Page 53 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    *ahem* I believe that was me with the best buy sale tip
    eeeep! sorry, dude. well, thank you so much! it was awesome to get all that stuff (minus KC) for $55 with shipping.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    scored scary monsters at the weekend. No photo yet sorry

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Reissues of Modest Mouse's first two albums plus two 7"s of unreleased songs from those albums sessions are now available for pre-order:
    http://store.glacialpace.com/collections/new/

Surprisingly, their shipping is great. Only $3.73 for media mail shipping for me, which is far more reasonable than most other bands' official stores.

So excited, can't wait. Love these two albums.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Reissues of Modest Mouse's first two albums plus two 7"s of unreleased songs from those albums sessions are now available for pre-order:
    http://store.glacialpace.com/collections/new/

Surprisingly, their shipping is great. Only $3.73 for media mail shipping for me, which is far more reasonable than most other bands' official stores.

So excited, can't wait. Love these two albums.
    interesting, the shop radio cast site has the 7"s for only $7 each, but the albums for $28.99 (instead of $22). so i guess glacial pace is the way to go, then!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just picked up the Great Gatsby OST, and Blood Brothers' "Burn Piano Island Burn". Also got some new variants of Brand New's Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me (black, seafoam and tour edition clear blue). It was nice to finally score copies of that album for under $25 each.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Blood Brothers' "Burn Piano Island Burn"
    i love that album so much. the only BB stuff i own on vinyl is the rumours laid waste 10" and march on electric children. which color of piano island did you grab? it's definitely on my list of things i need to get before they go extinct/too expensive.

my copy of The Next Four Years by United Nations came in today. i'm so glad the guy on discogs who sold it to me had it for such a reasonable price. most people were asking $80-$100 for something that only cost $40 a couple months ago. this guy charged $60, and it's in fantastic shape. i can't wait to listen to it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Clerks soundtrack is getting pressed: http://www.shopradiocast.com/product...erks-2XLP.html

Right now too pricy, hope it pops up on Amazon for less...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i love that album so much. the only BB stuff i own on vinyl is the rumours laid waste 10" and march on electric children. which color of piano island did you grab?
    Burn Piano Island I got yellow. Crimes I got pink.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Advice please guys- I bought a CD on Discogs recently (not vinyl but I know you all use Discogs hence posting here) where the case was described as "very good" condition and the word "worn" in the description. It arrived today, there's an approx. 2" tear in the top right edge of the cardboard slipcase and the card along the edges of the purple slipcase is worn through the card beneath. I personally wouldn't describe it as "very good". What's the normal way to approach a seller about this? Request partial refund? It's not something I'd normally do...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Advice please guys- I bought a CD on Discogs recently (not vinyl but I know you all use Discogs hence posting here) where the case was described as "very good" condition and the word "worn" in the description. It arrived today, there's an approx. 2" tear in the top right edge of the cardboard slipcase and the card along the edges of the purple slipcase is worn through the card beneath. I personally wouldn't describe it as "very good". What's the normal way to approach a seller about this? Request partial refund? It's not something I'd normally do...
    I understand where you're coming from, but very good in Vinyl world AKA discogs means something very different than it should mean.

VG: this record is a record that is good enough. They are not really going to look very good, but it will STILL play very good. there will almost always be some surface noise when they are played. The Dynamics should still be excellent, overpowering the surface noise. A VG record will appear well have been played but still have some luster. VG covers will look worn, used. There may be some seam splitting . There will be some ring wear, where the ink has begun to wear off. Giving the cover a look of snow falling. If the artwork looks snowy all over, it is less than VG condition. There may be some writing on the cover (still, no Large letters in magic marker). It will look aged and more yellowish due to contamination's in the air (sometimes looking like cigarette smoke). Still it should be decent"

If you're looking for good quality try mint or near mint. Almost all the time when I buy VG I usually get quality that I'm not happy with.
    Last edited by Rdm; 09-09-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I suspected that might be the answer. Much appreciated

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thought you could sneak this one past me, did ya, CANADA???

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Post rock legends, MONO (Japan) are releasing their new double album The Last Dawn & Rays of Darkness as a special 4 LP limited edition. Limited to 1000. As of 9/11/2014…only 220 remaining.

** LIMIT TWO (2) SUPER DELUXE DIE-CUT GATEFOLD COLORED VINYL 2xLP PER CUSTOMER! **
    SUPER DELUXE DIE-CUT GATEFOLD COLORED VINYL 2xLP EDITION While supplies last, we are combining BOTH new MONO albums into one stunning package. Each album is in its own heavy board stock inner sleeve w/ gloss varnish, housed in a custom die-cut matte varnished gatefold jacket featuring the full 12x24-inch cover artwork by world-renowned artist, Pat Perry. As if that weren't enough, the vinyl are also custom colors designed to match the artwork: The Last Dawn disk is CLEAR w/ WHITE SMOKE STREAKS; the Rays of Darkness disk is CLEAR w/ BLACK SMOKE STREAKS. The colored vinyl is ONLY available in this special super deluxe edition. This is limited to a one-time-only numbered edition of 1,000 copies.

The Last Dawn and Rays of Darkness are a pair of new albums by MONO. Recorded simultaneously yet conceptually and creatively disparate, the two act as both opposing and complementary sides to a story. No strangers to narratives, the twin albums explore familiar themes for the band: Hope and hopelessness, love and loss, immense joy and unspeakable pain. Those elemental parts of life and the complicated relationships they create have never been more resonant through MONO's music than they are here.
    The Last Dawn is the first of these two companion albums, and is the "lighter" of the two, thematically and melodically. It contains undoubtedly some ofMONO's strongest songs ever, drawing on an array of influences from minimalist film score to vintage shoegaze. It is MONO at their absolute purest, executing an uncanny, unspoken dialogue with each other without the dozens of stringed instruments that have been so prominent throughout their catalog in recent years. The songs are also noticeably more efficient – there hasn't been a MONO full-length record that fit on a single slab of vinyl since 2003's One Step More And You Die – and the album benefits immeasurably from this streamlined approach. MONO have always been masters of telling compelling stories without words. But now they've proven they can do it without frills, too.

Rays of Darkness is the first MONO album in 15 years to feature no orchestral instruments whatsoever. That fact alone is remarkable given the band's reputation for sweeping, dramatic instrumentals that recall Oscar-worthy film scores. Instead, Rays of Darkness more closely resembles a jet engine taking off inside a small, crowded auditorium. It is MONO's blackest album ever, a collection of scorched riffs, doom rhythms, and an unexpected contribution from post-hardcore pioneer Tetsu Fukagawa of Envy. The album ends with the smoldering wreckage of distorted guitars and ominous drones playing out a eulogy to the days when MONO shot blinding rays of light through seemingly endless darkness.

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr242243

http://www.monoofjapan.com/en/new-albums/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Post rock legends, MONO (Japan) are releasing their new double album The Last Dawn & Rays of Darkness as a special 4 LP limited edition. Limited to 1000. As of 9/11/2014…only 220 remaining.
    i...i think i might need to get that (even though i haven't heard much of their stuff). it's so pretty and i love temporary residence ltd. as a label (not just because young widows are on it).

i got my copy of Barragan, the new blonde redhead album today...the corner of the shipping box was torn, which wouldn't have been a big deal, except that the sleeve is completely bent in one corner, and there's a crease all the way through one side. thankfully, i ordered it from amazon and already requested a replacement, but i'm pissed because i wanted to listen to it today. it's really not that hard to treat a record right when shipping it, and i don't usually have these sorts of problems, but this is kinda ridiculous.

edit: i ordered that mono album. i couldn't help myself. i also got "doomsdayer's holiday" by grails, since i've been meaning to pick it up for a while, and shipping for both was only $4. not too shabby!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 09-11-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Picked up a couple of records from Important Records: Jozef van Wissem, Ex Patris and a re-pressing of van Wissem's album with Jim Jarmusch, Concerning The Entrance Into Eternity.

Here's hoping the first album is on red vinyl, since only the first 100 pressings were done so.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I have never heard of MONO. I have never listened to MONO. I streamed a few songs - and now, I'm downloading a discography and I've placed an order for that beautiful piece of artwork.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blink 182 Take Off Your Pants and Jacket repress. Limited Pink, to fight killer titty cancer. Not the best album, but that package looks pretty cool. 2 Pink 12' and 3 Black 7'
    WAY OVER PRICED however
    http://www.shopradiocast.com/product...-Vinyl%29.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ooooh, that Angels & Airwaves pressing looks nice, too. I just wish someone from AVA would announce when these fucking things are released once in a while.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Ooooh, that Angels & Airwaves pressing looks nice, too. I just wish someone from AVA would announce when these fucking things are released once in a while.
    sign up for the shop radio cast e-mail. that's how i knew about the jimmy eat world reissues, the can reissues, and many other things. they put out a lot of great stuff and the flat rate shipping can't be beat!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My most recent additions (please excuse my shit camera)

Chelsea Wolfe - Apokalypsis
    Bomb The Music Industry! - Scrambles
    Deerhunter - Microcastle / Weird Era Cont'd
    Joyce Manor - S/T
    Tiger's Jaw - S/T
    Touche Amore - Is Survived By

Last edited by Soma; 10-06-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    My most recent additions (please excuse my shit camera)

Chelsea Wolfe - Apokalypsis

oh, man...i wish my copy looked that cool!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The UPS guy just dropped this off!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Dammit, Important Records would​ send out an email with sales codes after I placed my order.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yep, my copy came in the mail too. I had honestly forgotten that I bought it too, so it was a nice surprise. Still can't believe amazon had that for 17 dollars.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just listened to the new My Brightest Diamond album, "This Is My Hand," which was incredible. a great evolution of her sound. she keeps moving forward without really looking back but still maintaining a sound that is very unique to her.

currently spinning the new Blonde Redhead, "Barragan," which is also great. nice to hear something that's considerably more upbeat than their last three albums, and back to using more organic instruments with sprinkles of electronics. it's still pretty mellow, but not depressing, which is great.

the 2x180g 45rpm version of Mastodon's "The Hunter" came in the mail today. really looking forward to listening to that one.

getting married on sunday and hoping that on monday or tuesday, all the stuff i have pre-ordered that's coming out will arrive!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Found and bought some great records today for dirt cheap prices. Check it...

Aphex Twin - Syro ($30)

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity [2011 Remaster] ($40)

Massive Attack - Blue Lines [1st Pressing] ($13)

Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped [1st Pressing] ($10)

Nas - Stillmatic ($9)

Roxy Music - Avalon ($4.50)

Kula Shaker - Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts ($12)

The Wolfgang Press - Queer ($18)

All were used but in NM condition, save for Syro, which was brand new and just came out today. About two months ago, I nearly threw down $150 for a new copy of the Clarity remaster. I am SO fucking thankful my conscience got the better of me then; I literally would have cried if I had paid that much and then saw it for as cheap as I paid today.

New Aphex Twin album is hitting, too

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wolfgang Press <3 I haven't pulled out those CDs in forever. Thanks for the reminder

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    latest additions

Got this for $10 at a 2nd hand books store! These things go anywhere for $80-120......

Oingo-Boingo - "Dead Man's Party" - GOLD PROMO STAMP

The Psychedelic Furs - GOLD PROMO STAMP

NEW UNDERGROUND - Various Artists from CBS records - I bought it mainly for the color of the wax and the face that the Furs are on it

RAMMSTEIN - REISE REISE - 2014 bootleg press on white vinyl

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Mondo put their Looper soundtrack on sale today. It's kinda pricey, but the package looks so amazing that I couldn't resist. Description and pictures here:

https://t.e2ma.net/webview/dxr8h/2c1...1683c3f5accf1d

Unlike most of their releases, this one didn't sell out right away (probably because of the price). Still available!

http://www.mondotees.com/

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    A friend of mine went down to Mondocon this past weekend and picked up these lovely gems for me. The Looper pressing is totally worth the money. Gold flake foil gatefold and that heavy hand made burlap sack. It's incredible. Also, the Winchester Ale variant of SOTD!!! Going to shoot for the Strawberry Cornetto variant on the online drop too.