Page 42 of 195 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 5848

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If it's an actual printing error (which would be rare but possible), might be worth something to a nutter/collector

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If it's an actual printing error (which would be rare but possible), might be worth something to a nutter/collector
    Nutter seems like the better description if that was the case.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Finally got my copy of the Spawn soundtrack! Unexpectedly super excited to have this. On paper this is such a stupid album, but godammit I enjoyed it so much when it first came out like 15 years ago or however long that was. Haven't listened to this thing in full in YEARS, and I forgot how a few of these tracks are genuinely pretty good.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Holy shit, is that spawns face etched into the LP!?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Finally got my copy of the Spawn soundtrack! Unexpectedly super excited to have this. On paper this is such a stupid album, but godammit I enjoyed it so much when it first came out like 15 years ago or however long that was. Haven't listened to this thing in full in YEARS, and I forgot how a few of these tracks are genuinely pretty good.
    Agreed.

I bought this on vinyl a few weeks back when we were talking about it in this thread. I've always loved the songs by Filter, Manson, Silverchair, Stabbing Westward and Soul Coughing

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So I only just noticed they're reissuing Wendy Carlos' Tron OST onto double vinyl, but it's fucking $40. What is wrong with just putting out a record at reasonable prices dammit.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Record companies know they all the hipsters will buy whatever they release so they're taking advantage of that.

Also, isn't it cheaper to press wax than CDs?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Actually pressing a record is cheaper, but the process of getting there costs more, plus shipping costs etc. I'm fine with a few more quid but that's a fucking lot, especially considering it doesn't even look like Carlos was consulted on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is so fucking awesome I'm at a loss for words.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just picked up the RSD 2x12" Dresden Dolls record on ebay for $25!

I knew I'd find one on the cheap if I waited it out!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What's everyone's top 3 "Worth The Most Money" items in their collection? Had an interesting discussion about this with a friend today, and got some interesting results. Curious to see what everyone here's are.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just picked up St. Vincent self titled album as well as Coldplay (don't judge) 7" Midnight single.

EDIT: Oh! And from two weeks ago, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Just picked up Coldplay (don't judge) 7" Midnight single.
    No judging here, that new album is fantastic. Will definitely be picking up the 12" when I find make my next outing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What's everyone's top 3 "Worth The Most Money" items in their collection? Had an interesting discussion about this with a friend today, and got some interesting results. Curious to see what everyone here's are.
    I have a copy of The Fragile on vinyl.. and two sealed copies of With Teeth.. Those are pretty much the rarest and valuable records I have in my collection...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I don't own any test pressings, misprints, or anything particularly rare. So I'd say my three copies of The Fragile (US, EU, UK)

wasn't thinking about box sets. Guess Ghosts #0088 is tops
    Last edited by jessamineny; 05-20-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Syd Barrett - Octopus 7"
    Kasabian - Velociraptor boxset, signed
    And probably Year Zero UK.

Tbh, I have never and will never buy because it's valuable, but because I want to hear what's on it, so I have a hell of a lot of records worth maybe 99p, but the content is priceless. This is my favourite record I own, for presentation and for sound, and it's worth only about £5 http://www.discogs.com/Catch-20-22-C...release/486161 . But I wouldn't sell it for 20 times that, because it's worth more than the price tag.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Good question. Hard to answer, but probably the fragile and then some original factory records pressings, 12" or 7". I need to sit down and price them up. Or maybe the singles from the last white stripes era, or some cure stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean
    Tbh, I have never and will never buy because it's valuable, but because I want to hear what's on it
    That's my philosophy too and IMHO a great one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks to Jack White making intense rarities, here's my top 3:

1. Dead Weather - Blue Blood Blues - TRIPLE DECKER, sealed
    2. Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards - Split color yellow/black
    3. NIN - The Fragile - US Press

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm doing my top 5 (according to discogs)

Pixies - Minotaur box set
    Coil - Colour, Sound, Oblivion DVD box set
    NIN - Ghosts I-IV special edition
    Throbbing Gristle - TG24 CD box set
    NIN - The Fragile 3x12"

---

side note, anyone want to buy the following records from me? i'd rather sell them to someone here than someone on discogs. all in NM condition. make me an offer (i'm totally willing to dip below most going prices):

Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me 3x12" box
    Placebo - Battle For The Sun box set (2x12", 2xCD, 2xDVD, book)
    Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood 2x12" (pretty warped when i bought it but still plays)
    Radiohead - The King Of Limbs 2x10" (opened but unplayed, still has CD)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just got my hands on The Mars Volta (#0292) repressing! Sadly, it came with seem splits but soundstage direct said they get a replacement out to me asap

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This is the rarest piece in my collection. Got it from a trade for the "Wide Awake in Europe" RSD release from U2. Considering that The Cure 12" is limited out of 1000 and the U2 was limited out of 5000, I feel like I got the better part of the deal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Worth the most right now

NIN - The Fragile
    QOTSA - Lullabies (first press with alt cover art)
    NMH - Box Set
    NIN - With Teeth (sealed)
    NIN - Year Zero

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Nice looking release. I wasn't enamoured with the mix personally. I've got the original entreat somewhere.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I have never and will never buy because it's valuable, but because I want to hear what's on it.
    Absolutely. All of my rarest stuff I have zero intentions on selling it because I bought them to listen to. I get messages from people on discogs.com all the time asking me to sell them my stuff from my collection all the time. It'll never happen.

But going through discogs and ebay, it seems my "most valuable" items are

The Dark Knight OST
    Inception OST
    TRON: Legacy OST
    Mutemath - ST
    Brand New - Deja Entendu

Honestly wasn't expecting any of those, except Deja to be in the top 5.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mine has to be more than 3 too! The first 4 Pantera (Glam Era) albums, The Rebel Meets Rebel album and 3 copies of Phil Anselmo and The Illegals - Walk Through Exits Only on red and black splatter vinyl signed by everyone in the band (limited to 300). I would actually sell/trade one of those 3 if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i have the fragile LP as well, but that's not even cracking the top 20 at this point... i have a lot of rare new wave/post-punk goth records that are worth over $200... or are priceless as so few have them. a few of the more valuables:

ivy's day- in another time 7'' (kind of glove/cure-like with deep french vox. 2 people have, 50 want!)
    obscure by degrees- i'm dying 7'' (very nice new wave)
    eskimos and egypt- the cold 7'' (cold, dark track from an otherwise indie rock band)
    short wave mystery- pilots 12'' (depeche mode-esque!!!)
    victrola- maritime tatami 12'' (deep italian dance-track)

i dunno.. it's kind of futile to list this stuff since most of my collection is either dollar bin freestyle/new beat or mega expensive french/italian coldwave that averages $80 a record, at least... some i've shelled that much out for, others have gone up over the years/after i've blogged them.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    anyone want to buy the following records from me? i'd rather sell them to someone here than someone on discogs. all in NM condition. make me an offer (i'm totally willing to dip below most going prices):

Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me 3x12" box
    Placebo - Battle For The Sun box set (2x12", 2xCD, 2xDVD, book)
    Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood 2x12" (pretty warped when i bought it but still plays)
    Radiohead - The King Of Limbs 2x10" (opened but unplayed, still has CD)
    just wanted to make sure everyone saw this ^

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Just got my hands on The Mars Volta (#0292) repressing! Sadly, it came with seem splits but soundstage direct said they get a replacement out to me asap
    mine came the other day, too! #0201 on silver (you got gold, correct?)
    seam splits just on one side of each inner sleeve, so i wasn't TOO worried about it.

that 3xLP repress of Bleed American came today, and i'm so excited to listen to it!

i'm shipping out a picture disc copy of Juturna by circa survive as a trade with someone for a regular copy (he paid me $20 + the trade so i basically got my money back for the picture disc and i'm getting a free copy of the album i can actually listen to!)

oh, and i canceled my amazon order of the new swans album because it just says "temporarily out of stock, will notify you when available" and ordered it directly from the young god website.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

PM me your asking price on Holywood....I still don't have have in my collection

Yup, my copy is gold and I was blasting it yesterday while cleaning my apartment and damn does it sound good.

In other news, I FINALLY got my copy of The Dresden Dolls RSD release!!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Where from? I ordered mine from Soundcitybeaches on ebay!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    today in the mail: interpol - our love to admire 2xLP with CD & poster

everyone on discogs was selling it for at least $80, i snagged it for $50 in mostly NM (the glue came undone a little bit on one side of the gatefold but i really don't even care).