Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 5845

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Did Part II get delayed?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I just picked an OP of Autolux-future perfect unopened lp for 40 bucks . Steal

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    two more new nick cave reissues just arrived:

murder ballads 2xLP

henry's dream

quite excited to listen to these.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Sometimes you have to pick up a record because the cast is so fucking stellar
    http://www.discogs.com/release/7030575

(typed that whole listing by myself, I hate being the first lister sometimes)

Also as it appears to only be in the UK, heads up that Ministry's Dark Side of the Spoon is coming to vinyl after 2 decades, finally http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...7HMYVKCZWKFCQQ

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    yesterday i pre-ordered the new pressing of the first United Nations album. very excited about this one.

kind of wishing i had hung on to "The Next Four Years" box set i had gotten a while back and actually listened to it instead of deciding i didn't care about owning it and selling it to someone else for the same price. :|

also, this showed up yesterday:

Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-20-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Should I be excited for Monster Rally's-crystal ball release?????????
    Last edited by Rdm; 05-20-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah I didn't know they were reissuing the first UN album. Thanks for posting that! Looks like I'll be buying my first ever tote bag, as well, as that thing is solid gold.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ordered

Ryan adams-heartbreaker
    Monster rally -crystal ball
    J dilla - donuts-clear vinyl
    Elliot smith- division day 7 inch
    Last edited by Rdm; 05-21-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just picked up Elliot Smith's self titled Kill Rock Stars repress and The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
    @Rdm where did you get Dilla's Donuts? Is it a repress from Stone's Throw?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yesterday i pre-ordered the new pressing of the first United Nations album. very excited about this one.
    Well, shit in my hat! That's amazing -- a few things though:

1). The vinyl was never released for public consumption with the Flaming Abbey Road cover. Instead, it was an insert, with the reverse side being the tracklisting. I posted the vinyl a few pages back but I'll be happy to take a picture of the insert when I am able to. Whether or not certain companies received the Abbey Road covers initially I have no clue. However, at the time, the release did get delayed 3 or 4 times due to the manufacturing plant having "issues" with the artwork. This isn't, however, like the Disney release of ICP's The Great Milenko (sorry) that actually had shelf-time.

2). The original CD artwork was an entire booklet of stolen graphics complete with lyrics. I'm guessing the "original 3-panel" vinyl has something to do with the labels? (Bugs Bunny, etc.?)

3). I really hope they keep this lo-fi. Geoff Rickly was a beast on this release.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I remember when Disney released that ICP album.....ROFL

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    For my birthday, my friend got me the soundtrack for This Is Spinal Tap, which is now available on vinyl for the first time since 1984. I flipped my shit when I opened it. And naturally, the only decoration is the sticker on the wrapper; the cover itself is just plain black.

How much more black could it be, you may ask yourself... well, the answer is none more black.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Additions:

Nicolas Jaar - Nymphs II
    Moggi - Tra Scienza E Fantascienza (Ltd to 500)
    V/A - We Are The Works In Progress
    King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Diamond Mine
    Slow Walkers - S/T (Ltd to 400)
    V/A - Dark Was The Night
    Shlohmo - Dark Red
    HEALTH - Triceratops/Lost Time
    Rudiger Lorenz ‎– Invisible Voices (Hand Numbered #4/1000)
    Crystal Castles & HEALTH - Mother Knows Best/Crimewave 7"
    Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe & Ariel Kalma - We Know Each Other Somehow
    Ariel Kalma - An Evolutionary Music 1972-1979
    Last edited by hologram parade; 05-26-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    It's also becoming very obvious with a lot of the represses out there today that the record company pigs have their greedy little hands firmly in the vinyl LP resurgence. Seriously, if you're going to capitalize on this, at least spare some expense on the fucking artwork for the format. I know Sigur Ros are mysterious and that's their thing, but I'm confident even the original pressing of this album listed the names of the band dudes and the producer somewhere on the format art...
    nope! i had the original pressing of ágætis byrjun (sold all my sigur ros vinyl to my friend...not sure why but i lost interest in them). pretty much no info offered except the track titles.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For coloured vinyl masturbators - http://coloredvinylrecords.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    @Rdm where did you get Dilla's Donuts? Is it a repress from Stone's Throw?
    This was a Vinyl Me Please pressing from a few months ago. Just checked and there are some still available in the member store.

https://www.stonesthrow.com/news/201...inyl-me-please

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest arrival:

a silver mt. zion - 13 blues for 13 moons

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    In other news, I just dropped $100 on a record and I'm fucking pumped to get it and play it LOUD. I've been after this one for YEARS and one just finally popped up on Discogs. I'll post photos for sure once I receive it!
    Remember when I posted this a couple of weeks ago?

Well.......

FUCK MY POSTMAN (and the seller for using such a flimsy mailer, the dude didnt even write "DO NOT BEND" on the damn thing)

so as you can see, the seller had the sleeve listed as VG and the record itself as VG+. I'm sorry, but tell me this sleeve is no better than fair/Good condition. I'm so annoyed by these lazy ass sellers who don't take the time to ship expensive items correctly. I'm doing a listen through right now and the record has a lot of noise, but that dies out once the music really gets going. Sadly, there is a skip on "I Feel You", but hopefully that's the only one.

*EDIT*
    Can anyone tell me what causes this weird pattern to form on a record?

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 05-29-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    *EDIT*
    Can anyone tell me what causes this weird pattern to form on a record?
    It could have been the sleeve it was stored in, but more than likely it was improper cleaning (or drying).

That looks like oxidized moisture.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    It's easily the worst of the Jourgenson/Barker Ministry albums

That being said, I'd still take this over the last two Ministry albums in a heartbeat
    I picked up Dark Side as well, but I really like this album. "Nursing Home" and "Kaif" are among the best songs the band has ever written.

But yeah...those last two albums...those are not good albums. I remember being pretty excited for Relapse, but by the time "Weekend Warrior" came on I was ambivalent about the whole thing. Still never listen to either of those albums.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm looking for a record player that is cheap and isn't complete shit. I found one on amazon for 30 ish dollars (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005A9...+record+playor)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm looking for a record player that is cheap and isn't complete shit. I found one on amazon for 30 ish dollars (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005A9...+record+playor)
    I wouldn't waste my money on that if I were you. You're better off buying a higher quality deck that's used on Craigslist or Offer Up.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/search/...uery=turntable

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ordered a copy of it follows score on marble blue vinyl. I loved thee music on it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    that is going to destroy any record you listen to on it.

this is about the cheapest i would go. it's still not GREAT, but it's a lot better than a lot of shit out there.

later in the day:

finally listening to my (properly pressed) copy of "Your funeral...my trial" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. as with the other reissues, it sounds fantastic. but this one particularly so. i really wish more things were pressed on 180g vinyl and mastered at 45rpm because it makes a HUGE difference.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 06-04-2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: didn't want to make two posts in a row even though they were half a day apart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bought a copy of the LE "Hannibal" soundtrack that was released by Mondo today because that show is amazing & sweet merciful fuck is that wax pretty. Was absolutely shocked when a shipping confirmation email popped into my inbox a few hours later. I've never not had to wait a month (or two or three, for that matter) for a Mondo record to be mailed out, guess they're actually on top of this release.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Not my picture, but yeah. Sweet.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StopRemembering View Post
    Bought a copy of the LE "Hannibal" soundtrack that was released by Mondo today because that show is amazing & sweet merciful fuck is that wax pretty. Was absolutely shocked when a shipping confirmation email popped into my inbox a few hours later. I've never not had to wait a month (or two or three, for that matter) for a Mondo record to be mailed out, guess they're actually on top of this release.
    I was going to buy it but honestly I knew nothing about the music from Hannibal but man that art work was so good.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just a heads up, bull moose.com has the first run the jewels album on gold vinyl for 17.97, and its not a preorder they are shipping now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just bought a 100 pack of vinyl sleeves-Double LP Blake Sleeves, and still can't fit many of my double gatefolds. Sigh, I will never find a perfect vinyl sleeve.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Just bought a 100 pack of vinyl sleeves-Double LP Blake Sleeves, and still can't fit many of my double gatefolds. Sigh, I will never find a perfect vinyl sleeve.
    I've had big problems finding decent 10" sleeves because the packaging seems to vary in size to the extent a 10.5" sleeve will fit only a small number of 10" records. Most of mine won't fit, which is annoying.