Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I am a huge fan of that era and would have little to no interest in seeing them nearly 30 years after their prime. Especially considering the (assumed) price of tickets.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    The Coachella lineup is announced on Jan. 5th. That's when I bet they'll break the news about their reunion. You don't just buy ad space before the biggest movie of the last five years for no reason

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the reunion or the band at this stage, this reunion will net all involved a shitload of profit.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    On paper this sounds awesome. In reality Axl's voice probably isn't up to it. Hoping for it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Regardless of what anyone thinks about the reunion or the band at this stage, this reunion will net all involved a shitload of profit.
    Yup.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    On Eddie Trunk's podcast, he mentioned Coachella as a possibility. Pure speculation of course. My 2 cents is if you are going to do a reunion then you should have the 5 original members or it is not really a reunion.
    From late 1991 to 1993, when GNR peaked in terms of popularity, they had three original, core members, Axl, Slash and Duff, which is what we will be getting now. Does it really matter if it's Fortus instead of Gilby or Frank instead of Matt Sorum?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Does it really matter if it's Fortus instead of Gilby or Frank instead of Matt Sorum?
    The general audiences would not know the difference. As long as Slash is up there I think the general crowd is down for it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    On paper this sounds awesome. In reality Axl's voice probably isn't up to it. Hoping for it regardless.
    Axl's voice was never up for it. I saw them open up for Crue, and his voice was awful. Of course the tour will make tons of money, that is the point. To me GnR will always be Rose, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby, Dizzy, and Matt Sorum would be the line up i'd want together

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Didn't Izzy stradlin' write a ton of the songs, or co-wrote anyway? He was certainly more than just a throwaway rhythm guitarist. What's his story, just not interested? I guess if the reunion is just live it doesn't really matter
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-27-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Didn't Izzy stradlin' write a ton of the songs, or co-wrote anyway? He was certainly more than just a throwaway rhythm guitarist. What's his story, just not interested? I guess if the reunion is just live it doesn't really matter
    Izzy was their best songwriter and I would love him to return. My point was, if it is just Axl, Duff and Slash, that would be the same lineup that we had in the early 90s. From what I read, Izzy is a bit of a recluse and doesn't like to tour.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 12-27-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I would like to see the line-up of Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Chris Pittman, Matt, and maybe Richard Fortus, Gilby Clarke (or both) along with Steven Adler as a second drummer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw them open up for Aerosmith in the summer of 1988 and they just blew Aerosmith off the stage. It was before they were HUGE and you could tell they were hungry. I'm afraid seeing them 30 years later would be disappointing, especially without the original lineup and doing it for the money.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    One of my issues is paying a ton for tickets only to have Axl show up hours late and miss them to catch a train home..just can't afford to throw money away

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I believe he's been showing up on time for the last year or two. At least, that's what I've heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They only mention Slash and Axl? Not interested.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    For now, yes.

One thing ill piss and moan about is NFL stadiums. That's a lot of crappy seats to see a band- I mean, it's better to watch a football game at home for a reason. But if the demand is gonna be there can't really fault them. Dem boyz gonna make a lot of money.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    One thing ill piss and moan about is NFL stadiums. That's a lot of crappy seats to see a band- I mean, it's better to watch a football game at home for a reason. But if the demand is gonna be there can't really fault them. Dem boyz gonna make a lot of money.
    You're Krazy. Oh my.

Sorry, just wanted to respond with that when I opened the thread, didn't matter what you had actually posted.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    That "reunion" needs more Duff...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Duff's obviously in. He likely brokered the peace between Axl and Slash. Izzy didn't want to tour 25 years ago so I doubt that changes now. He'll most likely pop up for a song or two here and there. I'd love Adler on drums but I'll bet he gets guest spots at the most. The likeliest lineup is Axl,Slash, Duff,Richard Fortus,Dizzy,Pitman and Frank Ferrer. If Axl wants a third guitar player I'd vote for Gilby Clarke since I can't see Izzy doing 25 stadium shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Izzy won't tour so what is your solution? Adler is great but may not be reliable. This hybrid lineup with guest spots by Izzy,Adler,Sorum,Gilby (all speculation on my part) is as good as it gets in 2016. To the general public ,GNR is Axl and Slash.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Axl, Slash and Duff, same as in late 1991 to 1993. I bet we get Fortus instead of Gilby and Frank on drums.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Axl, Slash and Duff, same as in late 1991 to 1993. I bet we get Fortus instead of Gilby and Frank on drums.
    Ultimately, it won't matter. All most fans care about is Axl and mostly Slash. And Axl is such a nutjob, who knows how long Axl will get along with Slash. It's like Eddie Van Halen with David Lee Roth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guarantee Duff was the catalyst that got this thing in motion, so he'll definitely be there.

Izzy on the other hand is almost certainly not going to take part, other than maybe a few songs at a show or two. The question remains who the second guitarist will be. LA Weekly and CoS are claiming Sorum will be the drummer. Would be the most logical choice, you'd think.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    i read that Duff is in, but the lineup might be the same band that Axl currently has with Slash and Duff included.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...rs-coming-back

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    And now Skid Row has split with their singer:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ski...-tony-harnell/

2016, the year of reunion cash grabs!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I hope you're right and we can expect massive Pink Floyd and Led Zep co-headline tour to tear our credit cards into pieces.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    And now Skid Row has split with their singer:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ski...-tony-harnell/

More likely Snake and Rachel will go with a fourth singer. They rather play half-empty dive bars with an unknown scab than play sold-out dive bars, and maybe a high profile opening gig, with Bach.

Anyway, reports are they will play stadium shows in the U.S. and ask for $250 to $275 per ticket. I know it's Axl and Slash, but that is outrageous, if true. Can they even play stadiums at that price in 2016? An arena tour, at $150 sounds a lot more reasonable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Izzy won't tour so what is your solution? Adler is great but may not be reliable. This hybrid lineup with guest spots by Izzy,Adler,Sorum,Gilby (all speculation on my part) is as good as it gets in 2016. To the general public ,GNR is Axl and Slash.
    A reunion tour to me is all the players and Duff hasn't been officially named yet. I understand what you are saying and that is fine for the "general public" as for me, I will save my money.