Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.01 - Philadelphia, PA @ Made in America Fest

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: 2013.09.01 - Philadelphia, PA @ Made in America Fest

No but it was just the black tour shirt, red tour shirt, men's and women's Nine Inch Nails shirt and the x-ray shirt. Nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone having trouble with the torrent of this from Dime?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    re: MADE IN AMERICA

Associated Press:
    The band's 90-minute set featured hard rock anthems, songs with techno influences as well as groovy and eerie jams. NIN closed the night with a slow and smoky cover of Johnny Cash's "Hurt," which earned nonstop cheers from the crowd. Reznor was soft as he sang the song's verses — making it the set's highlight.

http://blink.htcsense.com/web/articl...cleid=12583156

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Theyre replaying the stream of the whole weekend on the same youtube channel. I would suggest somebody trying to re capture if need be.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Also 'Nine in Nails' as the fucking headline. FFS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    re: MADE IN AMERICA

Associated Press:

http://blink.htcsense.com/web/articl...cleid=12583156

In fairness the Associated Press updated their article at some point to fix the error. Others that picked it up are slower and lamer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    Did anyone snap a pic of the merch booth?
    I didn't but it looked like the same stuff they were selling at Lollapalooza, $35 for shirts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    having seen four festival shows streamed already, i was still anxious to see the show last night. me and my buddy got there about an hour before queens of the stone age were going to take the stage. the setup was a lot different than last year, and we were able to walk right up to stage left about 20 feet deep. i'll admit that im not a huge fan of them, but i do know their hits. solid show.

we were gonna stay and hang out to get close, but we figured it wouldnt be that difficult to get back there since it seemed like 3/4 of the crowd were headed over to camp out for calvin harris. i had to support budweiser by buying a couple $11 24oz cans of beer, which were promptly sweated out because of the humidity. made our way back to the stage and was about 50 feet back right in the center by the railing. couple nice, younger fans around me (i'm 40), and none really heard the new stuff yet. i think only a couple of us were rocking out when copy of a starting going. love the new versions of sanctified and terrible lie. im a huge fan of me, i'm not and somewhat damaged, so those were highlights for me. find my way sounded great, but to the generic fan, i think thats the song they will go take a piss to. i could go on an on, but overall, the energy trent put off just straight up killed it. great to see josh blending in so well.

for those that watched the live stream or who were there, did trent say 'thank you new jersey' instead of philly? also, did survivalism sound like a half beat off, or was it just my ears?

one other note. this was my first festival, i think, since lollapalooza in '93. people are fucking slobs. there were tons of garbage/recycling cans all over the place, but the field was littered with garbage. good thing the rain held off until this morning. it was pouring as i was driving back.

this was my 9th time seeing nin. got tix too prudential a few days after my bday, and probably gonna see them in kansas city. cant wait for the arena tour to see how trent and company plan on changing things.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    No but it was just the black tour shirt, red tour shirt, men's and women's Nine Inch Nails shirt and the x-ray shirt. Nothing else.
    dont forget the $5 shirts that they were selling on the street afterwards. you could get beyonce on the right side of your chest, and nin on your right.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I'm driving in from Buffalo tomorrow morning. I'll be wearing an awesome ETS shirt. Here's a recent photo of me with my daughter.

i think i saw you or your doppelganger. the guy i saw had a black nin shirt? saw him stage left for queens of the stone age, then after the show on the streets with a woman by some irish bar. i had a bacon shirt on. shaved head. looked like a hot mess.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    couple pics

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    for those that watched the live stream or who were there, did trent say 'thank you new jersey' instead of philly?
    Heh. Not Jersey, Jay-Z.

one other note. this was my first festival, i think, since lollapalooza in '93. people are fucking slobs. there were tons of garbage/recycling cans all over the place, but the field was littered with garbage. good thing the rain held off until this morning. it was pouring as i was driving back.
    Nature of the beast, as far back as I can remember.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Awesome show! Got to the venue around 11 and stood front row all day and it was totally worth it. Very subtle, but I'm the guy in the red shirt, front row around the center of this picture:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Queens blew me away. Almost as good as NIN if not on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So um, if anyone sees this guy, report him to security, yeah?
    Shows over bro. Been there, and done that. There were no problems except for one drunken asshole who needed to get floored. He came to his senses afterwards.
    Last edited by bigbadjesus; 09-02-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Someone shat themselves. We were walking towards the stage as people were leaving from Wiz Khalifa to go watch Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and we saw some people surrounding this girl. She looked like she was having a heat stroke, and when we passed her, we saw that she got a little too messed up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    i think i saw you or your doppelganger. the guy i saw had a black nin shirt? saw him stage left for queens of the stone age, then after the show on the streets with a woman by some irish bar. i had a bacon shirt on. shaved head. looked like a hot mess.
    Not I. I was wearing a light grey echoingthesound shirt. I chased down a few people I thought we're from ETS, but came up empty. It was nice to see @Leviathant and @Mormolyke again and good to meet @bgalbraith , but regret not bumping into @sickamongthepure for the billionth time. Also, I thought I spotted @Kyle in his brown shirt, but t'was not the shirt I was looking for (pretty sure the 2 guys I chased down thought I was on something. I'm sorry, I thought you were someone I've never met).

This is not the first doppleganger I've heard of. I need to track some of these guys down and send them to the office on my behalf now & then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's your verdict on the kilt? I give it a 7, would be higher but kanye rocket the black kilt first

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    That's a lot of money for something that looks like a kilt.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I ran into a few old friends from past queues and whatnot, (forget their screen names) but other than that, I failed to meet up with anyone. I was trying my best to rock out a bit in front of Josh, but the crowd seemed pretty tame and I didn't want to piss off too many people.
    I feel bad enough being 6'4.

Fun show though. Looking forward to Tension and Voodoo fest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was with the dude that had to be heaved over the barrier by security and squirted with water? Too much MDMA? This was like 3-4pm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Thanks, the clothes on the site are cool as hell, too bad I'm not!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    great show. i was leaning on the T-barrier about 2/3 of the way between the stage and soundboard - perfect view. sanctified, copy of a, came back haunted, find my way and something damaged popping up unexpectedly were all highlights. the lights were dead on and so was the sound. cant wait for october.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    regret not bumping into @sickamongthepure for the billionth time.

I will never meet you. I will eat lunch 2 tables away, but never meet you. It's the universe, man.

(Toronto/Cleveland?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did anyone make a cover for this with the "corner N" logo? I thought so but I am a bit crap this morning and looked but couldn't find one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished watching the show on Youtube. I was really impressed with the energy level and enthusiasm of the whole band. They had a pretty good set list for a festival show imo. Everyone sounded on point including Rubin's "Wish" breakdown which I've politely critiqued in the past :P I'm really looking forward to the full HM tour when we get the full experience and set list surprises. Now off to listen to HM for the first time start to finish...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Without sounding corny, it seemed like something clicked between the band and the crowd more than at other NIN shows I've been at including Wave Goodbye. In all fairness though it may have just been that I've never been to a festival before and was expecting it to be very impersonal and am exaggerating the fact that it wasn't.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Did anyone make a cover for this with the "corner N" logo? I thought so but I am a bit crap this morning and looked but couldn't find one...
    Would love to have one of these covers as well. Whoever was doing them was excellent.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Without sounding corny, it seemed like something clicked between the band and the crowd more than at other NIN shows I've been at including Wave Goodbye. In all fairness though it may have just been that I've never been to a festival before and was expecting it to be very impersonal and am exaggerating the fact that it wasn't.
    I had the exact opposite experience. Everyone that was around me for NIN were not nice and very unpleasant. Killed the while vibe for me.

Just goes to show how big a difference there can be at festivals.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I had the exact opposite experience. Everyone that was around me for NIN were not nice and very unpleasant. Killed the while vibe for me.

Just goes to show how big a difference there can be at festivals.
    Was that before, or after NIN came on?