Page 145 of 195 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 5839

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This is not a quality release. No lead-in groove, thin vinyl, then album sleeve, quiet inherent volume, no etching data, lots of wasted space (at 10" version probably would have worked better).

The YouTube videos sound better (and as such, probably the Bandcamp lossless digital would sound better as well).

But we bought it to support her, not because it was going to be a good release... it just would have been nice if it was (actually have all 10 songs that have over 1million YouTube views, transparent platinum ((or gold)) vinyl, 10", mastered for the format).
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-06-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    @MrLobster your image embeds aren't working at my end, at least from mobile. So I don't know what records you're talking about

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    You are correct. The other versions are from the composer himself, and they’re quite good. I guess if you’re a fan of the show you’ll be a fan of the soundtrack. Most of the songs are played on an old timey player piano and sound very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks yes I didn't mean to imply any kind of judgement on the quality. I was just surprised because the VSQ version has been out there a long time. I'm 2/3 through Westworld S1 and I've loved the piano renditions that are sprinkled through the show.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    your image embeds aren't working at my end, at least from mobile. So I don't know what records you're talking about
    "Platinum Collection" by Robyn Adele Anderson

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Still my favourite game to come out in years...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Embeds still not working here. What host are you using?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Embeds still not working here. What host are you using?
    Twitter. As in, using the embedded Twitter option on these forums to post directly to the post I've made.

Here's the raw link: https://twitter.com/derbybeardo/stat...00852787646464

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Ah thanks. Works in safari on ios but not Firefox. Might be because I disable cross site cookies in Firefox, not sure. Have a follow

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've noticed the embedding works on my desktop browser, but not on tapatalk on my phone.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Have a follow
    Thanks and welcome to my music babbling world (I also have "personal" and "OG" accounts but that's the one for music).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

coil • the gay man's guide to safer sex + 2
    limited edition purple vinyl

russian circles • blood year
    gold/black galaxy vinyl
    definitely their best album, can't believe i've been following this band since they only had 1 album

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Mondo with a surprise release in their Twin Peaks vinyl series of the soundtrack for The Return. https://mondotees.com/products/twin-...ed-series-2xlp

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I have one of those unadjustable weight turntables @MrLobster warned you about. Solid warning and I hope to upgrade soon. On the speaker front, I just got a pair of Edifier bookshelf speakers that are also Bluetooth and whatever else you could need. They're obviously not top of the line but, for $100, they'll probably serve you just fine.
    Popping back in to say I ended up recording a 3 minute poem thing for her, had a company put it on vinyl and pared it with the exact speakers you recommended. Holy crap these things are an immediate improvement and it’s almost like we’re listening to a lot of these records for the first time. Thank you for this recommendation!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    While scrolling through hashtag vinyl on Twitter, I saw that someone was offering to send people records at random from their collection so that they didn't have to give them to Goodwill... and today they arrived.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DO WANT

October 11

VH1 Storytellers Tracklist:
    Side 1:
    01. Life On Mars?
    02. Rebel Rebel (truncated)
    03. Thursday’s Child

Side 2:
    01. Can’t Help Thinking About Me
    02. China Girl
    03. Seven

Side 3:
    01. Drive-In Saturday
    02. Word On A Win
    03. Survive *

Side 4:
    01. I Can’t Read *
    02. Always Crashing In The Same Car *
    03. If I’m Dreaming My Life *

* = Bonus recordings not included on original CD

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    While scrolling through hashtag vinyl on Twitter, I saw that someone was offering to send people records at random from their collection so that they didn't have to give them to Goodwill... and today they arrived.

This one was broken for me even on desktop, but if I view the image source it loads. I think embedding from Twitter is just too janky to be relied on.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post

I'm such a sucker for Blade Runner stuff that I'm happy to say that the art they chose for the front cover of this issue is not for me, so I skipped it. (and I already own a standard-ish issue already). But not throwing shade; The art is fantastic I just would have gone with a different cover shot. Some of the booklet scans you've posted there are awesome. I take it the tracklisting is the same (OST, skipping the Sinatra and Elvis tracks?)

I wish they'd do some really nice issues of the movie on Blu Ray. More special features pls!

Ah yes the edition i have was described as "Limited Edition 2-Disc Vinyl Set
    Individually numbered
    Only 2,500 copies of this edition exist!
    180 Gram High Fidelity Vinyl for audiophiles
    Includes digital album download insert
    Vinyl only track list"

But it's basically marketing horse-crap, I think the cover art is the red-and-blue instead of teal-and-orange cover shot, both of which I'm "meh" on (teal and orange, I mean did michael bay direct this? sheesh). I LOL at "vinyl exclusive track listing" to describe "three tracks shorter than the digital releases". The "2,500 ltd ed" stuff was a cheap-looking embossed stamp in an odd place of the cover. I got fleeced pre-ordering this back at the time, with import and shipping it cost me about double what it would have to walk into the local record store, and the shipping was so delayed that I spent that christmas walking past the regular edition of the soundtrack that was all over the place and started getting discounted before mine even arrived.
    Last edited by jmtd; 08-23-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think embedding from Twitter is just too janky to be relied on.
    Not actually a Twitter embed this (the actual post has two images and I just wanted to link to the JPG of one of the images)...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I really want this new 'interactive' OST for Jordan Peele's Us.

The only issue I have is the interactive part is cutting the portraits with the included gold scissors to reveal the other images underneath. I just don't like damaging anything lol...I've got the Mondo Fight Club OST and it's still sealed because fuck that.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

The only issue I have is the interactive part is cutting the portraits with the included gold scissors to reveal the other images underneath. I just don't like damaging anything lol...I've got the Mondo Fight Club OST and it's still sealed because fuck that.
    I bought two copies of Kamasi Washington's Heaven and Earth because you had to cut open the center to reveal the third CD or the fifth LP. There is a corrugated seam, but it's done so poorly that you end up tearing more of the packaging if you don't use a sharp object.
    Last edited by Jon; 08-24-2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Heaven and Earth, not Heaven and Hell

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Yeah I wouldn't be able to bring myself to mutilate a record jacket like that. Even the banana peel is still firmly in place on my copy of Velvet Underground & Nico

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'd imagine most Swans fans already know, but for those that don't, Michael Gira signs everything sold through Young Gods Records webstore. Very cool of him.

Last edited by imail724; 08-26-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @hologramparade i finally watched Blade Runner 2049 yesterday and not only did i then immediately buy it on blu-ray, but i am finding that i have a mighty need for the score. holy shit.

uniform • the long walk

bereft • lost ages

surachai • to no avail
    12" 45rpm

surachai • embraced
    180g black limited to 500 copies

coil / zos kia / marc almond • how to destroy angels

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    surachai • embraced
    180g black limited to 500 copies
    Nice tip re Surachai - very nice stuff. You might light Emptyset, if you're not already familiar.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

uniform & the body • everything that dies someday comes back
    limited edition purple vinyl in wax-sealed, screen-printed, wrap-around sleeve w/newsprint insert, number 233/250
    i liked their previous collaboration but i fucking love this one. it is amazing.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been eyeing this at my local shop for a while now. Today they sent out a 30% off coupon so I finally pulled the trigger.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Been eyeing this at my local shop for a while now. Today they sent out a 30% off coupon so I finally pulled the trigger.

It's nice the CD included also has the vinyl bonus tracks.