Page 138 of 195 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Repressed via Mondo!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I think they only difference might be the MOV editions are a gatefold sleeve release and the other one is a single sleeve. I think...
    i believe that's correct. the MOV sleeve is also matte finish and comes with a glossy insert, not sure about the other version. both are 180g.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Just ordered the new UNKLE LP, out in a few days, The Road: Part II! Triple-colored vinyl from the UNKLE store is autographed by James Lavelle, limited to 1,500. Loving everything I’ve heard from this one so far.

https://store.unkle.info/

Aaand they’re gone! Glad I snagged one when I did, damn good timing. Black LP edition is still available, though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i believe that's correct. the MOV sleeve is also matte finish and comes with a glossy insert, not sure about the other version. both are 180g.
    Are they both 180? According to both nin.com and Amazon, the Nothing Records one is 140 grams.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    who wants to take a trip back to the late '90s with me?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    YoooooOOoOooOUuuUUUu.... keep comin' back for mooOore.

(I have it as well... so good)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

SRSQ • unreality
    limited edition of 400 on clear blue vinyl

rosetta • sower of wind
    limited edition of 250 on bone vinyl

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was out of shelf space so I picked up a new crate...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

thou • tyrant
    2018 2xLP reissue including the retaliation of the immutable force of nature 12", a gatefold chipboard jacket, a 16-page 11x11" booklet, and a 24x36" poster

thou • peasant
    2017 remastered/reissued 2xLP including to carry a stone and malfeasance/retribution​ in a heavyweight gatefold jacket with spot-gloss cover and a 20-page 11x11" booklet

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack is coming to vinyl/CD!

The SSSoundtrack to Devil May Cry 5 is coming to CD and vinyl via www.LacedRecords.com

4x LP — 51 tracks on 180g coloured vinyl

DOUBLE LP — 21 tracks picked by the composers on 180g coloured vinyl

5x CD — 136 tracks

Music by Hiromitsu Maeba, Yoshiya Terayama, Kota Suzuki, Steven McNair, Casey & Ali Edwards, Jeff Rona, Cody Matthew Johnson - Composer, and John R. Graham

Pre-order at (US store) Lacedrecords.com/collections/devil-may-cry-5 | (Rest of world) Lacedrecords.co/collections/devil-may-cry-5

SSShipping July 2019
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-03-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

Nice one! Original pressing or reissue?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    2017 repress

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

JAB - Erg Herbe

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Footloose OST

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... RSD2019...

I have two titles I *really* want, 2 that would be nice and 3 if I have the cash I want to pick up.

Pretty sure that only 3 of those actually have a chance of showing up at the stores I go to. But I might get lucky.

Really want;
    various - The Crow Soundtrack
    Gorillaz - The Fall

Nice;
    various - WaxTrax documentary soundtrack
    Brother Theodore

Cash;
    X-Ray Spex - I Am A Cliché
    Roots Radic - 12 inches of dub
    Lee "Scratch" Perry - Rootz Reggae

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So, as some of you may remember, I had my SpinClean stolen from car about a month and a half ago. (still never caught the bastard) While I was looking for another SpinClean, I came across the Studebaker Vinyl Cleaner on Amazon and it was considerably cheaper than the SC. ($32.99 instead of $79.99) Well, I ended up taking a risk and bought the Studebaker cleaner and it came in yesterday.

My overall opinion is this: the Studebaker is the winner. The price, the build quality, and smaller footprint just makes this unit unbeatable. I like how the base doesn't flair out like the SpinClean. I also like that the base of the Studebaker is thicker. I feel like the chances of damage from a fall is less likely and i dont need to worry about a flared corner breaking off while in storage. Cleaning wise, they both do the job well, my only complaint goes towards the Studebaker and the two brushes that are in the center. Perhaps this is due to it being new, but every time I would take a record out after cleaning, the brushes would end up getting pulled out along with it which is kind of annoying. My other complaint is the use of black as the color of the plastic. The nice thing about the SpingClean is that its bright yellow and this allows you to see all the crap that gets removed from your records. The Studebaker on the other hand is damn near impossible to see what gets removed since its black.

Overall, I would say that the Studebaker is the way to go if you are looking to buy your first cleaner.

This is what I was talking about when I said the brush comes out with the record each time to remove one from the cleaner. Annoying now, but I think maybe with time the brushes will get broken in and might not snag as easily.

------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, I forgot to mention how cool "VEGAS" looks on wax

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This one's been on the wish list for a while. Got notified of one with a decent price on discogs and jumped on it. My first discogs purchase, side a sounds perfect so far.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Recent acquisitions as I catch up on the LPs I didn't get around to:

Hesitation Marks
    Bad Witch
    Coil - Backwards
    Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun
    Billy Corgan - Ogilala

Found those last two at a Sunrise Records 2-for-1 sale and said what the hell

if I don't get the Crow soundtrack on Saturday morning cities will burn.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Bleeding Through - The Truth (clear)
    Converge - You Fail Me Redux (black w/white splatter)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Heartbroken: Somehow I badly bent the Ortofon Red stylus I got for my birthday. I noticed left channel drop out and some distortion and wondered what was going on. Tried checking components, cleaning needle, trying different records. It wasn't until I took the headshell off I stared at the stylus with a magnifying glass that I could see it was bent extremely to one side!

I don't even know what caused it. I kinda want to blame the off-center pressed copy of Ghost's Meloria I got a month back for making it work so hard the first listen through before I noticed and stopped it. But I installed the cartridge myself and tried to follow all the instructions, using the tools and all, to the letter, but who I'm no expert, maybe I set it up wrong and it's been "off" this whole time, continually bending it? I don't know. So I ordered a new stylus from Needle Doctor and will be taking it to a local shop to be installed and properly set up, balanced, etc. Totally worth the $25 for the peace of mind that everything's set up correctly.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

New arrival.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    My first discogs purchase, side a sounds perfect so far.
    Not the biggest Ride fan here, but that photo on the cover is probably my favorite album art, ever - every time I hear Seagull I start to imagine massive waves and get legit goosebumps. I've been trying to get a Nowhere shirt forever, but they're rare to come by with a decent price.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Heartbroken: Somehow I badly bent the Ortofon Red stylus I got for my birthday. I noticed left channel drop out and some distortion and wondered what was going on. Tried checking components, cleaning needle, trying different records. It wasn't until I took the headshell off I stared at the stylus with a magnifying glass that I could see it was bent extremely to one side!

I don't even know what caused it. I kinda want to blame the off-center pressed copy of Ghost's Meloria I got a month back for making it work so hard the first listen through before I noticed and stopped it. But I installed the cartridge myself and tried to follow all the instructions, using the tools and all, to the letter, but who I'm no expert, maybe I set it up wrong and it's been "off" this whole time, continually bending it? I don't know. So I ordered a new stylus from Needle Doctor and will be taking it to a local shop to be installed and properly set up, balanced, etc. Totally worth the $25 for the peace of mind that everything's set up correctly.
    Ouch. Is it the cantilever that's bent (the protruding bit with the needle on the end), or is the needle itself at the wrong angle on the cantilever? The 2M Blue stylus will work fine on the Red cartridge, so you could use it as an excuse to treat yourself to an upgrade

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Reverse Record Store Day (take a moment and give it some thought)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Reverse Record Store Day (take a moment and give it some thought)
    if i actually had any duplicates other than the black queen, i'd definitely send them.

meanwhile, i am so sick that i missed seeing public memory thursday night, amanda palmer last night, and i'm missing RSD this morning (along with my niece's birthday party this afternoon). blergh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got a copy of The Crow Soundtrack this morning. Also grabbed an OG press of Korn's 'Take a Look in the Mirror' which was was 25% off, so why not?. Also got a copy of Soundgarden's Superunknown on Red/Yellow vinyl in the mail yesterday. Going to be a good weekend of tunes.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack is coming to vinyl/CD!

I do believe I will be pre-ordering that 4lp version.

I get that it's heavy but $25.00 for shipping? What a shitty value.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-13-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Picked up the Death Grips and U2 releases today at RSD. Went to three locations and all were out of The Crow though, unfortunately.