Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4110

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was planning to swing by B&N on my way home to pick out a new LP today, but I had to work late and ran out of time before a shindig tonight. Thankfully, something cool had arrived in the mail.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Another year, another Grateful Dead 7" Singles Collection subscription.

I've really enjoyed the releases thus far, but at four a year, this won't be wrapping up until 2023.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ It would be cool if they reissued "China Cat Sunflower"/"St Stephen". Do they plan to eventually reissue everything that was released as a single, or just start with stuff they know will sell and go from there?

As much as I love singles, though, I gotta hear Help->Slip->Frank in one continuous flow.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    ^ It would be cool if they reissued "China Cat Sunflower"/"St Stephen". Do they plan to eventually reissue everything that was released as a single, or just start with stuff they know will sell and go from there?
    Not sure on the future, but the China Cat Sunflower 7" was a Japan-only release, so was the Viola Lee Blues Pt.1 & 2 single they skipped. They also skipped the re-release of Truckin' with Johnny B. Goode.

The plan is to release 27 singles. There are 30 listed on the wiki, so the rest of the listed singles should be forthcoming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, bummer. It does appear that they are proceeding in chronological order once you take those ones out.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 02-11-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Time to buy new crates... two should do for the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd been on the fence about this one after listening to it on YouTube once or twice, but decided to pull the trigger:

I showed it to my wife when it arrived, and she said "Oh, perfect. It's almost Valentine's Day!" And my brain exploded because that connection had not even occurred to me.

Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

mono • nowhere now here
    2xLP on opaque purple / super blood moon vinyl, limited to 1000 copies

surachai • come, deathless
    2xLP on black & natural white vinyl
    thanks to @otnavuskire for sending me this!!!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Anyone else see the tease for Mondo's special 'Blade Runner 2049' release? Oh lawd take mah moneyyyy

Last edited by october_midnight; 02-14-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Anyone else see the tease for Mondo's special 'Blade Runner 2049' release? Oh lawd take mah moneyyyy

I have not and would love to see it....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Looks like someone took a bite out of that before shipping it @MrLobster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Yup... and that lowered the price.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    So I'm pissed. I had my spin cleaner all packaged up and ready to be shipped to but some asshole douchebag broke into my car and took the box out of my trunk along with the change I had in my center console. So now I have to buy the damn thing again and it just pisses me off to think that when this asshole opened the box he took out the cleaner and most likely said "what the fuck is this?" while proceeding to throw it in the trash. *sigh*

It just another way to indicate overstock/promo copies of a record.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So I'm pissed. I had my spin cleaner all packaged up and ready to be shipped to but some asshole douchebag broke into my car and took the box out of my trunk along with the change I had in my center console. So now I have to buy the damn thing again and it just pisses me off to think that when this asshole opened the box he took out the cleaner and most likely said "what the fuck is this?" while proceeding to throw it in the trash. *sigh*
    Oh shitty!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Hmm! I don't imagine the pressing will differ from the normal one so I'll likely pass but we'll see. Im looking forward to a future blu ray release with more extras

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Today's mini haul from two shops

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It was bound to happen eventually, but my cat finally discovered how chewable my records are. Fortunately, out of my ~300 records, he couldn't have picked a better one to destroy, since the Halloween single is supposed to be getting replaced soon due to a pressing error. My shelving unit now has a plexiglass screen on it and I actually think it looks pretty nice with it.
    Last edited by imail724; 02-19-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was bound to happen eventually, but my cat finally discovered how chewable my records are. Fortunately, out of my ~300 records, he couldn't have picked a better one to destroy, since the Halloween single is supposed to be getting replaced soon due to a pressing error. My shelving unit now has a plexiglass screen on it and I actually think it looks pretty nice with it.
    Yikes! After spending a not-insignificant amount building up my collection, that's the kind of thing that worries me about the cats... and someday, kids.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is not only vinyl on these images. Next time I make vinyl-only pictures ;-)

Last edited by laur.a; 02-19-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Realized I haven't talked new vinyl in a while! I went on a splurge to celebrate getting a much higher paying job. Tho most of these were got for sale/reduced prices thanks to a heads up from r/vinyldeals:

Solange - Seat at the Table
    Josh Homme/Stoneking - Silent Night red 7"
    Ghost - Meliora (deluxe edition with Popestar EP, had to do a return to Amazon for an off-center hole, kept the Popestar from first delivery and kept the Meloria from the 2nd since each had a different disc with problems, lol)
    Batman Forever OST - Purple/Green Urban Outfitters pressing
    Korn - Follow the Leader - Gold Urban Outfitters pressing
    Mastodon - Crack the Skye - decided I love this album too much but will never afford the 2LP so caved
    Beirut - Gallipoli (clear vinyl edition from artist store)
    Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie (this was a gift from my wife to say congrats on the new job!)
    Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth (I forgot how much I love the weirdness of this album)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Turbo A.C's - Radiation

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    When my dog Panda was a pupper, he used to do the same thing... something about those plastic sleeves that's irresistible to tiny teef. Thankfully nothing serious was harmed, and since he grew up he doesn't chew things willy-nilly anymore.

"Wut, me?"

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    More pics of pets eating records please thank you

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    "Those are canine marks, asshole, don't try and pin those on me."

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Clear Heavyweight Double LP
    https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/pr...=42093&cur=USD
    Last edited by neorev; Today at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

oh... wow.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Some solid pickups the past few weeks. I'm especially excited about finally having that Viktor Vaughn record. Its my favorite hip hop album of all time and has been OOP for longer than I've been collecting vinyl. Nearly lost my shit when I saw fatbeats taking pre-ordered for a new 15th anniversary edition.