Page 174 of 195 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,220 of 5833

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    That cat is handsome as fuck..

Spoiler: And yes, that AATCHB boot indeed sounds pretty great..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Hi Gordon! Enjoy the grey market Prince vinyl

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Hi Gordon! Enjoy the grey market Prince vinyl
    "It's a solid boot. Highly recommend." - Gordon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Solid mail week:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    2021 blessings so far:

Lucius' Nudes on "light nude" colour vinyl, 3xLP copies of Gary Numan's Dream Corrosion (signed) and Bowie's Look at the Moon! live albums, the repress 2xLP of Autechre's debut Incunabula, Ray Charles's The Atlantic Years — In Mono 7xLP box set, and MOAR Joan As Police Woman (I have every last one of her releases now that exist on vinyl)!

A bumper bundle of Nonesuch reissues — Laurie Anderson's Big Science on red vinyl (and her Kronos Quartet collaboration Landfall, for good measure), the 1996 recording of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians, the Joshua Redman Quartet's MoodSwing.

Plus some Can-con love: the new vinyl edition of Cowboy Junkies' last album Ghosts (packaged as a two-fer gatefold with a remastered version of their previous effort All That Reckoning), Rush's super deluxe Hemispheres box set, Bruce Cockburn's Crowing Ignites, a green vinyl reissue of Alvvays' first LP.

Got another Super Deluxe on preorder for The Who Sell Out that drops next week and includes a couple of 7" repros. Looking forward to that one! Bryan Ferry Live At the Royal Albert Hall 1974 box set is also on its way.
    Last edited by botley; 04-16-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

just got these, Greg Puciato “FUCK CONTENT” bundle, christmas present from the wife

FP011.1 - Red with Black Blob

FP011.2 - Clear with Red Blob

FP007.7 - Black & Red Vinyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 04-17-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Solid mail week:
    I was at that Jack White show (and the night earlier at the Fox in Detroit) and it was epic. I remember having a floor GA ticket for the Masonic and thinking no problem, I can get there right before he goes on and get a decent spot at the back of the floor to tape. Little did I know the WHOLE LOWER BOWL/FLOOR WAS GA. I got to one of the entrances to the floor and people were crammed together and it was claustrophobic. I decided to find a spot behind the soundboard in the seats of the lower part of the venue. Pretty cool to own this on vinyl. Besides someone pressing my Kraftwerk MoMA recording to vinyl, this is the only other show that is on vinyl I've been to.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    What I bought last week. Sorry about the glare.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

And this copy was a very good copy as well... gave it a listen and it's a fairly pretty album...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wouldn't that mess with balance?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Gonna watch this tonight...

edit after watching

Yeah that was alright. People who really like listening to music on vinyl talking about it coupled with manufacturing (including talking about the environmental aspects... but not comprehensively) and the independent record stores (and Urban Outfitters, which, like it or not has done a lot for the popularity of the format amongst younger demographics).
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-23-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Topped off my dinosaur jr collection yesterday.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was introduced to Pictures at an Exhibition at a classical music class in college. I loved it, it was so much to take in especially since we were learning about leitmotifs at the time and I finally knew what to call those things in The Fragile.

So when I accidentally saw a copy of the ELP album? I thought "I wonder what that's like."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah, none of those are personal choices... still a part of a large project that I'm *so* close to finishing. So, I'm not expecting to like any of it but I'm also open to the possibility that it'll connect with me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    y'all are nuts. that ELP record is fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

Gonna watch this tonight...

edit after watching

Yeah that was alright. People who really like listening to music on vinyl talking about it coupled with manufacturing (including talking about the environmental aspects... but not comprehensively) and the independent record stores (and Urban Outfitters, which, like it or not has done a lot for the popularity of the format amongst younger demographics).
    Wow, I did not expect to see my local shop (Mills Records) in this. That's awesome. The lady who owns it, Judy, is the fucking nicest ass lady I've ever met. Definitely going to have to watch this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    You know those times when you grab something to drink and you're like yay OJ and take a big swig and it's actually apple juice? Your brain says it tastes terrible because it's the worst orange juice it's ever had but in reality it's just confused. It's not a bad thing per se, just not what you were anticipating at that moment. Maybe not the best analogy but it's what happened with me.

From their album art I was expecting something different from the group when I did a tour of their discography. Also turns out I'm not a prog guy. I've put my time in, tried several different entry points - not just ELP - and it's just not for me. That's not to say it's bad by any stretch! They are all incredibly good at what they do, they just don't do it in a way that my endorphins enjoy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I'll let you know after I listen to it...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    5th Anniversary Black Queen Fever Daydream arrived today. Silver is limited to 1000, wasn't early enough to get the gold. [drool]

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last one had two color options and I don't know if that's going to happen again. Find out Friday I guess.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I ordered an album and got it today. Unfortunately, it's pretty warped. Ever the pessimist, I'm expecting the company to just tell me it was damaged in shipping and to pound sand. Assuming this happens, does anyone know of any methods that may help to flatten the album?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I ordered an album and got it today. Unfortunately, it's pretty warped. Ever the pessimist, I'm expecting the company to just tell me it was damaged in shipping and to pound sand. Assuming this happens, does anyone know of any methods that may help to flatten the album?
    Use a reflex clamp - the one from Michell is the paradigm and not expensive - this will flatten the record to platter during playback, so the warp won't be an issue.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    How warped is it? I got a copy of Oingo Boingo's Dead Man's Party in the mail that had a small warp in it and was going to replace it with another website since they were out of stock. But I checked back in like 2 days after storing it, it was mostly gone. So now I've got two copies. Well, three if you count the original pressing that I ordered...

Edit: I had another thought. See if any record shops around you have any machines/mechanisms that can flatten records. Maybe you can convince them to do it for you. I don't really see why record shops don't provide this as a service, hell, maybe some do. They could probably make good money doing this.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 04-29-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    How warped is it? I got a copy of Oingo Boingo's Dead Man's Party in the mail that had a small warp in it and was going to replace it with another website since they were out of stock. But I checked back in like 2 days after storing it, it was mostly gone. So now I've got two copies. Well, three if you count the original pressing that I ordered...

Edit: I had another thought. See if any record shops around you have any machines/mechanisms that can flatten records. Maybe you can convince them to do it for you. I don't really see why record shops don't provide this as a service, hell, maybe some do. They could probably make good money doing this.
    Played it just to see and it looks like a slow motion video of the ground moving during an earthquake. It's cool though because the company is sending out a replacement.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Well, that's my evening sorted.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New speaker day!

Just got these Emotiva T-Zero+ speakers set up and man do they sound great. Helps that I also received this Analogue Productions pressing of Head Hunters on the same day. Perfect record for testing out my new speakers. Sonic bliss.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ^Fuck yeah! I bought the same edition for my son last Christmas, but he's only 1, so I'll be taking care of it for him for a little while...