Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4110

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

  1. #4021
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell yeah @NotoriousTIMP! Amazon told me my copy won't get here until Friday.

    Meanwhile, another part of my 90's nostalgia collection arrived today (quick shot since I'm heading back out the door)...
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-09-2019 at 07:18 PM.

  2. #4022
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Something new arrived today... but NSFW image so instead of a Twitter embedded post, let's just link instead...

  3. #4023
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    No Line On The Horizon pre-orders are live! Snag the clear version while you can...

    https://www.u2.com/news/title/the-fu...ds-a-big-kiss-
    I bought a copy during the original run (black vinyl), but never really connected with it. I should give it another spin.

  4. #4024
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Added this from Amoeba in Berkley, CA


  5. #4025
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got these similarly-hued albums in the mail today:


    A buddy of mine put me onto this album in high school (when it came out. ) Man, the concept was out there, but you have to hand it to Bowie for continually risking his career to follow his muse. And I'm grateful to this thread for letting me know that the full album on vinyl was not just a hopeless wish!


    Been hearing a lot of good things about this record, so I started listening to it on Spotify at work. Two songs in, I stopped so that I could experience the rest properly when I received a physical copy. Holy crap...
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-11-2019 at 06:19 PM.

  6. #4026
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,794
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)


    sneaker pimps • becoming X
    2x12” 45rpm 180g vinyl
    b-day gift from my parents



    gary numan • savage
    x-mas gift from my parents

  7. #4027
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I'm jealous about that sneaker pimps LP

  8. #4028
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,794
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I'm jealous about that sneaker pimps LP
    don't be

    i don't remember where i snagged a link for my x-mas/b-day list but i don't think my mom paid more than $30 for it. and it sounds great.

  9. #4029
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    561
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)








    ten years of loving, and listening to these incredible albums.

  10. #4030
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't be

    i don't remember where i snagged a link for my x-mas/b-day list but i don't think my mom paid more than $30 for it. and it sounds great.
    OMG, ordered! Thanks so much!

    Would any of you awesome people happen to have an extra copy of Anti-Christ Superstar that you would be willing to let go for a reasonable price? I regret letting my copy go years ago and I would love to listen to that album again.

  11. #4031
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,503
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Would any of you awesome people happen to have an extra copy of Anti-Christ Superstar that you would be willing to let go for a reasonable price? I regret letting my copy go years ago and I would love to listen to that album again.
    I have ACSS and MA that I bought off of someone here like 12 years ago...can't remember who, but looking at Discogs now, ain't no way I'm parting with them lol.

  12. #4032
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I have ACSS and MA that I bought off of someone here like 12 years ago...can't remember who, but looking at Discogs now, ain't no way I'm parting with them lol.
    yeah, I'm kicking myself for letting my copies go. Apparently there was a 2018 repress of Mechanical Animals that I might pick up

  13. #4033
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    yeah, I'm kicking myself for letting my copies go. Apparently there was a 2018 repress of Mechanical Animals that I might pick up
    I would save your money and just watch discogs for an original pressing instead. I had the repress, and while its a cool gatefold, the whole thing felt pretty cheap to me. The vinyl was def sourced from CD from what I can tell and it is nowhere near an official release, track order was exactly like the CD. I sold my copy on ebay for like 80 bucks and found someone having a 'moment of weakness' on discogs and got an original MA for 112. Patience sometimes is key and it sucks having none, like me.. haha. Best of luck!

  14. #4034
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    90's nostalgia trip continues, haha:

    (Better pictures on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Garbage-Vers...lease/12156178 )

    Just the regular 2xLP reissue on orange vinyl. The 3xLP edition with B-sides, poster, fancy box, and other goodies sounds neat, but I don't know if I love the album $95 worth.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.

  15. #4035
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,794
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)


    wolves in the throne room • black cascade
    b-day gift from my friend april
    2018 repress, 2x12" 45rpm

  16. #4036
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    90's nostalgia trip continues, haha:
    Just the regular 2xLP reissue on orange vinyl. The 3xLP edition with B-sides, poster, fancy box, and other goodies sounds neat, but I don't know if I love the album $95 worth.
    I have one of those on order... hopefully by the end of the month.

  17. #4037
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I have one of those on order... hopefully by the end of the month.
    Vinyl has gotten really unpredictable in the last few years, it seems! When I started collecting, it was rare for much to be in print, so I mostly bought used. In the early 2000s, vinyl started to come back, and it was fun to see more new releases on vinyl as an option. Now, it's so popular and the existing pressing plants are so overloaded, you don't know whether you'll get that new record next month, this Friday, or never! (I'm looking at you, "1. Outside", "With Teeth DE", and "In The Future, Your Body Will Be the Furthest Thing From Your Mind"!)

    I suppose it adds to the thrill, since I feel a part of the "hunt" is lost with being able to just go to Amazon, type a few words, buy it with 1 click of the mouse, and then have it on your doorstep in two days.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-16-2019 at 12:12 PM.

  18. #4038
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    I feel a part of the "hunt" is lost with being able to just go to Amazon, type a few words, buy it with 1 click of the mouse, and then have it on your doorstep in two days.
    While I get the point of your reply, it wasn't all that relevant to my situation. I had ordered it through a store and they said it would be a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks ago, and today I get a call saying its arrived (haven't picked it up yet). But I get what you're saying... I don't like using Amazon personally, mainly because I'm not usually interested in the newest releases (and having three record stores within walking distance that stock new stuff... I'm good) but Discogs has made my hunt all but disappear. The only thing holding me back is a lack of funds. And soon, physical space to put them in. Need more crates. Then I need a place to put the crates.

  19. #4039
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,794
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)


    jaye jayle • no trail and other unholy paths
    aquamarine/black limited to 300 copies
    this album is so, so good

  20. #4040
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    aquamarine/black limited to 300 copies
    Looks great!

  21. #4041
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)


    Yup, I tend to agree.

  22. #4042
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    561
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

  23. #4043
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    561
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)



  24. #4044
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,794
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)


    windhand • eternal return
    b-day gift from my wife



    lena raine • celeste soundtrack
    b-day gift from my friend alex
    2xLP on "crystal clear" vinyl



    kuraine (lena raine) • singularity
    b-day gift from my friend alex
    10" EP on blue translucent & black marble w/white splatter vinyl

  25. #4045
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Cleaned about 50 of my records the other night! Such a satisfying experience to see all that nasty dirty water get flushed out once you're done. I was also upgrading the inner dust sleeves with Original Master Sleeves as well as new poly bags!


  26. #4046
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    <3 Kallax. So that washer is worth it? I've been eyeing that one or one just like on Amazon for over a year now but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger for $70 because that's $70 of records I'm not buying...

  27. #4047
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Cleaned about 50 of my records the other night! Such a satisfying experience to see all that nasty dirty water get flushed out once you're done. I was also upgrading the inner dust sleeves with Original Master Sleeves as well as new poly bags!

    I love demonstrating to people how well a cleaned record can sound.

  28. #4048
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    <3 Kallax. So that washer is worth it? I've been eyeing that one or one just like on Amazon for over a year now but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger for $70 because that's $70 of records I'm not buying...
    I had this whole write up about how you should get the Spin-Clean (the one I have pictured) but honestly you won't know the difference until you clean a record. How about I just mail you my cleaner so you can try it out and then decide if you want to get one or not (you most likely will after you hear the difference)

  29. #4049
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I had this whole write up about how you should get the Spin-Clean (the one I have pictured) but honestly you won't know the difference until you clean a record. How about I just mail you my cleaner so you can try it out and then decide if you want to get one or not (you most likely will after you hear the difference)
    For real? That's awesome. You're willing to do that?

  30. #4050
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,970
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I had this whole write up about how you should get the Spin-Clean (the one I have pictured) but honestly you won't know the difference until you clean a record. How about I just mail you my cleaner so you can try it out and then decide if you want to get one or not (you most likely will after you hear the difference)
    I got one for christmas and I've still yet to use it. Question: what do you do with the records immediately after cleaning them? I bought a cheap dish rack-type thing to let them dry in, but that only holds about 6 or so records, and the instructions say you can clean up to 50ish records in a single session. I would definitely like to read your write up before cracking open mine!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions