spiral member shirt.

sweet idea! mine is packed away due to a recent move.
    there's still time left for peeps who are festival bound to make home made nin-shirts or coordinate tshirt patterns to print transfers. something akin to what some spiral peeps did at a show; made then trade with other spiralers at a show.. it got creative and was fun to boot.
    so if I see a spiral t-shirt today i guess i'll be yelling and waving 'hey guy.....'
    lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just rolled in to the arena. There are about 10 ppl lined up for GA entry. Holding area is (mercifully) shaded.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Man congrats to those of you attending. Looking forward to reading about your experiences. On a side note: Hopefully they have someone announce them as "The Nine Inch Nails!"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Stuck on the 5.... There is a 2 to 2 and a half hour delay. I left at 11 and it's showing I'm not getting there before 3:30. I'm sitting in a 10 mile one lane back up on the grapevine right now

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post
    Stuck on the 5.... There is a 2 to 2 and a half hour delay. I left at 11 and it's showing I'm not getting there before 3:30. I'm sitting in a 10 mile one lane back up on the grapevine right now
    Boo! Hope it clears up for you soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    How many people are in line now?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    does anyone know if they are allowing hand carried small bags/purses into venue?
    are you guys also able to find out for me if there is any 'one' designated worker there that will be taking hand offs for the big chief man back stage (would be nice to know if its worthwhile to bring notebook and writing sticks for penmanship worship...
    kiddo is tuckered out so letting him snooze a bit. it was a long drive for him i'm sure. will head over in a bit to share pavement space with you all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by discobunny View Post
    stuck on the 5.... There is a 2 to 2 and a half hour delay. I left at 11 and it's showing i'm not getting there before 3:30. I'm sitting in a 10 mile one lane back up on the grapevine right now

wtf

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center

Nine Inch Nails fans, we look forward to seeing you tonight. In order for you to have a more convenient visit to Rabobank Arena, here are a few items that will not be allowed in to the show.

Restricted Items:
    - Backpacks or large bags
    - Weapons of any kind
    - Cameras with detachable lens
    - Audio/Visual Recording Devices
    - Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers or Two-Way Radios
    - Illegal Drugs or Substances
    - Flammable Liquids
    - Outside Food and Beverages
    - Coolers, Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers
    - Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Flares or Fireworks
    - Noise Making Devices
    - Masks, Chains or Studded Belts/Bracelets
    - Animals or Pets

All bags will be checked and all guests must pass through metal detectors - please arrive early to insure that you don't miss part of the show.
    All guests are subject to search at any time. Guests who violate any of these rules will be subject to ejection without refund.
    As a reminder, tickets for tonight's show are sold out. Guests without a ticket are encouraged not to travel to the Arena.
    Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm gearing up to join the line in a bit, little later than anticipated, but had to do a food run. Back at the hotel and getting ready to head back out. I'm so stoked! It's anybody's guess as to what's going to happen tonight. Exciting times! Never had the opportunity to attend the "first NIN show of a tour" before, so this is exciting.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center

Nine Inch Nails fans, we look forward to seeing you tonight. In order for you to have a more convenient visit to Rabobank Arena, here are a few items that will not be allowed in to the show.

Restricted Items:
    - Backpacks or large bags
    - Weapons of any kind
    - Cameras with detachable lens
    - Audio/Visual Recording Devices
    - Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers or Two-Way Radios
    - Illegal Drugs or Substances
    - Flammable Liquids
    - Outside Food and Beverages
    - Coolers, Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers
    - Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Flares or Fireworks
    - Noise Making Devices
    - Masks, Chains or Studded Belts/Bracelets
    - Animals or Pets

All bags will be checked and all guests must pass through metal detectors - please arrive early to insure that you don't miss part of the show.
    All guests are subject to search at any time. Guests who violate any of these rules will be subject to ejection without refund.
    As a reminder, tickets for tonight's show are sold out. Guests without a ticket are encouraged not to travel to the Arena.
    Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the show.
    hmm.... Is a digital camera safe to bring, or should I just leave it at the hotel? I'd hate to stand in line for 6 hrs just to be told to go return it to my hotel. It can technically be classified as a video recording device, right?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    praise jesus my vape pens are safe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ty Toadflax. I'm going to guess i don't have to smuggle in the three puff up beach balls i brought since i didn't see them on the list?

we could do a get together after the show. like maybe one of the nearby hotel inside restaurants/or eateries within walking distance of venue? any takers or suggestions? it would be a great way to include and give to those who may be arriving late due to unforeseen circumstances, or for whom may not have been able to get a tix but made the trip just in case. first hand fresh stories n a chance of post show glow wind down time as well as mingle with d'real fans.
    (just an idea...)

n Ns1---
    I read that as 'praise jesus my vip penis are safe'
    my blood sugar must be getting low...
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-19-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm in line. (I actually have been for about three hours now.)

Unless they were lying, the half dozen people or so I asked (out of the first ~12 in line) had either never heard of ETS or had vaguely heard of it but never posted. That really surprised me lol, I sort of assumed the first 100 people in line would be NIN superfan, 5,000 post count long-term ETS alumni. Weird, I guess ETS is still indie.

If anybody wants to meet Harry Seaward/MixMastahTee in person, I'm the hideous looking caveman with the tie-dye Mickey Mouse shirt. If I have wronged you or been a snarky sarcastic dick to you on the internet, which is likely, please warn me before you punch me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long shot, but would anyone be willing to trade 2 GA tickets for 2 seated tickets? Section 105 Row M Seats 5-4

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    ty Toadflax. I'm going to guess i don't have to smuggle in the three puff up beach balls i brought since i didn't see them on the list?

we could do a get together after the show. like maybe one of the nearby hotel inside restaurants/or eateries within walking distance of venue? any takers or suggestions? it would be a great way to include and give to those who may be arriving late due to unforeseen circumstances, or for whom may not have been to get a tix, first hand fresh stories n a chance of post show glow wind down time as well as mingle with d'real fans.
    (just an idea...)
    I'd love to get together, but I'll have a long drive home and @Pureone in tow, so it'll depend on whether both of us are up for a hang session before hitting the road. If anything does materialize, PM me a phone number, and we'll let you know if we can make it after.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm in line. (I actually have been for about three hours now.)

Unless they were lying, the half dozen people or so I asked (out of the first ~12 in line) had either never heard of ETS or had vaguely heard of it but never posted. That really surprised me lol, I sort of assumed the first 100 people in line would be NIN superfan, 5,000 post count long-term ETS alumni. Weird, I guess ETS is still indie.

If anybody wants to meet Harry Seaward/MixMastahTee in person, I'm the hideous looking caveman with the tie-dye Mickey Mouse shirt. If I have wronged you or been a snarky sarcastic dick to you on the internet, which is likely, please warn me before you punch me.
    "Hi, everyone! I'm looking for a hairy C-word. Is there a hairy C-word here? I'd really like to see a hairy C-word. Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    tie-dye Mickey(?) I love it!!
    Hey, is Disney endorsing the pot wagon too?
    (are you an Oregon hippie native hiding amongst the Californeye eh peeps..I will know. the lack of tan will seriously give u away!!!!)
    jk