Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.01 - Philadelphia, PA @ Made in America Fest

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Also if we all rush the VIP entrance they can't stop us all.

Or at least that worked at NIN/Bowie lol.
    only if ya'll sing Piggy while you're at it.

"NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOOOOOOOOOOW"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Off to Philly (and NYC)! Any recommendations of any kind? :P
    Stay out of Kenzington. Get a cheesesteak at John's Roast Pork instead of Pat's or Geno's.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There's the whole VIP section thing. I'm pretty certain 6:30 am is unnecessary. Not to mention, you clearly have a powerful bladder.
    Oops, I meant 6:30 PM. So if we show up an hour early, is that too late to get a good spot?

Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Stay out of Kenzington. Get a cheesesteak at John's Roast Pork instead of Pat's or Geno's.
    Just make sure to get the WIZ!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Oops, I meant 6:30 PM. So if we show up an hour early, is that too late to get a good spot?

Just make sure to get the WIZ!
    Ok. That makes much more sense. Having never been to one of these types of things before I can't answer your question but at least I don't think you're crazy anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Little bit last minute, but I'm going. Quite excited. Heading down from NYC area alone, so if anyone else is lonely, feel free to PM.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 08-30-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I'm the guy in this picture that is not Mike Patton. And I'll probably be wearing the same shirt (for some reason it seems to get good reactions from people - including the HTDA bus driver asking to take a picture of me wearing it). If you see me, feel free to stop over and say hi.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has a stream been confirmed or denied yet?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's been confirmed. I think a link to it was posted in this thread already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Well NIN is listed here:

so I think there is pretty good chance for some stream.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    NIN is listed for Sunday on the streaming webpage: http://www.youtube.com/madeinamericafest
    No set times are listed for either Saturday or Sunday yet.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 08-30-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: stupid embedded youtube

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    NIN is listed for Sunday on the streaming webpage:
    Do you mean for the streaming or for the actual performance? NIN is performing from 9:30-11:00. And the two main stages are all set up so that there's one performing before moving right on to the other. So assuming that the streaming is mainly from the two main stages and not the other two stages (which means you'll have to miss Diarrhea Planet unfortunately), I'm assuming the performances will be streamed live. At the very least, it won't be before 9:30 EDT (obviously) so if you tune in then and just start watching, you'll see them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's been confirmed. I think a link to it was posted in this thread already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post
    Well NIN is listed here:

so I think there is pretty good chance for some stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    NIN is listed for Sunday on the streaming webpage: http://www.youtube.com/madeinamericafest
    Thank you everybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, Philly native here from Fishtown. This is my first NIN concert. I got my ticket. Getting it printed tomorrow. My first concert I'm going to by myself. I'm 23. I'll be wearing boots, jeans, and a polymer knife in my boot just in case. What else do I need to know? Just keep 5 feet away from me. I'd say 30, but that's unfeasible considering the circumstances. Its ok. Just don't do anything stupid, and we'll all be fine. I mean, I wouldn't wanna have to trap your foot and bend your knee in a direction it isn't supposed to bend, and collapse you down on it with your own body weight. Or jam my palm into your throat and crush your wind pipe. This is just a concert. Lets be friendly. I'm guessing firearms won't be allowed, but hey. Shit happens.
    Last edited by bigbadjesus; 08-30-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Do you mean for the streaming or for the actual performance? NIN is performing from 9:30-11:00. And the two main stages are all set up so that there's one performing before moving right on to the other. So assuming that the streaming is mainly from the two main stages and not the other two stages (which means you'll have to miss Diarrhea Planet unfortunately), I'm assuming the performances will be streamed live. At the very least, it won't be before 9:30 EDT (obviously) so if you tune in then and just start watching, you'll see them.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the streaming. You're probably right in that they'll stream at the same time as the performances, but I might add some time in there for padding, since they usually like to start a stream before the act actually comes on stage and like to keep it going for a minute or so after the act leaves.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I noticed that the link says "streaming live" so if we're going to take the ad copy literally, it should be starting at 9:30 or reasonably close to that (I think a "tape delay" - do they call them that still - is still considered live).

And if it doesn't start by 9:40 at the latest, sue them for false advertising.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadjesus View Post
    OK, Philly native here from Fishtown. This is my first NIN concert. I got my ticket. Getting it printed tomorrow. My first concert I'm going to by myself. I'm 23. I'll be wearing boots, jeans, and a polymer knife in my boot just in case. What else do I need to know? Just keep 5 feet away from me. I'd say 30, but that's unfeasible considering the circumstances. Its ok. Just don't do anything stupid, and we'll all be fine. I mean, I wouldn't wanna have to trap your foot and bend your knee in a direction it isn't supposed to bend, and collapse you down on it with your own body weight. Or jam my palm into your throat and crush your wind pipe. This is just a concert. Lets be friendly. I'm guessing firearms won't be allowed, but hey. Shit happens.
    so, when am i able to facepalm things around here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkelpop View Post
    so, when am i able to facepalm things around here?
    A palm strike to the face is also a good idea. Thanks for that advice, I wouldn't have considered it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadjesus View Post
    So um, if anyone sees this guy, report him to security, yeah?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Heading down to Philly soon, can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be the 20-something white guy wearing a black shirt, come say hi if you see me!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Oh, Fishtown...

So, I don't like being "that guy", but I figure 1)it's a festival and 2)the people I see tomorrow will actually appreciate the shirt. I just got a completely brand new (still has tag) Fragile shirt off eBay, and I've been dying for a "good reason" to wear it. Assuming it fits well, I haven't even tried it on yet.
    It's between that, or one of my Chicago Wave Goodbye club shirts. Because nobody else ever gets how awesome they are.
    I was originally going to wear my Saul Williams shirt until I remembered it has a big bleach-like stain on the back from the acne medicine I was on at the time

HELP ME DECIDE WHAT KIND OF "that guy who wears a shirt of the band he goes to see" I SHOULD BE TOMORROW

Also, mohawk will be up, but natural dark brown. Wanted to hold off on dying it so it can be fresh in October for the arena tour.

Does anyone know a contact number? Their main site now just auto-directs to youtube, and I was hoping to be able to ask about wallet chains. I've had to throw mine away before to get in some places, other places realize it's not a fucking weapon ant more than my own fucking hands and feet. I'd really like to use it because I'm paranoid about losing my keys and wallet in the pit, so I'd have no way to get home or in my apartment once I get there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New to the forum here! Been a NIN fan since late 09 and love the new album. Going to the festival tomorrow (as well as 3 other arena shows in October), so I'm more than excited for my first NIN show. Hoping to get to the festival early and going to try for first row

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm sure you're all there tonight watching Beyonce, right?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    if you like it, then you shoulda put a ringfinger on it

:facepalms self:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hmmm... they have just shut of the broadcast after Beyonce got started. I hope that doesn't happen for NIN tomorrow.

Edit - unless that's all she performed. I'd walked away from my desk 20 mins ago and just came back.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm driving in from Buffalo tomorrow morning. I'll be wearing an awesome ETS shirt. Here's a recent photo of me with my daughter.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I'm driving in from Buffalo tomorrow morning. I'll be wearing an awesome ETS shirt. Here's a recent photo of me with my daughter.
    DAVE!

After just missing you far too many times, I hope to finally meet you in person tomorrow (well, today). Have a good trip, I've made that drive 4-10 times a year since moving down here, to visit family, and it sucks.
    I'll be the guy with a black Fragile shirt and mohawk standing as close to the front as possible. All day. :| Come say hi, I'm sure I'll get bored.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Twenty hours until show time.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Hopefully they play 'TDTWWA' and 'Suck'

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Hmmm... they have just shut of the broadcast after Beyonce got started. I hope that doesn't happen for NIN tomorrow.

Edit - unless that's all she performed. I'd walked away from my desk 20 mins ago and just came back.
    It wasn't the festival. Beyonce didn't want it broadcast.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Heading down to Philly soon, can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be the 20-something white guy wearing a black shirt, come say hi if you see me!
    Ha!

True story. First NIN concert I went to I met up with friends at the show but went there myself. I wasn't from Pittsburgh but only going to school there so I didn't know exactly where the arena was so I just got on a bus to downtown and figured I'd follow all the people dressed on black.

Found the place with absolutely no problem at all.