Page 160 of 195 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Brilliant Corners - woo!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jon Fugler, the singer of Fluke, is sending me a sealed copy of Fluke's album Risotto. So frigging stoked! Vinyl is out of print and mostly beat up copies around. I guess it's his way of thanking me for getting the ball rolling with their label One Little Indian reissuing their later releases after I got the attention of the label's CEO. I actually helped the band and their management get in touch with the label who was trying to reach out and put a reissue together. Seems they are now working on something.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

END - Spinters of an Ever-Changing Face

This son of a bitch took over two weeks to get here after it was originally shipped to Washington state and then spent nearly a week in Texas being bounced around.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 06-22-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh yeah that sounds terrible.

Meanwhile here I sit without a PUSA vinyl from the Kickstarter that ended...two-ish months ago?

edit:
    For those who missed PUSA when it was a Kickstarter: https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34589733...tes-of-america
    oh ffs.
    Last edited by allegate; 06-22-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Saw a posting for the social network soundtrack vinyl on rough trade on Friday or Saturday so I ordered it.

Got This today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    This son of a bitch took over two weeks to get here after it was originally shipped to Washington state and then spent nearly a week in Texas being bounced around.
    that is GORGEOUS.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    emailed the PUSA support again because it's feckin' ridiculous that I can order the album from bullmoose at this point and probably get that before the actual kickstarter copy. got a response back fairly quickly that said they would send me one of their extra copies they got (which I was 50/50 on how I felt that they had multiple copies already and I don't have one but eh) and then whenever I get the one I paid for I could just send it back.

Seems fair to me at this point. Maybe not the paying to ship it back part but I'll figure that one when I get there. Send it media mail or something.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Damn. Can't add Instagram links.

Either way, newest additions ... Machine Girl and Bruce Haack.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-26-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Damn. Can't add Instagram links.

Either way, newest additions ...

A post shared by on

and

A post shared by on

just need the post info - in this case CBzJMgsjZ8u and CBzKPbnDMy5 - for the insta tags to work.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Weird! I did ... and now the post shows up in your quote, but I keep getting a weird error on my end when I do the exact same thing. ��

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Got this in the mail yesterday. Sounds and looks great!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Weird! I did ... and now the post shows up in your quote, but I keep getting a weird error on my end when I do the exact same thing. 🙃
    In this case you only need the https://www.instagram.com/p/CBzJMgsjZ8u/ part of the URL, delete all of the rest.

Picked these two up. I was sorely tempted by the Target version and I'm glad I held out, it was only $5. I got the Coltrane for my son. He's listening to it now and digs it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Got this in the mail yesterday. Sounds and looks great!

bootleg?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    bootleg?
    Nope, it was an official release. You can still find them out there. Here is the Discogs link:

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-T...lease/13718487

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    more gold promo stamped 80's goodness has been added to the collection!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So a spin clean is coming down the line, but what vinyl cleaning fluid do y’all recommend?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So a spin clean is coming down the line, but what vinyl cleaning fluid do y’all recommend?
    your pee

;p

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    your pee

;p

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The fluid it comes with. Pour in cap full of that, and then fill the rest of the basin with distilled water.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The fluid it comes with. Pour in cap full of that, and then fill the rest of the basin with distilled water.
    I should have been more clear, my that was my fault lol

I don't have a spin clean yet, i'm just looking for a fluid to clean my records right now with my microfiber brush.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I don't have a spin clean yet, i'm just looking for a fluid to clean my records right now with my microfiber brush.
    I think you'd better off just waiting for the spin clean. It's tricky to clean properly with just fluid and a brush because the brush is not well suited on its own to removing all of the cleaning fluid from the grooves. You could then be left with records which were less clean than when you started. The residue would also be bad for stylus.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I bought this and it gets the job done

This came in the mail yesterday. Its a test pressing of Ministry's first single, "Cold Life." This particular pressing is a test for the UK release, not a bad little score for $8 + shipping.

Next up is The Comsat Angels' "7 Day Weekend" - This one is from Italy and has a promo punchout on the lower right corner. You might remember the track "I'm Falling" from the Val Kilmer movie "Real Genius" -

And finally, I've rounded out my PG collection with this gold promo stamped copy of "So"

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 06-30-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP "i'm falling" is one of my favorite songs ever. for some reason none of the comsat angels' stuff is on streaming so i have actually popped in my real genius dvd just to listen to it. the montage in the movie is forever tied to the song for me, anyway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I was considering cleaning my TG Heathen Earth with PVA glue: pour it on, let it dry, peel it off

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I was considering cleaning my TG Heathen Earth with PVA glue: pour it on, let it dry, peel it off
    If it's in need of a proper clean I'd be happy to oblige - only takes a couple of minutes on a wet vacuum RCM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    From watching more than a few videos on that technique, it's a lot quicker and easier to do a wet cleaning than glue... I was really tempted to do it myself until I figured out a DIY wet cleaning method.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I ordered The Dusk in Us by Converge about three days ago from Deathwish but it looks to have not been shipped out yet. Will be excited to receive it whenever it does though. I also pre-ordered the Umbra Vitae vinyl.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Bands that make their only readily available vinyl release of a record a picture disk are fucking lame.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Bands that make their only readily available vinyl release of a record a picture disk are fucking lame.
    I just want Taylor Swifts Reputation on normal vinyl. The only non picture disk pressing is a orange variant thats like $600 on discogs.

Stupid.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    When a family member wants to recapture their youth and gives you cash and vague list of records... (which AC/DC and Judas Priest do you actually want? that sort of thing) ...I mean, it's not really bands I listen to. Oh well. This will be an adventure.