Page 109 of 195 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP holy shit, that got there fast

Hope it's everything you were hoping for and more!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP holy shit, that got there fast

Hope it's everything you were hoping for and more!
    It's in excellent shape! Thanks again so much!! I love how this community takes care of one another...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So ETS brethren...

Any slipmat recommendations? Aka what do you all have? I've seen the Closer Spiral before but I'm looking for something cool.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So ETS brethren...

Any slipmat recommendations? Aka what do you all have? I've seen the Closer Spiral before but I'm looking for something cool.
    I don't mind fabric but I want to upgrade to cork. But I'm also a bit wacky in my cleaning my records before playing them (for encoding purposes)...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My Black Friday RSD trip was successful. Guilty pleasure I suppose, my favorite Dave Matthews release, first time on vinyl. Limited to 2521/3000, my store had 5. I saw it the next aisle over and I was within 4' when the last one was grabbed. Moped around for a bit then wandered to NIN section. On my way I saw a crate they hadn't unloaded yet and nabbed copy #4. Apparently if things don't work out for you, just feel sorry for yourself for a bit and things will work out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Zao is selling a three pack ("The Well-Intentioned Virus", "Xenophobe/Fear Itself" 7", and "Pyrrhic Victory") for only $25.

https://officialzao.bandcamp.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got poncier today, happy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So hey, you know that golden record that NASA sent into space?

You can buy it now. Not literally the record that was sent into space, but...oh, just read the product page (and the other pages on the website)

http://www.ozmarecords.com/product/v...d-3xlp-box-set

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yes!!!!!

Local Barnes and Noble had a 2017 remaster of The Fragile for 38.99. I have a 20% off voucher. So gonna get this at a steal price!

Getting paid tomorrow so will pick it up on lunch!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Denali - Self Titled

I was able to snag a signed copy on Ebay for only $30. So stoked to finally have this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm getting my old man's collection. Some 200+ albums. What's the best turntable under 100 bucks?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm getting my old man's collection. Some 200+ albums. What's the best turntable under 100 bucks?
    Don't bother getting a new one for less than $200, just get a second hand one to see if you enjoy playing them.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Don't bother getting a new one for less than $200, just get a second hand one to see if you enjoy playing them.
    Really? What's wrong with them? I got one maybe seven or eight years ago for around $120 and I feel like it's been good, but I'm definitely no expert or audiophile. What's wrong with the under-$200 turntables?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Agreed. I think if you want to buy something new, the cheapest you should go would be for a U-Turn Orbit or an LP120, both of which are over $100. Otherwise I would suggest checking craigslist for a good vintage one, that's what I did and still paid $120 @Mantra

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Really? What's wrong with them? I got one maybe seven or eight years ago for around $120 and I feel like it's been good, but I'm definitely no expert or audiophile. What's wrong with the under-$200 turntables?
    generally anything under $200 is doing damage to your records. some cheaper players have relatively balanced tone-arms, but there's no adjustment, which means if you ever change the cartridge (if it will even allow that), you can't counter-balance it properly. too much weight at the cartridge end means the stylus will wear out sooner and so will your records. not enough weight and it's likely to skip more easily and potentially go soaring (which could damage the stylus, especially if it lands wrong when it comes back down).

gosh, i sound like a snob. but i just really care about people getting the best experience AND taking care of their records!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    generally anything under $200 is doing damage to your records. some cheaper players have relatively balanced tone-arms, but there's no adjustment, which means if you ever change the cartridge (if it will even allow that), you can't counter-balance it properly. too much weight at the cartridge end means the stylus will wear out sooner and so will your records. not enough weight and it's likely to skip more easily and potentially go soaring (which could damage the stylus, especially if it lands wrong when it comes back down).

gosh, i sound like a snob. but i just really care about people getting the best experience AND taking care of their records!
    Damn, that sucks. Hmm. I guess I'll have to add a better turntable to my list of future purchases.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Grabbed the Shadowrun soundtracks that were up for pre-order today.

http://blackscreenrecords.limitedrun...ial-soundtrack

http://blackscreenrecords.limitedrun...ial-soundtrack

And really, if you're into a cyberpunk RPG computer games... pick up "Deadman's Switch", "Dragonfall" and "Hong Kong".

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    And you're doing a good service by doing so.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Picked up a bunch of 45s the other day and of them is hella clear so I thought I'd post...

(with obligatory slip mat included... but I only used for this shot, now it is hanging on the wall)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The fragile for $28! The going rate in the uk is $67

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The fragile for $28! The going rate in the uk is $67
    It was 38.99. I'm a Barnes and Noble club member so I get 10% off. They send out promotional coupons often to get items with an additional sale and they stack. I had a 25% off any purchase voucher. 25% + 10% = 35% off.

Feels good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

On Heavy Rotation

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I just spent $130 on something I've needed to own for a good long while now. Shipping from overseas. Cannot wait until it gets here.</vague>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone else see this product on Shark Tank last night? Piqued my curiosity....
    https://www.business2community.com/e...javec-01969684

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I just spent $130 on something I've needed to own for a good long while now. Shipping from overseas. Cannot wait until it gets here.</vague>
    That's a special feeling I think I've really only felt after ordering/finding rare records or ones that are special to me for whatever reason. It hurts to see the money go, but when it shows up you almost feel cathartic and it was all worth the wait.

Unless your order involves Sandbag. In which case it could be stolen from you, heh. I'm patiently/nervously waiting for my order of Thrice's "The Alchemy Index" reissue, which is slated to ship next week. Here's to hoping I see it before December 2019!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    Did anyone else see this product on Shark Tank last night? Piqued my curiosity....
    what the fuck? that's crazy!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Reminds me of this old tech; and the .

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    what the fuck? that's crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Reminds me of this old tech; and the .
    there's no way that's even remotely good for your records (or that it will actually sound good)

:: shudder ::