Page 133 of 195 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 5841

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    No Line On The Horizon pre-orders are live! Snag the clear version while you can...

https://www.u2.com/news/title/the-fu...ds-a-big-kiss-
    I bought a copy during the original run (black vinyl), but never really connected with it. I should give it another spin.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Added this from Amoeba in Berkley, CA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got these similarly-hued albums in the mail today:

A buddy of mine put me onto this album in high school (when it came out. ) Man, the concept was out there, but you have to hand it to Bowie for continually risking his career to follow his muse. And I'm grateful to this thread for letting me know that the full album on vinyl was not just a hopeless wish!

Been hearing a lot of good things about this record, so I started listening to it on Spotify at work. Two songs in, I stopped so that I could experience the rest properly when I received a physical copy. Holy crap...
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

sneaker pimps • becoming X
    2x12” 45rpm 180g vinyl
    b-day gift from my parents

gary numan • savage
    x-mas gift from my parents

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I'm jealous about that sneaker pimps LP

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'm jealous about that sneaker pimps LP
    don't be

i don't remember where i snagged a link for my x-mas/b-day list but i don't think my mom paid more than $30 for it. and it sounds great.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

ten years of loving, and listening to these incredible albums.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't be

i don't remember where i snagged a link for my x-mas/b-day list but i don't think my mom paid more than $30 for it. and it sounds great.
    OMG, ordered! Thanks so much!

Would any of you awesome people happen to have an extra copy of Anti-Christ Superstar that you would be willing to let go for a reasonable price? I regret letting my copy go years ago and I would love to listen to that album again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Would any of you awesome people happen to have an extra copy of Anti-Christ Superstar that you would be willing to let go for a reasonable price? I regret letting my copy go years ago and I would love to listen to that album again.
    I have ACSS and MA that I bought off of someone here like 12 years ago...can't remember who, but looking at Discogs now, ain't no way I'm parting with them lol.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I have ACSS and MA that I bought off of someone here like 12 years ago...can't remember who, but looking at Discogs now, ain't no way I'm parting with them lol.
    yeah, I'm kicking myself for letting my copies go. Apparently there was a 2018 repress of Mechanical Animals that I might pick up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    yeah, I'm kicking myself for letting my copies go. Apparently there was a 2018 repress of Mechanical Animals that I might pick up
    I would save your money and just watch discogs for an original pressing instead. I had the repress, and while its a cool gatefold, the whole thing felt pretty cheap to me. The vinyl was def sourced from CD from what I can tell and it is nowhere near an official release, track order was exactly like the CD. I sold my copy on ebay for like 80 bucks and found someone having a 'moment of weakness' on discogs and got an original MA for 112. Patience sometimes is key and it sucks having none, like me.. haha. Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    90's nostalgia trip continues, haha:

(Better pictures on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Garbage-Vers...lease/12156178 )

Just the regular 2xLP reissue on orange vinyl. The 3xLP edition with B-sides, poster, fancy box, and other goodies sounds neat, but I don't know if I love the album $95 worth.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-16-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

wolves in the throne room • black cascade
    b-day gift from my friend april
    2018 repress, 2x12" 45rpm

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    90's nostalgia trip continues, haha:
    Just the regular 2xLP reissue on orange vinyl. The 3xLP edition with B-sides, poster, fancy box, and other goodies sounds neat, but I don't know if I love the album $95 worth.
    I have one of those on order... hopefully by the end of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I have one of those on order... hopefully by the end of the month.
    Vinyl has gotten really unpredictable in the last few years, it seems! When I started collecting, it was rare for much to be in print, so I mostly bought used. In the early 2000s, vinyl started to come back, and it was fun to see more new releases on vinyl as an option. Now, it's so popular and the existing pressing plants are so overloaded, you don't know whether you'll get that new record next month, this Friday, or never! (I'm looking at you, "1. Outside", "With Teeth DE", and "In The Future, Your Body Will Be the Furthest Thing From Your Mind"!)

I suppose it adds to the thrill, since I feel a part of the "hunt" is lost with being able to just go to Amazon, type a few words, buy it with 1 click of the mouse, and then have it on your doorstep in two days.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-16-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    I feel a part of the "hunt" is lost with being able to just go to Amazon, type a few words, buy it with 1 click of the mouse, and then have it on your doorstep in two days.
    While I get the point of your reply, it wasn't all that relevant to my situation. I had ordered it through a store and they said it would be a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks ago, and today I get a call saying its arrived (haven't picked it up yet). But I get what you're saying... I don't like using Amazon personally, mainly because I'm not usually interested in the newest releases (and having three record stores within walking distance that stock new stuff... I'm good) but Discogs has made my hunt all but disappear. The only thing holding me back is a lack of funds. And soon, physical space to put them in. Need more crates. Then I need a place to put the crates.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

jaye jayle • no trail and other unholy paths
    aquamarine/black limited to 300 copies
    this album is so, so good

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    aquamarine/black limited to 300 copies
    Looks great!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yup, I tend to agree.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

windhand • eternal return
    b-day gift from my wife

lena raine • celeste soundtrack
    b-day gift from my friend alex
    2xLP on "crystal clear" vinyl

kuraine (lena raine) • singularity
    b-day gift from my friend alex
    10" EP on blue translucent & black marble w/white splatter vinyl

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Cleaned about 50 of my records the other night! Such a satisfying experience to see all that nasty dirty water get flushed out once you're done. I was also upgrading the inner dust sleeves with Original Master Sleeves as well as new poly bags!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    <3 Kallax. So that washer is worth it? I've been eyeing that one or one just like on Amazon for over a year now but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger for $70 because that's $70 of records I'm not buying...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Cleaned about 50 of my records the other night! Such a satisfying experience to see all that nasty dirty water get flushed out once you're done. I was also upgrading the inner dust sleeves with Original Master Sleeves as well as new poly bags!

I love demonstrating to people how well a cleaned record can sound.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    <3 Kallax. So that washer is worth it? I've been eyeing that one or one just like on Amazon for over a year now but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger for $70 because that's $70 of records I'm not buying...
    I had this whole write up about how you should get the Spin-Clean (the one I have pictured) but honestly you won't know the difference until you clean a record. How about I just mail you my cleaner so you can try it out and then decide if you want to get one or not (you most likely will after you hear the difference)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I had this whole write up about how you should get the Spin-Clean (the one I have pictured) but honestly you won't know the difference until you clean a record. How about I just mail you my cleaner so you can try it out and then decide if you want to get one or not (you most likely will after you hear the difference)
    For real? That's awesome. You're willing to do that?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I got one for christmas and I've still yet to use it. Question: what do you do with the records immediately after cleaning them? I bought a cheap dish rack-type thing to let them dry in, but that only holds about 6 or so records, and the instructions say you can clean up to 50ish records in a single session. I would definitely like to read your write up before cracking open mine!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    For real? That's awesome. You're willing to do that?
    Yes, I am that much of a believer in this thing that I would be willing to let you try it out before you buy it. For me, I had a friend who had one already and it took him showing me the dirty water after a cleaning session to get me interested. Once I heard the different I was sold. PM me your address and I will ship it to you. I only ask you cover the cost to ship it back.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I got one for christmas and I've still yet to use it. Question: what do you do with the records immediately after cleaning them? I bought a cheap dish rack-type thing to let them dry in, but that only holds about 6 or so records, and the instructions say you can clean up to 50ish records in a single session. I would definitely like to read your write up before cracking open mine!
    It's pretty simple; Get a microfiber cloth and a towel. Lay the towel down flat and once you have spun the record 4-5 times each way, take it out and place it on said towel. Use your microfiber cloth and wipe the record down, then place them in a rack of some sort to let they dry. Drying time should only be 5 minutes or so. After that, you're clear to slide them into a inner sleeve and then into the jacket.

*EDIT* Make sure you fill the container up enough to where the black spindles are under water. This makes it easier to spin the record without having a spindle fly out. You also only need a cap full of cleaner per wash and it will clean about 40-50 records.