Page 187 of 195 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 5848

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

I avoided this when it first came out because I wasn't really interested in an album of covers by them... and then the assorted reviews came in. Yeah. Well... I still liked their "Hair of the Dog" cover and used it in a mix, so.... here it is. I wonder if there's any others I'll like. I was surprised at the amount of Metallica "Garage Inc" covers I liked...
    You crazy? They nailed plenty of the tracks on here:

You're not two-steppin' to any other GnR releases, I'll tell you that much.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You crazy? They nailed plenty of the tracks on here:
    Crazy? I'm just someone who hadn't listened to an album from nearly 30 years ago... so maybe fuck off with insulting people at random.

Maybe you didn't quite grasp the nuance of what I had written earlier, maybe asking the question "What did you think of it now that you've heard more than just a radio single from 1993?" would have been a better reply.

Maybe.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wasn't insulting my dude. Meant absolutely nothing by "you crazy". Apologies. You're one of my favorite posters here. Love your regular Marvel & vinyl updates.

Was just trying to quickly get to the part where I could link to my favorite songs on the record.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Wasn't insulting my dude.
    Okeydokey.

Well, I really do like that The Dead Boys cover, "Ain't It Fun". The whole album is better than I expected but you really have to be into that Guns N Roses sound I think to appreciate it. Kinda surprised Duff did vocals on so many.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Picked up the MGB up for remastering mixtape purposes and the Chris Isaak for a mixtape idea that's been in my head for a while and the Metallica because the same store that MGB had that and I figured what the hell (after looking up reviews of that remastering and pressing).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Finally started adding my rebooted collection to Discogs.

Im still adding.

Beginning of the year I think I had 3 records after selling 1000s off right before the pandemic.

https://www.discogs.com/user/dvydrns...asc&layout=big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Once again, I have dropped a record and damaged it. This one I just got in the mail the day before yesterday. I was going to put it in the spin clean, when I lost grip of it and it slipped and bashed into the spin clean, adding two big scratches. I'm gutted. Things like this just makes me want to sell my collection because I feel like a klutz.
    Edit: After calming down, checked the record. Thankfully the damage is just visual, record still plays fine. Sigh.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 04-20-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Here is most of my collection. Another 1,200 records are at my parent's house in MI that I still haven't been able to go pick up.

https://www.discogs.com/user/Introns/collection

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    May as well also share; this my current collection of CDs and records.

If you see anything you want to talk about, let's talk about it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy shit, Wilco. https://wilco-reissue-store.com/

$35 - $235 for the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album.

I’m happy with the $35 version because I know I can’t be bothered to filter through that many discs for a live show.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Periodic reminder that insta (etc) embeds don’t load for some folks/browsers so to avoid this thread being just a long list of blank replies to them (me) please write at least the album title when you post an embed.

In other news: any record store highlights?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    nothing that I really cared too much about. might end up picking up the Wire release. but idk. im much more delicate with my choices this collection.

I did grab BRMC - Beat the Devils Tattoo and U2's Achtung Baby today. Also Judy in disguise, but thats for my buddy in phoenix.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I really wanted to get the clear Pearl Jam release. The album way originally released the day before I got married so I think about that every time I listen to it.

Sadly events transpired to keep me from getting to a local record store until four o'clock. I was in the SeaTac sub pop store but they didn't get a copy of the album. Sigh.

edit:

I thought there was just the one RSD this year?

Last edited by allegate; 04-23-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    Nice! If you give me a couple of weeks (early May), I'll buy that Bowie you have for sale.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Only release I wanted this year was Spit by Kittie and I figured "who the fuck else is going to be rushing the gates for this album". Got to my shop like within the hour of it opening and all the Kittie's were sold out. Boooooooo.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I thought there was just the one RSD this year?

There is only the one. This is just a backup street date for titles that got hit with delays.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks.

That said it does seem weird on their part to say "we're only doing this once!" but having two dates.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    hi all… (not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but)
    … has anyone seen the RSD Pepper Pig - Peppers Adventures The Album, left in any stores, preferably in the UK,
    thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    hi all… (not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but)
    … has anyone seen the RSD Pepper Pig - Peppers Adventures The Album, left in any stores, preferably in the UK,
    thanks
    Right place to ask but... while this may not be actually helpful, the Discogs page has copies in the US/Can/Aus for sale starting at what seems to be a decent price... which also leads me to believe that maybe the UK ones didn't quite arrive in time (or that no one wants to sell one... what are the odds of that?)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Right place to ask but... while this may not be actually helpful, the Discogs page has copies in the US/Can/Aus for sale starting at what seems to be a decent price... which also leads me to believe that maybe the UK ones didn't quite arrive in time (or that no one wants to sell one... what are the odds of that?)
    ah, ok, thank you. lol, yeah.
    i can’t believe i had to actually ask about this
    thanks for your help

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I bought a copy of the RSD Baby Shark release for my nephew so I understand!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The 1999 release of "Gettin' High On Your Own Supply" by Apollo Four Forty...

because I needed the song "Stop The Rock" for remastering purposes but I'm also curious about the whole album, never heard it before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

this might interest some of you guys

https://www.nme.com/news/music/vinyl...lant-in-denver

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Picked up the Scott Walker collection 'Boy Child' from Record Store Day. While I still love this collection and liked the idea of owning it on vinyl, disc 1 is pretty dished, and disc 2 has a slight wobble too. Sometimes I think I need to stop buying new records and instead save up for OG presses of the records I really want--there are few modern vinyl presses that compare to records that were made during the height of the era. Might be a "duh" to some, but represses have always been a more cost-effective way of adding great stuff to the collection, but...at what cost.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The 2015 of "Nena" by Nena on 180g red opaque vinyl... looking forward to hearing the album the way it was meant to be.
    (and also checking if this version of "99 Luftballons" sounds better than the 1983 Canadian release I have (with the split English/German sides).
    Last edited by MrLobster; 05-12-2022 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The 2018 reissue pressing (I thought I had paid for a '99 original but in taking a closer look at the label... no... damn) of "American Made Music To Strip By" by Rob Zombie... again, for remastering mixtape purposes.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 05-13-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The 1995 2x 12" promo version of Rob D's "Clubbed To Death" (no album sleeve) and the 2018 transparent red reissue of "Play: The B Sides" by Moby.
    (again, all for mixtape remastering purposes)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 05-17-2022 at 10:05 PM.