Page 163 of 195 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I realized that I have already spent more cash on vinyl this year than in any previous year, and it's still only August.

1) Completed my collection of Joan As Police Woman's back catalogue on LP, and bought her excellent new covers album on red vinyl & CD
    2) Found a vintage direct-to-disk live record made by my hometown's queer/LGBT pop heroes, Rough Trade
    3) Rekindled my love of Dr. Dre's 2001 with Interscope's terrific-sounding new vinyl reissue
    4) Scored an excellent used copy of David Bowie's Record Store Day release of the full-length demo of "Let's Dance" for, like, nothing
    5) With Teeth definitive edition. Aces!
    6) The new Squarepusher album with bonus 12" single for “Vortrack”
    7) Atticus' Love and Mercy score album on blue-coloured vinyl
    8) Got a really good used copy of Ricky Nelson's Ricky Sings Again reissued by MFSL
    9) A couple of other 12" curios in the used bin, including The Power Station's "Some Like it Hot and The Heat Is On", and Steven Page's last solo album
    10) That bangin' new LP from !!! called Wallop
    11) Single disc of outtakes/highlights from Harry Nilson's RCA Albums Collection
    12) Double-LP soundtrack of live recordings from Urgh! A Music War
    13) Leonard Cohen's Thanks for the Dance but also
    14) Found a good recording of the London Philharmonic doing Holst's Planets on nice quiet vintage LP conducted by Sir Adrian Boult
    15) Picked up the last Natasha Kmeto 7" (really looking forward to her new album soon!)
    16) Steven Wilson's remixed version of King Crimson's Red and the 2019 "Cat Food" live and studio split 10"
    17) Reggie Watts and John Tejada's second Wajatta collaboration, Don't Let Get You Down
    18) The Bob's Burgers Music Album
    19) Picked up the rest of the Watchmen score LPs to go with Bird Box Extended, oh and the Bicycle Pretty Hate Machine 2x12" remaster for good measure
    20) June Tyson's Saturnian Queen of the Sun Ra Arkestra
    21) Joy Division reissues of 12" singles for "Transmission" and "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
    22) Joe Jackson's Summer in the City and Joan Armatrading's self-titled on beautiful Intervention Records remasters
    23)
    Rush's Permanent Waves 40th anniversary edition
    24) Alain Johannes, Lianne La Havas', and PP Arnold's new jams
    25) Couple of Gary Numan reissues (Hybrid & Live in London)
    26) Brittany Howard's Jamie and My Morning Jacket's The Waterfall II in colour vinyl editions
    27) The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and Autolux's Transit Transit reissues
    28) Fucking grand-daddy of them all: The Stooges Fun House 50th Anniversary Deluxe box set

Some of these are still en route, but goddamn.
    Last edited by botley; 08-04-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Any Vinyl Me Please subscribers in here following the latest debacle with them? I canceled my subscription a few months ago anyway because there wasn't anything I really wanted, but I was always open to rejoining if they got something I really wanted (like I did for El-P), but with the way things are now I don't think I'll ever join back.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    7) Atticus' Love and Mercy score album on blue-coloured vinyl
    So good​.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I got an email about a vinyl being shipped but I didn't recognize the store front so I looked them up on google. Scrolling through the bands represented by the company and I didn't recognize any of them until I did, the one I that must be coming. I had ordered it via Bandcamp but since I was there I looked at the art again to admire it. Then I saw that they were offering a signed version of the album for only a couple dollars more than the non-signed version, and also that the price I paid on Bandcamp was in-between those two prices. So now I'm thinking a) man, I could have same some bucks and b) man, I could have gotten it signed? because that wasn't an option on Bandcamp. When it comes I guess I'll find out what I got.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Any Vinyl Me Please subscribers in here following the latest debacle with them? I canceled my subscription a few months ago anyway because there wasn't anything I really wanted, but I was always open to rejoining if they got something I really wanted (like I did for El-P), but with the way things are now I don't think I'll ever join back.
    If you're referring to the 3rd party vendor and whether they are working with them, I don't think there's enough evidence to make a decision based on that alone.
    VMP makes a great product and is doing fairly well through their growing pains.
    I will never sign on for a year ever again, but after taking a few months off, I'm now on my second 3 month stint, happy to have had good swaps, and expecting some real gems in the next couple RHH slots.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I realized that I have already spent more cash on vinyl this year than in any previous year, and it's still only August.
    Yeah but think of all the stuff you didn't spend money on!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    If you're referring to the 3rd party vendor and whether they are working with them, I don't think there's enough evidence to make a decision based on that alone.
    VMP makes a great product and is doing fairly well through their growing pains.
    I will never sign on for a year ever again, but after taking a few months off, I'm now on my second 3 month stint, happy to have had good swaps, and expecting some real gems in the next couple RHH slots.
    Oh no, the Vinceron saga was just the tip of the iceberg. Yesterday they decided to jack up their prices nearly 50%! Take a look at the VMP subreddit to get an idea of what's going on. Tons of people jumping ship.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Yeah but think of all the stuff you didn't spend money on!
    You're right, I am a paragon of restraint!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    20) June Tyson's Saturnian Queen of the Sun Ra Arkestra
    28) Fucking grand-daddy of them all: The Stooges Fun House 50th Anniversary Deluxe box set
    20 - what is that? and how is it?
    28 - i did not know anything about this! please tell me more!!! that's my favorite stooges album (and one of my all-time favorite albums in general)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    You ever have the mailman come up to you all like ""I bet you wanna monster speed racket soul-crusher psychotron-omatic demon blaster comin' atcha from the electric silver sky!"

Damn fuckin' right I do

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Zooropa and Pop are my fav. U2 albums. I know I'm an outlier...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Oh no, the Vinceron saga was just the tip of the iceberg. Yesterday they decided to jack up their prices nearly 50%! Take a look at the VMP subreddit to get an idea of what's going on. Tons of people jumping ship.
    OOF! I saw some of this yesterday, but didn't realize how bad it had gotten.

I was a member for most of 2016 (which doesn't seem like that long ago), but had to cancel after my job had layoffs that fall. Had always waited for another chance to jump back in, but never did—hell, that MF Doom I just got (which is a VMP pressing, but I ended up getting it off Amazon before they went up and announced a repressing) made me almost get back in the VMP game but I still held off. Looking back there was always something I wanted but just couldn't commit. Been buying more records again this year and thought, ahh—why the hell not, I'll get back in.

Thank goodness I hesitated again. They've got pretty quiet on social (not the norm for them) since this price hike too.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Spiritual jazz. If you enjoy the vocal cuts featuring Patrice Quinn from a Kamasi Washington release, this is right up your alley.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Spiritual jazz. If you enjoy the vocal cuts featuring Patrice Quinn from a Kamasi Washington release, this is right up your alley.
    is it directly related to Sun Ra or just inspired by him? either way, i'm in!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    is it directly related to Sun Ra or just inspired by him? either way, i'm in!
    She was Sun Ra and His Arkestra's violinist, as well as costume designer and choreographer.

She is known as the Queen of Afro-Futurism. In the beginning, many of the cuts she performed were Sun Ra songs written by him for her to perform.
    Last edited by Jon; 08-09-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    28 - i did not know anything about this! please tell me more!!! that's my favorite stooges album (and one of my all-time favorite albums in general)
    OH HONEY. The June Tyson record is fucking tremendous. It's a compilation Sundazed put out last year of all her best vintage vocals with the Arkestra, and also a bunch of unreleased recordings. Great overview of her stuff.

So remember they did a complete Fun House sessions box set on CD a while back? Every outtake, every note, every word spoken while the Stooges were rolling tape in the studio in 1970? Well this box set has ALL of that on vinyl. 15 LPs including the original album cut at 45 RPM for the first time and Live at Ungano's, plus two versions of "Down on the Street" on 7". And a slipmat, 7" adapter, book, posters, photos, etc. A beautiful package.
    Last edited by botley; 08-09-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Since I haven't posted about this here yet, my husband and I started an online record store last year.

Our prices are always negotiable so if you see something you want feel free to shoot us an offer using the "Make an Offer" button.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Shop by me ran a 1-day only 50% off sale today. Got all of the below for $150 even. I could've paid that much for New Order and Tom Waits alone!

If any of you are in the Long Island area, go check out and support Worm Hole Vinyl in Northport!
    Last edited by imail724; 08-19-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Supposed to be big Scott Pilgrim news about the soundtrack today, I wonder if it's going to be a vinyl release?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    We have an ultrasonic cleaner and the results we get with it are insane. At 3k it's understandably not a realistic purchase for the average person but my god does it produce some incredible results.

We also have an Orb Flattener that has been well worth the expense.

On that note - if anyone here has records they need flattened hit me up

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    We have an ultrasonic cleaner and the results we get with it are insane. At 3k it's understandably not a realistic purchase for the average person but my god does it produce some incredible results.

We also have an Orb Flattener that has been well worth the expense.

On that note - if anyone here has records they need flattened hit me up
    hmm...I do believe I have a Ministry record that could use a flattening

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I’ve been blogging a little about lockdown tunes since I have more opportunity to listen to my collection at the moment. My latest was “come together” https://jmtd.net/log/come_together/

Edit: my last entry was Power, Corruption and Lies
    https://jmtd.net/log/lockdown_music/
    Last edited by jmtd; 08-20-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    hmm...I do believe I have a Ministry record that could use a flattening
    I'm going to text you - happy to flatten anything for you free of charge.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    hmmm...

Looks like the Hackers soundtrack RSD release has been pushed until September... so now I have my eye on those two Gorillaz releases (already have them on CD, so having them this way just helps round out my collection).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I finally have all three volumes. Yay.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    ¿ ʇ s ɐ d ʇ ᴉ s ᴉ ɹ o ǝ ɹ n ʇ n ɟ ʇ ᴉ s I

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

A post shared by on

My modest Record Store Day haul! Still looking for an affordable copy of the Bowie 74 Soul Tour release

I haven't been posting regularly so here are some others we've recently picked up:

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (7")
    Little Beaver - Party Down
    Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
    Prince - Purple Rain