Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3110

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Manson puts on a good show if the crowd is good, i've noticed. It seems like the shows where he gives way less of a fuck are shows where the audience aren't as into it. Maybe he gives less of a fuck because they suck, or they suck because he sucks? I'm not sure. I saw him in El Paso last october and it was an amazing performance and the audience was really into it. The setlist definitely does need a change though. The first show of the pale emperor tour had a great setlist as someone already pointed out (acoustic sweet dreams, mister superstar into warship my wreck, a bunch of new songs). who knows why they decided to scrap that after a night

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Lolllllllllllll

Love how he just up and punches that guy's monitor near the end. So edgy. So reckless. What a rebel.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-22-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    holy shit...

A live arena metal show is already ridiculously loud... Anyone who's ever worked live sound cringed while looking at that. What an asshole. Good thing the sound guy was fast on his feet, but that was probably a brain-crushingly loud second of audio there.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'm pretty sure bands that do use prompters — and NIN is not an example, as I've never seen one in countless thousands of images of NIN shows — are just looking at regular monitors on the floor. Not that I have any problem with this, but it's still a bummer when you forget 'cause have to check your feet. Not very fitting with NIN's image, and again I've never seen it. Anyhow, TR screwing up the words at a NIN show is cause for delight, not concern! There's likely to be an imminent shit-fit and something getting broken onstage.
    Yes you're right in that, in the case of NIN, they were actually probably using monitors and not those cool translucent Obama teleprompters. But somebody asked TR during the Tension 2013 tour during VIP soundcheck or Q&A or something if the teleprompters were for him and he annoyedly responded that they were for Lisa/Sharlotte. But I wouldn't doubt that he also took advantage of them. But yeah, I can't verify if they were used on other tours.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Hearing early reports that manson is in the hospital in upstate New York. No details just yet.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Source? (applies to both posts above)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Fan Facebook page, his supposed nurses brother posted about it saying he was admitted tonight. Additionally his appearance at the Make Me a Maryr premier was canceled tonight as well.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    As much crap as we give the guy (some deserved, some not), hope dude is alright.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I really hope he doesn't die. I don't want him to die like an asshole. I want him to get his shit together and actually give a shit about performing and make good records.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Someone needs to give this man an intervention.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised he is still alive the way he treats himself still.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Yes you're right in that, in the case of NIN, they were actually probably using monitors and not those cool translucent Obama teleprompters. But somebody asked TR during the Tension 2013 tour during VIP soundcheck or Q&A or something if the teleprompters were for him and he annoyedly responded that they were for Lisa/Sharlotte. But I wouldn't doubt that he also took advantage of them. But yeah, I can't verify if they were used on other tours.
    Source?
    I'm not sure what source I can give you unless the person who asked the question to TR (or anybody else that was in there for the soundcheck) happens to be on ETS. I met them along with a bunch of other people (cc: @HeavenlyBearded) from ETS in Vegas, so it's quite possible she's here. I don't remember who it was though, it was just a quick casual conversation almost 3 years ago. I've reached out to Lisa and Sharlotte on Twitter; I will relay here what answer I get, if I get one.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Wait, he doesn't play Fight Song at shows anymore? That's odd, I was under the impression that it was one of his biggest hits.
    Definitely not. The video and single got next-to-no airplay, despite its unabashed awesomeness.

I hope to see it back someday soon, too. It fucking STOMPS live and I miss chanting FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! and throwing an oxygen mask to him every night, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    Manson puts on a good show if the crowd is good, i've noticed. It seems like the shows where he gives way less of a fuck are shows where the audience aren't as into it. Maybe he gives less of a fuck because they suck, or they suck because he sucks? I'm not sure. I saw him in El Paso last october and it was an amazing performance and the audience was really into it.
    Obviously, an enthusiastic, engaged audience makes all the difference for a performer like him. He's actually talked about it in several interviews over the years.

I've noticed over the years that the Texan fanbase seems to throw down extra hard and I've still never seen a "bad" show there. Glad to hear you had such a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit...

A live arena metal show is already ridiculously loud... Anyone who's ever worked live sound cringed while looking at that. What an asshole. Good thing the sound guy was fast on his feet, but that was probably a brain-crushingly loud second of audio there.
    Haha, you've gotta have fun at what you do! I thought it was a nice bit of pranksterism, at least.

Would have KILLED to have been there so I could've captured it with a better mic!

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Fan Facebook page, his supposed nurses brother posted about it saying he was admitted tonight. Additionally his appearance at the Make Me a Maryr premier was canceled tonight as well.
    I can vouch for the guy. We're good pals and go back almost a decade to when he caught my bible after Manson tossed it and he found all my email and phone contact info inside it, lol. He's a good guy who's lived on the east coast his whole life and he was just trying to express concern and help give a heads-up to pals and fellow fans he knew were traveling from afar in case of another cancellation.

Pretty bummed about his cancelled appearance at the Let Me Make You a Martyr premiere, too. One of my pals ponied-up for the kickstarter and had tickets to the premiere because of it and we were planning on going. Likewise, tonight's supposed to be my first night on this tour, so fingers = crossed.

No news is good news, I guess.

:-\

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    "early reports"

lol
    I mean, c'mon. Straight from the nurse IS pretty much as "early" as an early report can be, after all.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Definitely not. The video and single got next-to-no airplay, despite its unabashed awesomeness.

I hope to see it back someday soon, too. It fucking STOMPS live and I miss chanting FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! and throwing an oxygen mask to him every night, lol.
    Huh. It must be a regional thing, since the video was on constantly over here back in the day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it even possible that the shows going forward could be even shittier than the ones thus far? Is that even possible?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    And here I was chalking his bad vibes in Montreal up to his diva tendencies.

If he's actually been hospitalized I'll choke down my bile. I wouldn't expect anyone to give a good performance under those conditions.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Haha, you've gotta have fun at what you do! I thought it was a nice bit of pranksterism, at least.

Would have KILLED to have been there so I could've captured it with a better mic!
    Ok, I do live sound, that's a good gig... I'm a sound guy, and I've also performed live in bands. Doing both has given me a decent understanding of both sides of the mirror. I'm not hugely famous or nearly as cracked out of my mind as Marilyn Manson, but I know what it's like to do both jobs.

That isn't "fun" what he's doing there. That's being a fucking asshole.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've noticed over the years that the Texan fanbase seems to throw down extra hard and I've still never seen a "bad" show there.
    I get the impression you've never seen a "bad" Manson show anywhere.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Is it even possible that the shows going forward could be even shittier than the ones thus far? Is that even possible?
    I bought 6th row seats for what I was assuming was going to be a train wreck and honest I don't think they can get any worse, this has been the worst tour he has ever done, I'm honestly very worried about him. He can literally only go up from here, I hope he sobered up in the hospital and can have a moment of clarity to see what he's doing to himself, his fans, his girlfriend and his dad. I don't want to have to try and explain his shitty behavior anymore to my friends and wife.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I don't want to have to try and explain his shitty behavior anymore to my friends and wife.
    Well, I can say that I'm glad I've never had to explain Marilyn Manson's shitty behavior to anyone... From that video I watched, I would have cheered if the sound guy had beaten him into a coma.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Still looking forward to seeing you there, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Huh. It must be a regional thing, since the video was on constantly over here back in the day.
    Yeah, it's possible. But, regardless, it was still never one of his biggest hits or even really a hit at all...I guess you just lucked out and heard it played a lot. "Tainted Love," by comparison, wasn't really that big a deal in the States but was HUGE overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    And here I was chalking his bad vibes in Montreal up to his diva tendencies.

If he's actually been hospitalized I'll choke down my bile. I wouldn't expect anyone to give a good performance under those conditions.
    That's fair. And, fwiw...between Manson disappearing for a bit, songs getting cut, and the mumbled mention of a "flesh wound," it sounds like he probably had a serious cut to deal with offstage for a few minutes. That happened at the Nashville show concluding the End Times show and no one really knew what was taking so long between songs until he came back out with a tourniquet around his arm and was bleeding all over himself through the fresh bandages on his middle finger, lol.

It happens!

But, hey. You still got that Tones on Tail cover intro! With sax and NOT as an intro for "Rock is Dead," both of which I believe are firsts as far as I know, at least.

Ok, I do live sound, that's a good gig... I'm a sound guy, and I've also performed live in bands. Doing both has given me a decent understanding of both sides of the mirror. I'm not hugely famous or nearly as cracked out of my mind as Marilyn Manson, but I know what it's like to do both jobs.

That isn't "fun" what he's doing there. That's being a fucking asshole.
    Meh.

It's his performance, his soundboard, and his employee. He can fuck around if he wants to and the venue equipment is insured anyway so w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I get the impression you've never seen a "bad" Manson show anywhere.
    Not personally, no. I've always enjoyed the shows I've attended!

That said, obviously I've seen PLENTY of rougher shows they had to struggle through more than others, but the extra effort, commitment, and suffering required to muscle through it anyway was always impressive enough to balance out the downsides, as far as I'm concerned. They weren't "bad," they were just difficult and less than perfect. And that's okay. The shows are STILL fun as hell and blow me away enough to allow for some slip-ups and off-nights.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Meh.

It's his performance, his soundboard, and his employee. He can fuck around if he wants to and the venue equipment is insured anyway so w/e.
    He's not insured for destroying the ears of the people in the audience, and even if your sad apologetics involve the fact that these are "his employees," you're still an asshole for treating your employees like shit while you prance around high-as-fuck, and only the biggest fanboy excuses that shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    He's not insured for destroying the ears of the people in the audience, and even if your sad apologetics involve the fact that these are "his employees," you're still an asshole for treating your employees like shit while you prance around high-as-fuck, and only the biggest fanboy excuses that shit.
    Ditto.

Little summary of his recent exploits

http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/07/22...snt-look-good/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm not sure what source I can give you unless the person who asked the question to TR (or anybody else that was in there for the soundcheck) happens to be on ETS. I met them along with a bunch of other people (cc: @HeavenlyBearded) from ETS in Vegas, so it's quite possible she's here. I don't remember who it was though, it was just a quick casual conversation almost 3 years ago. I've reached out to Lisa and Sharlotte on Twitter; I will relay here what answer I get, if I get one.
    K they responded and said that the monitor was used mainly for rehearsal and only for a few shows. I knew I wasn't making it up!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    He went from doing 11 songs in his set to 8 tonight. Get a load of this shit, at this rate he'll be ending up doing 4 songs by the end of the tour.

1. Angel With the Scabbed Wings
    2. Disposable Teens
    3. No Reflection
    4. mOBSCENE
    5. Intermission
      (Lengthy delay)
    6. The Dope Show
    7. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
      (Eurythmics cover)
    8. Antichrist Superstar
    9. Intermission
      (Lengthy delay.)
    10. The Beautiful People

Note: 1st delay was 10+ minutes long. 2nd delay was 10+ minutes long. Band also left the stage for 3+ minutes before Anitchrist Superstar. Set was 60 minutes, and they played 8 songs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Maybe he's still sick and in those breaks he's trying to get his shit back together? I don't know.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Maybe he's still sick and in those breaks he's trying to get his shit back together? I don't know.
    Well, it's important to note he was absolutely wasted again tonight. He shot his condom cannon off too early before the dope show then rolled around giggling on the ground afterwards from what the videos showed.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    He shot his condom cannon off too early before the dope show then rolled around giggling on the ground afterwards from what the videos showed.
    I'm pretty certain I don't even know what this means.... but I'm not sure

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm pretty certain I don't even know what this means.... but I'm not sure
    It's a tshirt gun that shoots condoms lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    It's a tshirt gun that shoots condoms lol
    oh cool. Sounds like a great time. Part. from a 47 year old man. Get it together Brian.