Page 55 of 215 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 6440

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Honestly, I think most people pretty much already have their minds set between these two, also.
    Yeah, I'm sure you're right. That said, I still encounter people who haven't decided. The day before our caucus I had lunch with a teacher who still wasn't sure between Hillary or Bernie. I don't know how many people there are like her, but probably not enough to have a big impact. At this point, the Dem primary is more of a turnout game. But for Trump, I suspect there's basically nobody who's undecided, unless they just woke up from a twenty year coma. Whatever small percentage of people there are who haven't made up their mind between Rubio and Cruz, or between Clinton or Sanders, there's gotta be even less who are on the fence about Trump. He's too polarizing.

Really, most people's vote is determined long before the candidates are even announced. You choose based on who you already are.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Pretty sure we'll see Rubio lose FL and suspend his campaign tonight or in the coming days. Anyone expecting differently?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Yeah, Rubio's toast.

In other Florida election news, apparently 38% of people think Ted Cruz might be the Zodiac killer.

A few weeks ago, the respected Public Policy Polling organization found that 38 percent of voting-age Floridians (one of the most influential states in determining the outcome of the presidential election) cannot rule out the possibility that Ted Cruz may indeed be the Zodiac Killer —10 percent of voters think he is and another 28 percent remain unsure.
    I think the unsure ones crack me up even more than the ones who are fully convinced.

These people are voting today.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah, Rubio's toast.

In other Florida election news, apparently 38% of people think Ted Cruz might be the Zodiac killer.

I think the unsure ones crack me up even more than the ones who are fully convinced.

These people are voting today.
    Imagine how many people will kill themselves after waking up to a reality where this motherfucker is the president

Even if he IS the Zodiac killer, that will be a mere footnote in the death count

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The Playboy interview I linked, above, is from 1990, not the 1997 Playboy interview. In the 1997 interview, he sounds just like Steve Jobs, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Even if he IS the Zodiac killer, that will be a mere footnote in the death count
    Ted was 2 when the Zodiac Killer made his first hit, so we can count Jesus Cruz out as the Zodiac Killer.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    KKK backs Hillary now

“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ted was 2 when the Zodiac Killer made his first hit, so we can count Jesus Cruz out as the Zodiac Killer.
    You're no fun.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Tonight is going to require more bubbly than I usually consume in one evening. This reminds me of my late friend Jay, RIP, who'd drink box wine and sit in front of the TV all night for every election, all excited. G and I are making a pizza. My nerves are killing me.

Every time Cruz wins a state, a kitten dies.

I am rooting for Kasich to win Ohio, though.

I am also rooting for Clinton to win Illinois.

Bravo to the Cubans, though: only 14% of them voted for Cruz in Florida. AND HE'S HALF CUBAN, TOO.

Edit: And not Rude-io is up there speaking and saying "in 2008, there was a terrible downturn in our economy" [implication: BECAUSE OF OBAMA]: LIAR!!! Because of IRAQ and the MORTGAGE CRASH, you are lying.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Down goes Rubio! Down goes Rubio!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Down goes Rubio! Down goes Rubio!
    And he's praying. Egad.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    And he's praying. Egad.
    Kasich looks like he's gonna get Ohio.
    Trump get NC, Missouri and Illinois.
    Cruz gets nothing.

Is that it? Is there a path for Cruz?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Cruz gets nothing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    FUCK these evangelicals.

Wait, nobody wants to actually fuck them.

The Catholics are way more fuckable.

Off a tall cliff.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Holy crap, Hillary winning all five states????

NOW WE HAVE TO VOTE OUT THE REPUBS IN THE SENATE!!!! WE DEMS CAN TAKE BACK BACK THE SENATE!!!

edit: race called for Tammy Duckworth and Mark Kirk in Illinois. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) has a real shot at willing the Illinois Senate in November.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks like Clinton will have a good nignt. She was expected to win NC and FL, but Ohio is another major prize. If she wins all five, the wind will be taken out of Sander's sails.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, so far this fucking North Shore School District 112 Referendum is LOSING!!!

MUA HA HA HA HA!!!

Also, Kim Foxx is beating Anita Alvarez by a LOT in Cook County ha ha ha ha ha!! (I'm in Lake County so I couldn't vote but BRAVO Cook County).

Chicago’s Top Prosecutor Doomed Thousands Of School Kids
    Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    the wind will be taken out of Sander's sails.
    Not like those sails were taking him anywhere anyway though

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ugh, CRUZ, ugh, every word that comes out of his mouth is total bullshit. THE BIGGEST liar of all of these candidates. And he was a SCOTUS clerk, so I hold him to a higher standard. He needs to be stuck on a stick.

Btw, so far Sanders is losing Cook County, Illinois, to Hillary.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    So it seems Clinton will be the chosen candidate before I even get to vote in the primaries. This system is so blatantly broken

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So it seems Clinton will be the chosen candidate before I even get to vote in the primaries. This system is so blatantly broken
    Eh, 1,021 to 678 isn't as bad as people are hyping it up to be. Hillary actually had more delegates by this time in 2008 (if my math is right, which honestly, it's midnight and I had a long day at work so maybe I fucked up who knows but either way isn't nowhere near a blowout). It's a close enough race that no matter who wins, they will be better for the democratic party than if it were actually a blowout. I'm still looking forward to voting for Bernie next month.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    1 - that's democracy!
    2 - the primary system isn't even democracy. It's the game your party has chosen to produce a single candidate. They use whatever rules the party wants and those rules can change at any time. The system is also incredibly easy to corrupt. Just look at the insane caucus system. People seem to confuse the primary as the same process as the general election. The most true democracy is the general election.

You need to push your party to fix this! People always end up forgetting about the fucked up primary process because the general election immediately picks up and creates a big distraction. Nobody thinks about it again for at least another 4 years.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That's the way it works. We often have a presumptive nominee at this point. Not saying it's fair.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    You need to push your party to fix this! People always end up forgetting about the fucked up primary process because the general election immediately picks up and creates a big distraction. Nobody thinks about it again for at least another 4 years.
    The general election process is even more fucked! You and I both live in California, so our vote is already cast. The only incentive I have to go out and vote in the general election is some kind of nonsense philosophical duty.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Clinton won all five States. I'm pretty shocked she did as well as she did.