Page 57 of 195 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 5848

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I got the DC variant of Sonic Highways. Antiquiet actually spoiled the flexi disc bonus for me, but I didn't mind, because it's still cool as hell.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Do Sandbag always take forever and a day to ship? I ordered the new Thom Yorke a fortnight ago and some The Knife stuff a week and a half ago, no sign of them...

....also, their shipping charges... I ordered a double 12" LP, CD and poster, shipping is £9.97, wanted to order 4 cd singles, shipping £11.98... wtf?!
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 11-14-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    new addition to my collection.....why didnt I pick this up sooner?!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    new addition to my collection.....why didnt I pick this up sooner?!

Awesome album. I only picked it up on CD.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    New additions today The record store dude was cool and hooked me up with some promo DFA stuff.....

Poster and a patch

then I picked up the limited edition copy of Primus and The Chocolate Factory. This version comes in a plain black sleeve and has the hat spray painted on the cover. There is no other indicators that this is a Primus album. Even the record labels are white.

and then I came home to this in the mail It still has its original plastic wrap and is semi-sealed.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone pick up TV on the Radio's new album on vinyl yet? The packaging is unbelievable. Marble pressing, TWO lyric booklets, two bonus tracks, and so much motion art to look at. One of the best vinyl releases of the year, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got it, but haven't opened it yet. Do you know if the download has the 2 bonus tracks or are those only on the vinyl period?

Edit: Opened it up and downloaded...only the main album is included in the download.
    Last edited by zaps30; 11-18-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    New additions as of today

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs of the Deaf (bootleg copy pressed on green marble wax)
    Ministry - FILTHPIG - Original Pressing still in the pastic wrap
    Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is Talking Heads (Newbury Comics maroon colored vinyl. LE out of 1,000)
    NIN - Year Zero (replaced the copy I accidentally shipped out to someone on eBay)

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 11-22-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest acquisitions:

both Oathbreaker albums: Mælstrøm on black (currently listening) and Eros Anteros on black/white swirl
    really just can't get enough of this band right now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Anyone pick up TV on the Radio's new album on vinyl yet? The packaging is unbelievable. Marble pressing, TWO lyric booklets, two bonus tracks, and so much motion art to look at. One of the best vinyl releases of the year, in my opinion.
    This looks great. I opened up the shipping package last night and couldn't believe a single LP was inside. I've seen less packing for a 5LP boxset. Easily the best shipping package I have ever seen in person. Made me feel my expensive pre-order was worth it over Amazon. Excited to break open album tonight and play around!

Other recent pickups (I need to start taking photos):

Perfume Genius - Too Bright (UK Edition / Gold LP)
    Run the Jewels (European repress / remix album on clear vinyl with green splatter)
    CAKE Boxset
    SBTRKT - Wonder Where We Land (Deluxe Edition with 12" Picture Disc)
    M.I.A - Arular and Kala
    UNKLE - Psyence Fiction

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Has anyone outside the US picked up any of the recent Nick Cave reissues, or at least heard about their quality? They come out in the US in December and I've really wanted them, but want to know about how good they actually are beforehand.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Has anyone outside the US picked up any of the recent Nick Cave reissues, or at least heard about their quality? They come out in the US in December and I've really wanted them, but want to know about how good they actually are beforehand.
    i had no idea they were coming out domestically! oh my goodness goodbye all my money...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Seriously, I've been looking for a pressing of Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yep, I'm pretty sure it's December 18th that all of NA gets it if I'm remembering correctly. I'm thrilled to get Tender Prey and No More Shall We Part more than anything, the original pressings are just too pricey for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Amazon has some listed for December 2nd and 15th and the remaining listed for a February 24th release.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Yep, I'm pretty sure it's December 18th that all of NA gets it if I'm remembering correctly. I'm thrilled to get Tender Prey and No More Shall We Part more than anything, the original pressings are just too pricey for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Amazon has some listed for December 2nd and 15th and the remaining listed for a February 24th release.
    didn't see no more shall we part, nocturama, or lazarus as part of the reissues, for some reason.

i pre-ordered "the firstborn is dead", "your funeral, my trial...", "tender prey", "the good son", "henry's dream", "let love in", "murder ballads", and "the boatman's call", as well as the (unfortunately pricey) import of "abattoir blues/the lyre of orpheus". goodbye $225 >.<

i don't care as much for "from her to eternity" or "kicking against the pricks" but the collector in me will probably force me to get them eventually. i own all of the cd/dvd versions of all of the albums except the boatman's call.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    didn't see no more shall we part, nocturama, or lazarus as part of the reissues, for some reason.

i pre-ordered "the firstborn is dead", "your funeral, my trial...", "tender prey", "the good son", "henry's dream", "let love in", "murder ballads", and "the boatman's call", as well as the (unfortunately pricey) import of "abattoir blues/the lyre of orpheus". goodbye $225 >.<

i don't care as much for "from her to eternity" or "kicking against the pricks" but the collector in me will probably force me to get them eventually. i own all of the cd/dvd versions of all of the albums except the boatman's call.
    I'm really hoping that there's a repressing for No More Shall We Part, it's definitely by favorite Bad Seeds album. And I'm guessing the price on Abattoir Blues is just because it's technically two albums?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping that there's a repressing for No More Shall We Part, it's definitely by favorite Bad Seeds album. And I'm guessing the price on Abattoir Blues is just because it's technically two albums?
    no i think it's because that one is (for some reason) not getting pressed domestically? it's listed as an import (and is the only one listed as such). oh well, that one's my favorite so it's worth it for me. what i'm worried about is that i pre-ordered everything at the same time, and amazon is usually good about separating things if they have different release dates, but it seems like i'm not going to get it til at least the 15th when the first group comes out (even though abattoir/lyre comes out today/tomorrow).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my band's test pressings came today and they sound AWESOME!!!
    slightly peeved that they're on transparent emerald green instead of the coke bottle clear we requested, but that's a minor gripe, honestly.
    i made a discogs entry for it because i'm a nerd!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Are you going to try and get them on the right color, or are you going to roll with this one?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Are you going to try and get them on the right color, or are you going to roll with this one?
    our account representative at URP is looking into what happened and will get back to me in the morning. none of us are too worried about it since they still look cool and we don't want it to be a hassle, but if we can get the coke bottle clear, we're gonna!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Represses of Sigur Ros albums!!!
    Von, Agaetis Byrjun, AND! ()
    http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/12/04/s...back-to-vinyl/
    This makes me soooooooooo happy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBomkamp View Post
    Represses of Sigur Ros albums!!!
    Von, Agaetis Byrjun, AND! ()
    http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/12/04/s...back-to-vinyl/
    This makes me soooooooooo happy.
    i sold all of my sigur ros vinyl to my friend/bandmate earlier this year for only $80 (i could have easily made over $250 for all of it combined on discogs) because i just never feel like listening to them anymore, and i felt like i'd rather have them in the hands of someone who really loves them. there was a time when i obsessively listened to sigur ros but now it would just make me too depressed. there's not much music like that, for me...that i just stop wanting to listen to after a certain amount of time. it was very odd.

wow, that was a weird post. sorry everybody!

um...oh! my copies of the new old man gloom album(s) arrived today and i'm hoping i have a short work day tomorrow so i can listen to them. very excited.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I keep forgetting to post this but I was one of the lucky few who managed to snag a copy of Death Grips' Government Plates on Black Friday Record Store Day this year. I am still ecstatic over owning this after hearing the horror stories a lot of people have from other shops and scalpers and such.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Ah, another guilty pleasure of mine......too bad the record looks like a DJ scratched with it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest acquisitions:

old man gloom - ape of god

(and) old man gloom - ape of god

as funny as i think the stickers are, i'm a little pissed that the records didn't come with downloads, since the only one i can find is the fake one they released to fuck with the press.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Dude, I love your dog... I'd be happy with just pictures of him/her from here on out. Oh, and you have a decent collection of vinyl too.
    My chihuahua is 16 years old and on her way out. I love that dog.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Check out the Pictures of your Pets!!! thread and you will see TONS of him.....hes a bit of a camera whore....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Check out the Pictures of your Pets!!! thread and you will see TONS of him.....hes a bit of a camera whore....
    hahaha! now i'm gonna have to go add some photos!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    GODDAMNIT!!! I finally have this LP in my hands and it came with a HUGE warp due to the shitty mailer the seller used.

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 12-11-2014 at 11:01 PM.