Page 144 of 195 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 5839

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Just refreshed my small display shelf - seemed appropriate to post here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evic7hlgkg...81%29.JPG?dl=0

Not actually the most visually pleasing set of covers, but still I like it.
    oh i love the way that looks! such a perfect little nook. and kirby!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just refreshed my small display shelf - seemed appropriate to post here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evic7hlgkg...81%29.JPG?dl=0

Not actually the most visually pleasing set of covers, but still I like it.
    What turntable is that?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's a bit of a hodgepodge - at its core it's a Technics 1210MK5 (I have a few 1210s as I used to mix). But I've replaced various parts - different arm, for example.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's a bit of a hodgepodge - at its core it's a Technics 1210MK5 (I have a few 1210s as I used to mix). But I've replaced various parts - different arm, for example.
    Right on. Can you please tell me a little more about the part in the center?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Right on. Can you please tell me a little more about the part in the center?
    You mean the thing on top of the record label? That's a weight. I use a platter mat that's slightly concave, and so when used in conjunction with a weight to push the record down against the mat it helps to even out the small amount of warpage that's common to a lot of records. The weight also keeps the record firmly pressed against the mat and platter, which supposedly renders the interface between the stylus and the groove less susceptible to certain kinds of vibrational interference (clamps achieve the same thing, but without adding to the load on the spindle bearing, which may be desirable for some turntables). Depending on the kind of turntable and mat you're using, a weight or clamp might improve its performance a little, but as with all things in this area YMMV.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That's a weight
    I know I like having my weight. I've had more than a few older 45s where the force of the stylus on the platter is "too heavy" and didn't spin (but the mat underneath did) but using the center weight solved that problem.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I know I like having my weight. I've had more than a few older 45s where the force of the stylus on the platter is "too heavy" and didn't spin (but the mat underneath did) but using the center weight solved that problem.
    What's your tracking force at?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    What's your tracking force at?
    Max of heavy side of the rating for the cartridge. But I like it way. Annnnd... more importantly, I basically play my records just once, while I encode them as AIFF lossless (24-bit, 192000 Hz) so I'm not worried about my records wearing out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This week's acquisitions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Max of heavy side of the rating for the cartridge. But I like it way. Annnnd... more importantly, I basically play my records just once, while I encode them as AIFF lossless (24-bit, 192000 Hz) so I'm not worried about my records wearing out.
    Interesting! Is this because you want to preserve the vinyl, or because you prefer the convenience of files? Do you still rip the vinyl if it comes with a download?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Interesting! Is this because you want to preserve the vinyl, or because you prefer the convenience of files? Do you still rip the vinyl if it comes with a download?
    It's a matter of both, but more for the convenience of files (portability). And yeah, I do still rip if it comes with a download (but I have discovered if I grab WAV downloads, those sound pretty much the same as my vinyl rips... but so few releases offer that option).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

wear your wounds • rust on the gates of heaven
    2x12" 45rpm LP on white inside transparent green, limited to 1000 copies
    love this even more than their first album

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Glowing goodness.

@bobbie solo @Conan The Barbarian @Prettybrokenspiral

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am looking to sell my collection off. Planning to travel. and i don't want to store anything.

Here is link to my discogs page. just about everything is in fantastic condition.

https://www.discogs.com/user/dvydrns/collection

Collection Value:* Min: $5,613.49 Med: $9,504.12 Max: $16,462.15

If anyone wants to make an offer. ideally i'd like to have one offer made. but will let the higher priced items go on their own.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If anyone's interested Fangamer has preorders up for exclusive variants of the Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 soundtracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been waiting on this for far too long.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    how does it sound? i've been considering dropping the $40ish bucks it seems to go for on discogs but i've read mixed reviews about quality.

also:

phil collins • no jacket required

picked this up for $10 at a (relatively) new local record store the other night, such a classic album
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 07-27-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    how does it sound? i've been considering dropping the $40ish bucks it seems to go for on discogs but i've read mixed reviews
    It's the best sounding vinyl I own. I don't have a lot of experience with 45 rpm but I think it helps contribute.
    The mix sounds new and the moment you can actually hear her lips part on Slow Like Honey is epic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Nice! I just ordered this from discogs the other day. Should be coming on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The movie wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't anything magical. The soundtrack however is AMAZING....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It's the best sounding vinyl I own. I don't have a lot of experience with 45 rpm but I think it helps contribute.
    The mix sounds new and the moment you can actually hear her lips part on Slow Like Honey is epic.
    just reading that gave me goosebumps...

yeah, some of the best sounding records i have are 2x12" 45rpm (converge did this with several of their albums, among others). i wish more bands would do that instead of jamming too many songs onto a single 33rpm. i'll gladly pay a few more bucks for it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Got this beauty in the mail today. Versions of songs by Soundgarden, NIN, The Cure, Radiohead, Rolling Stones, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Discovered both of these artists this year and they've both quickly become all time favorites. Collected all of these records within the last 2 weeks or so. Really wish Fiona's records were easier to come by (or available at all, in the case of her second album). But I'm still on the hunt for more Nilsson.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is very cheap on Discogs

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Discovered both of these artists this year and they've both quickly become all time favorites. Collected all of these records within the last 2 weeks or so. Really wish Fiona's records were easier to come by (or available at all, in the case of her second album). But I'm still on the hunt for more Nilsson.

Forgot this was coming today or I would've waited to post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Got this beauty in the mail today. Versions of songs by Soundgarden, NIN, The Cure, Radiohead, Rolling Stones, etc.

I just looked this up and it's the vitamin string quartet cover of "something I can never have"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I just looked this up and it's the vitamin string quartet cover of "something I can never have"
    You are correct. The other versions are from the composer himself, and they’re quite good. I guess if you’re a fan of the show you’ll be a fan of the soundtrack. Most of the songs are played on an old timey player piano and sound very good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)