Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: RIP Emma McAllister, Nine Inch Nails fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RIP Emma McAllister, Nine Inch Nails fan

I won a raffle last week for a pretty amazing Nine Inch Nails item (Ghosts I-IV Ultra Deluxe box set) that I never thought I would own due to its rarity.
    The reason I happen to now own this really sucks, though - the original owner has died.
    I never met Emma, but one of the ways I identify myself is as a Nine Inch Nails fan. If I had to pick one band to listen to for the rest if my life, it would be NIN. It sounds like Emma and I share that passion...
    I hope Emma's family finds a little comfort in knowing that her memory will absolutely live on in my home.
    “Hello everyone. My name is Debbie McAllister. I was and always will be Emma’s mom. Let me start by telling you Emma was born Mark. He was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I always taught Mark, that he could be anything he wanted to be, that he was not disabled. Well he wanted to be a she. In this shitty deal she was dealt, if being a girl made her happy, then so be it. She was a lover of music. She was a huge Nine Inch Nails Fan. I’m not (sorry), but I am a huge Trent Reznor fan. Mark went to a concert, and there was no handicap seating. Trent told his rodies to put him up on stage. He saw the whole concert up close and personal. Trent spent an hour talking with him. I will forever be grateful for the gift my daughter was given that day. We tried to beat it, but that was the best day of her life. Unfortunately my beautiful baby died November 25/19. We are trying to sell her collection of music. We are moving to a smaller house, and are down sizing. The money will be going towards her debt. Thank you so very much for giving me a chance to tell you about my beautiful daughter.”

My original post on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/mike.herman...47339148787713

The raffle post with comments from Emma's mom:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/75746...66256006886389

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for sharing this touching story.

I'm sorry the family's loss.

Rest in peace Emma.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well that fucking hurt to read.

Emma and Debbie both sound like beautiful, admirable souls. I'm sure Emma took great comforting in knowing that her mom supported her through more trials in her short lifetime than most people will face over much longer periods. It's gut-wrenching to hear how Emma's time in this world has come to an end.

To the OP, I appreciate your form of tribute and remembrance. Music touches many of us in a way that nothing else can, and this is a wonderful way to keep her spirit alive. Do you happen to know which concert the two of them attended? It might be nice to feature that one on the front page of @ninlive - or at least just here in this thread - to help people feel closer to this young woman.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Rough to read that. Those anecdotes about Trent are not surprising, and just deepen my appreciation for him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wow, glad she had such supportive parents in her life, what a shame. Must be so awful to lose a child like that. RIP Emma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know the show, this was all her mom posted... someone on reddit suggested 2009 NINJA in Toronto, because they saw someone in a wheelchair on the stage. And the family lives in Ontario currently. But that's pretty thin.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    probably late, but has anyone tagged Trent with this story on twitter or insta? Or hell, @teitan here?