Page 166 of 195 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,980 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    My cat does the same thing and it makes me crazy. I gotta stay super aware when records are playing to make sure gordon doesn't hop on top. He loves laying there when I'm not playing records and I'm afraid his fat ass is gonna bust the dust cover and fuck up my tone arm.
    why do you have an IG for your cat and not your dog? i don't think i even realized you had a dog until just now. THEY'RE BOTH TOO FUCKIN' CUTE.

also, gordon's face in this is just...hilarious.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why do you have an IG for your cat and not your dog? i don't think i even realized you had a dog until just now. THEY'RE BOTH TOO FUCKIN' CUTE.

also, gordon's face in this is just...hilarious.
    Ha. We started gordon's ig before we got Kermit and haven't really thought about it in a while. Might be time for a reboot with them both.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    New indie release of Nirvana’s Bleach comes in Red & Black or Blue & Black swirl for $20

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    And then add in particleboard crates... (I still need like, 4 more... but the guy I was getting them from hasn't really had the time/extra labour since COVID time hit to make more)

I'm not looking forward to moving again (eventually).

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got a little carried away with my purchases and landed the following:

(damn you Ryan for turning me on to these DM boxsets! I only need “Some Great Reward” get caught up!

And I FINALLY got my hands on the last gold promo stamped 12” for my Depeche Mode collection! Been looking for this for ages and finally found one for a decent price!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I realized that I have already spent more cash on vinyl this year than in any previous year, and it's still only August.

Adding to the pile: Bowie's I'm Only Dancing (Soul Tour '74) and Ouvrez Le Chien (Dallas '95) live albums, Quake and The Social Network soundtrack reissues, Peter Gabriel's Rated PG (standard black vinyl edition), The Band's self-titled album (50th anniversary edition on 45 RPM double marbled brown wax), also put an order in for the new McCartney III and the EOB Earth record (both on red-coloured vinyl, because why the fuck not).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Super impressed with Gorillaz getting this to me on the day of release, my shipping notification was saying Monday (which was reasonable). Excited to dive into this when I have some oomph.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

may as well share the music box part....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Hate to say it, but if you haven’t ordered The Crow 2020 pressing yet, it seems it has sold out everywhere.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Picked up two soundtracks today at RSD Drop #3, Virgin Suicides on pink splatter vinyl and The Turning — Kate's Diary EP plus the black vinyl version of Kiasmos' self-titled. Been meaning to grab that one for a long time! Anybody else have good luck today?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Picked up two soundtracks today at RSD Drop #3, Virgin Suicides on pink splatter vinyl and The Turning — Kate's Diary EP plus the black vinyl version of Kiasmos' self-titled. Been meaning to grab that one for a long time! Anybody else have good luck today?
    Miles Davis // Double Image
    Freddie Gibbs & Madlib // Pińata
    Charles Mingus // Mingus Ah Um Redux

Would really love to get Grateful Dead // Buffalo 5/9/77 without spending $200. Unfortunately, the price is only going to go up.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Good stuff, @Jon — I looked at getting the Miles one, and they did have a copy at my closest participating record store (a few copies, in fact)... but I decided it was probably better to just dip into the big Complete Bitches Brew Sessions box when I'm in the mood for that material, rather than listen to only the previously-unreleased tracks on a vinyl compilation. I feel the same way about my King Crimson comprehensive box sets — when I want to hear EVERYTHING, it's best to just feed the beast all at once! Was also on the fence about Mingus Ah Um Redux — what's on the second disc, anything good? Glad you snagged copies!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Was also on the fence about Mingus Ah Um Redux — what's on the second disc, anything good? Glad you snagged copies!
    This version has all 9 original tracks in their unedited forms, the 3 bonus tracks "discovered" in 1979, and the 3 alternate takes from the 2009 50th edition. It's all previously released in some form, but this is the first "all-in-one" edition on vinyl.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This version has all 9 original tracks in their unedited forms, the 3 bonus tracks "discovered" in 1979, and the 3 alternate takes from the 2009 50th edition. It's all previously released in some form, but this is the first "all-in-one" edition on vinyl.
    Nice, that actually sounds like a great package. Maybe I'll circle back... one of the other shops near me was also offering sealed copies of Year Zero & The Slip (not sure for how much, but likely not cheap!) to get people in the store, among other goodies. Pretty sure they're gone now, though, as the lineup was still outside the shop as I was heading home. Yikes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The surprising favorite of the lot was the Hugo. I'm not the biggest Stevie fan but this is great.

A post shared by on

Last edited by brotha52; 10-25-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

may as well share the music box part....
    Looks like twitter embeds are broken again in Firefox/iOS. Just blank posts from you for me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Looks like twitter embeds are broken again in Firefox/iOS. Just blank posts from you for me.
    Want me also post raw Twitter links?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Recent haul.
    Missio: Can You Feel the Sun
    Dool: Here Now There Then
    Nothing: The Great Dismal
    Losers: How to Ruin Other People's Futures

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Nice, the new Nothing totally went under my radar despite "Berndie Sanders", looking forward to give it a proper spin!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Anyone out here get those "new" Kraftwerk translucent records? I know they are just the 2009 remaster records. But just wondering what people's opinions are on them. Kraftwerk's redundancy with releases (like Depeche) doesn't really do anything for me. I just want a new album tbh.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    It's finally here and its HUGE!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I made a roll cart for my box sets because the Ikea shelves wouldn't hold some of them. Lined the inside with felt so it wouldn't scratch the boxes. Pretty happy with it.

IMG_3135.png

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I quite like the album art for Ram Jam. Cute little isolation suit explorers, finding what appears to be a Ram-centric temple...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I made a roll cart for my box sets because the Ikea shelves wouldn't hold some of them. Lined the inside with felt so it wouldn't scratch the boxes. Pretty happy with it.

IMG_3135.png
    LOVE that idea! i have my box sets in a different ikea cabinet that's in the living room (all the expedits/kallaxes are in the dining room) that fits them better.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    LOVE that idea! i have my box sets in a different ikea cabinet that's in the living room (all the expedits/kallaxes are in the dining room) that fits them better.
    My kallax is starting to buckle in the middle. I hope to one day make my own shelving unit out of just 7 plywood. Only thing that is limiting is being in an apartment. My neighbors must love hearing the circular saw on the balcony lol. Some boxsets I have are a bit taller than what the Ikea shelves can hold and it annoyed me that they had to sit on the ground.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    My kallax is starting to buckle in the middle. I hope to one day make my own shelving unit out of just 7 plywood. Only thing that is limiting is being in an apartment.
    I had used Billy bookshelves for my vinyl until they started to bow in the middle... and then decided to go retro-poor with a cinder blocks+brick and 2x12 planks cut the lengths I wanted to fit our apartment... so... basically 5 "Billy's" (decided to replace our book-shelving as well to unify the look and, you know, sturdiness... those billy's had moved twice and they don't travel all that well...) and a few shorter shelves to make up for the room lost due to cinder blocks... and now I have a bunch of niches to use now. The next part is the felting of the inside of the blocks to prevent scratching, right now I'm using a lot of spare plastic sleeves (unless the album is special/delicate, I don't really care about having it in plastic).

The brick supported shelf I designed to hold 7"'s and that's not full yet... which is why I have other stuff on that one.

And sure, it's all heavy now... at least it can be easily moved (or deconstructed to use a barrier materials for the zombie hordes... )
    Last edited by MrLobster; 11-09-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Despite not being officially released until the 26th, Palm Reader's new album "Sleepless" showed up on my doorstep today.