Page 170 of 195 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,100 of 5833

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What did this end up costing you? I saw your post in the Ministry thread and I’m thinking about picking this up along with the Acid Horse and Palehead

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP about $46 shipped. Steeper than I would've liked but not completely astronomical.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP about $46 shipped. Steeper than I would've liked but not completely astronomical.
    that’s not bad at all! It came with a 7” too?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    that’s not bad at all! It came with a 7” too?
    Yeah. I think it was like $5 less without the 7"

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Man, I have a HUGE backlog of LPs I will have to listen to once I get my rig out of storage...add this one to the pile

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been listening to a ton of physical media (i'm up to pt. 151 in my "quarantine jams" series (which only counts physical stuff, mostly vinyl, but some cassettes)) so here's just a few things i've listened to recently that are some of my favorite new additions to my collection.

deadly prey soundtrack
    this was a gift from my friend db
    watched this movie with rifftrax and oh my god it's definitely one of the more ridiculous things they've riffed. but the score is legitimately good. what's not good is the uber-cheesy piano ballad that opens the record (not surprised they left it out of the movie haha)

wake • devouring ruin
    this album came out last year (and they've already released a follow-up EP that i need to get my hands on) and it is INCREDIBLE if you like heavy music

un • the tomb of all things
    really glad this album was reissued on vinyl because it's fantastic. also really glad i got to see them live in 2019.

emma ruth rundle & thou • may our chambers be full / the helm of sorrow
    this is not only the best album that came out in 2020, but one of the best albums ever released

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It’s going to be a while before I can give a review as my deck and amp are currently packed up from my move. Based on the other releases I have, the sound should be spot on.
    Supposed to be restocking this in about an hour. It's more than I'd like to spend (especially for an unofficial release), but I think I'm gonna go for it. I have all the other ones by now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Another day, another Manson bootleg. That Jane's Addiction has been at the top of my grails list for a while though, so I'm real happy to finally have that one.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So stoked to have this in my collection. I was at this show and its cool to finally own a concert I've been to on wax. #164 out or 550

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Sure, it was delayed a few times but once it actually shipped it got to me pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I've been working close to 60 hours every week and decided to do a bit of "treat myself" the last couple weeks. Today was the first day I have had a day off in awhile so I am going to try and listen to a bunch of my new additions today. I've had an ATLP60 turntable for the last few years just to have something to listen to my records. But after a lot of research and reading, I finally bit the bullet on buying a Uturn Orbit custom table with an ortofon cartridge. I've never had a good turntable so I am excited to hear how stuff sounds after making a jump. It will be about 5 weeks before it comes. But I am stoked!

IMG_3964.jpg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Watch that Worship and Tribute album. One side of mine got ruined from keeping it in that sleeve.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Watch that Worship and Tribute album. One side of mine got ruined from keeping it in that sleeve.
    You mean the white vinyl version? Yeah... That happened to my copy too. But if you mean this sleeve of the music on vinyl release, I will do so. I am so paranoid after my Ghost box set got the degassing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    You mean the white vinyl version? Yeah... That happened to my copy too. But if you mean this sleeve of the music on vinyl release, I will do so. I am so paranoid after my Ghost box set got the degassing.
    No, I was referring to the white version. Bummer there's no way to fix it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I recently pre-ordered Andrew WK's new single. Went through his website to get the autographed edition. It's a split red/blue 7" vinyl with some 3D glasses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I've been working close to 60 hours every week and decided to do a bit of "treat myself" the last couple weeks. Today was the first day I have had a day off in awhile so I am going to try and listen to a bunch of my new additions today. I've had an ATLP60 turntable for the last few years just to have something to listen to my records. But after a lot of research and reading, I finally bit the bullet on buying a Uturn Orbit custom table with an ortofon cartridge. I've never had a good turntable so I am excited to hear how stuff sounds after making a jump. It will be about 5 weeks before it comes. But I am stoked!
    I have a Uturn Orbit turntable, and I'm quite happy with it, so I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. Quite jealous of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack as well - it's my favorite score Trent and Atticus have done, but unfortunately I wasn't collecting vinyl when it was first released and the few times I've seen a used version pop up, it's inevitably selling for far more than I can justify spending. I hope Trent considers doing a re-release some day...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    any of you guys have an update on that lacquer plant fire from almost a year ago that was supposed to cripple the industry? I googled a bit and didnt come up with any recent updates. Brand new music is being created from scratch on new masters (or whatever the term is called...I'm not a vinyl guy) so clearly they have figured something out. Is everyone using that other technology I remember reading about when the fire first happened?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    any of you guys have an update on that lacquer plant fire from almost a year ago that was supposed to cripple the industry? I googled a bit and didnt come up with any recent updates. Brand new music is being created from scratch on new masters (or whatever the term is called...I'm not a vinyl guy) so clearly they have figured something out. Is everyone using that other technology I remember reading about when the fire first happened?
    I was just wondering about this too. Doesn't seem to really have had any effect on new releases at all.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Added this Italian promo 12" of PHM (german pressing) to my collection! Top corner says "Campione gratuito" which translates to "free sample"

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This guy just came in! Wish I had known about the splatter and tri-color variants prior to ordering the clear red from Amoeba.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Its FINALLY here and it's gorgeous!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Its FINALLY here and it's gorgeous!
    That really is an amazing looking record! I've never seen a black vinyl with a color splatter like that. Tool should do this for Ænima with white in the center to kind of mimic the "smokebox" on the cover.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Glassjaw's Coloring Book EP was put up for pre-order yesterday with 120 different variants through Revolver, St. Vitus, Brooklyn Vegan, and The Hard Times. All sold out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Glassjaw's Coloring Book EP was put up for pre-order yesterday with 120 different variants through Revolver, St. Vitus, Brooklyn Vegan, and The Hard Times. All sold out.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that's my favorite thing they've ever done. i had no idea that was even happening. i'm so fucking sad.

i wonder how many of those purchases were fucking flippers -_-

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe

They look fucking rad, too. Really nice packaging. For $45 a pop though, they needed to be.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe

They look fucking rad, too. Really nice packaging. For $45 a pop though, they needed to be.
    ungh they're so pretty. think there's any chance of them releasing more? i really, really wish i had known about this ahead of time. did you manage to get one?

also, yeah, people are already flipping them for $250+ because people are fucking worthless garbage. how is it ok to put up a listing for something you don't actually own yet? ugh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ungh they're so pretty. think there's any chance of them releasing more? i really, really wish i had known about this ahead of time. did you manage to get one?

also, yeah, people are already flipping them for $250+ because people are fucking worthless garbage. how is it ok to put up a listing for something you don't actually own yet? ugh.
    I saw it in passing on Friday afternoon and totally spaced it. Probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger for $45, but who knows in the heat of the moment.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)