Page 80 of 195 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well if i can sell that version of option paralysis, i'm gonna get one of the new pressings that's much cheaper.

and, though mad max was really good, and i enjoyed it, i can't see myself listening to it that often. i'm trying to raise a little money so i can buy other stuff that's coming out or that has come to my attention, and is stuff i feel i'll get more listens out of. you know what i mean?
    Yes mate, know exactly where you're coming from. I haven't listened to Mad Max that frequently either, but it's one of those I enjoy a lot when I do. Unfortunately I hoard records, nothing in my collection feels expendable.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Yes mate, know exactly where you're coming from. I haven't listened to Mad Max that frequently either, but it's one of those I enjoy a lot when I do. Unfortunately I hoard records, nothing in my collection feels expendable.
    i normally feel that way, but just not right now, i guess? it's weirding me out, honestly.

i've been trying to figure out what to get my wife for valentine's day, and i passingly mentioned wanting to get her more oingo boingo records but not wanting her to feel like that was cheating, since i'm the one who collects vinyl (but she's the one who is obsessed with and got me into oingo boingo) and she said "no, that'd be great!"

so i just ordered the new red vinyl pressing of dead man's party on amazon, and got NM copies of Nothing To Fear and Boi-Ngo from a guy on discogs. maybe went a little overboard but at least it'll be a fun and music-filled valentine's day!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i normally feel that way, but just not right now, i guess? it's weirding me out, honestly.

i've been trying to figure out what to get my wife for valentine's day, and i passingly mentioned wanting to get her more oingo boingo records but not wanting her to feel like that was cheating, since i'm the one who collects vinyl (but she's the one who is obsessed with and got me into oingo boingo) and she said "no, that'd be great!"

so i just ordered the new red vinyl pressing of dead man's party on amazon, and got NM copies of Nothing To Fear and Boi-Ngo from a guy on discogs. maybe went a little overboard but at least it'll be a fun and music-filled valentine's day!
    Unfortunately my wife is utterly disinterested in music. She likes maybe 30% of what I listen to, but isn't really all that passionate about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Le sigh. Just pre-ordered Hannibal season 3 from Invada. Will there ever be an end to all the

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    This is kind of what I'm talking about with Amazon being shitty with their shipping methods. You made two separate orders. Did you specifically ask them to combine the orders? If you made two different orders on two separate days, don't take it to mean "we can just ship everything together".

If Amazon were like every other business and mailed out the stuff they were paid for immediately in a timely manner, there wouldn't be any of this waiting/confusion bullshit. I pretty much avoid buying from them directly anymore, for these reasons and quite a few others
    Hang on, is Amazon different overseas? They don't take payment til the item ships in the UK... they're also very good with shipping vinyl here too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    OPN / Lopatin & Co. Collection

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    OPN / Lopatin & Co. Collection...
    Very nice; how many Atoms For Peace vinyl do you have there (they really stand out)?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If it's a pre-order, I don't believe they charge here until the item is officially available to ship. But most times if I place an order for an LP, book, Blu-ray, etc., it can take them up to six days to ship. It sits in a "preparing for shipment" status for a godawful amount of time. I got tired of that shit real fast.

When the Jimmy Eat World 'Bleed American' vinyl reissue came out last month, it was six days past the release date before it shipped out to me. Then another week before it finally arrived in the mail. I e-mailed their customer service about it and they replied with some bullshit like "I see that your item is in the final stages of shipping preparation", to which I replied with something along the lines of "How much fucking prep does it take to stick the LP in a box and put it on the truck?"

The only reason I didn't cancel the order is because I'd pre-ordered it months earlier right before my Prime membership was about to expire, and I was getting free shipping plus the pre-order price at the time of purchase, which was like $8 less than what it eventually retailed for on their site.
    That's pretty interesting, Amazon here are great at shipping etc - for example, The Martian is released on blu ray on Monday 8 Feb, it shipped this morning. Also,they don't take payment til your order ships here, whether it's pre order or not. You'd imagine they'd employ the same business model globally!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Very nice; how many Atoms For Peace vinyl do you have there (they really stand out)?

Quite a bit, standard and deluxe versions of amok, 3 singles, all of thoms solo stuff etc. still holding out and hoping for a official amok remix album. I think there's a good pic of all of it somewhere around here in the Radiohead thread maybe

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    That's pretty interesting, Amazon here are great at shipping etc - for example, The Martian is released on blu ray on Monday 8 Feb, it shipped this morning. Also,they don't take payment til your order ships here, whether it's pre order or not. You'd imagine they'd employ the same business model globally!
    no, they do, but "shipped" is a flexible term. "preparing for shipment" to them MEANS it has technically shipped, so that's when they charge you for the item. basically that means that the warehouse has received a notification to package and ship it, but, as @NYRexall stated, that can sometimes take days to actually happen, which is bullshit.

sold one of my records on discogs this morning, and got a question from someone in the UK about shipping on a different record. i figured i'd pop it in a mailer and bring it with me to the post office to get the most accurate quote. i wish there was just a guide online that was like "here's what it costs to ship a standard gram record, in a nicely packed mailer, to the following countries:" but no, that would make our lives too easy, right? haha

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm sure I used USPS to get a quote once based on size and weight, but could well be imagining that. That's definitely how Royal Mail works in the UK.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'm sure I used USPS to get a quote once based on size and weight, but could well be imagining that. That's definitely how Royal Mail works in the UK.
    I won't ever buy from UK sellers on eBay, Discogs, Musicstack or Amazon. Pretty much every experience I've had buying from a UK seller has been a miserable one, for some bullshit reason or another

If you're shipping to you a UK seller, I'd charge them at least $30, which is the average equivalent of what they charge to ship an LP to the US..
    i had to ship something else anyway, so while i was at the USPS, i got a quote. $23 standard (cheapest) shipping to the UK for a single, standard-weight 12". jeeeeez.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Do y'all not order from Burning Shed ever? Pretty sure I paid something like that and they use the best LP mailers (that aren't 'frustration free' anyway).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some of todays listenings...

Last edited by BBomkamp; 02-07-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @NYRexall where did you pre-order placebo from again? sleeping with ghosts/meds haven't shown up for pre-order on SRC yet and i'm still nervous about trying to order from the official site, but i don't want to miss out on these (fine with the black vinyl, don't care about the more expensive colored versions).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Got Isis - Celestial black/gold merge reissue today. I had left a comment in my order and someone from the label responded to it on my receipt in the mailer! Important Records are awesome.

Also got Ulver - ATGCLVLSSCAP.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 02-09-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered mine from importcds.com awhile back, at like $27.99

I think ziarecords.com based in Arizona had it for about the same price as well
    just ordered sleeping with ghosts (on black) and meds (on pink, they didn't have the black but the pink was the same price as the black sleeping with ghosts, which is weird) for $29 each. i decided to do the extra $1.50 and get expedited shipping, hopefully that will work out in my favor. unfortunately, they charge 6.25% illinois sales tax, but what can you do?

on an even more positive note, that record that i sent down to mexico that me and the buyer thought was lost so i refunded her money? it arrived yesterday! 67 days after i shipped it! what the fuck? anyway, she's awesome so she was immediately like "let me send you back the $20 you just refunded me!" so cheers to responsible and decent people. and eff the USPS and whatever they do with things once they get to the border of mexico.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just a heads up:

Music Direct is doing a 20% all music sale on their site until Monday at Midnight. USE CODE: LOVE20

Just snagged the Friday Music 180g clear reissue of Bowie's 'Reality' for $25 w/ $10 Fedex 2 day air shipping.

(Funny enough, people are sailing this exact release on Discogs for $150+)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I know this thread is vinyl focused and I love that, (you all have beautiful collections/love all the pictures) but is there a place for "all" music collecting in general or is there a separate cassette or cd music collecting thread?

Id love to talk/share everything in my music collection, but I know if I post up a cassette or something in this vinyl thread some members might let me know how wrong I am being in numerous ways haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just picked up...

The Hateful Eight OST - Holy Shit! this one sounds amazing. Amazing press, amazing score.

Grimes - Geidi Primes - Never listened to this before. Sounds perfect for a rainy day. Got some surface noise, but nothing thats a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Last Week - The Sister's Of Mercy - First And Last And Always collection
    Just now - The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore (yeah I'm way late on this)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This is likely impossible, but I'll ask anyway:

Can the ATLP60, which is automatic and only has 7" or 12" settings, play 10" records?

I don't wanna push the arm around if it's not designed to do that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    picked these up today at my local shop

yazoo / yaz - upstairs at eric's
    this pressing is weird because it actually says "yazoo" under the sticker on the front, as well as on the spine, but on the record labels themselves, it says "yaz". plus it's got that gold promo stamp. oh well, it was only $8, which is great.

ministry - with sympathy
    the only ministry album i like. been meaning to grab it for a while. the cover's not in great shape but the record is close to NM so i'm happy.

also, here are the three oingo boingo records i gave my wife for valentine's day:

dead man's party (new pressing on transparent red)
    nothing to fear (original pressing)
    BOI-NGO (original pressing)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    WARP Records

DOMINO Records

MATADOR Records

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    today's arrivals:

the black queen - fever daydream 2xLP on clear

grimes - geidi primes (new pressing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    This is likely impossible, but I'll ask anyway:

Can the ATLP60, which is automatic and only has 7" or 12" settings, play 10" records?

I don't wanna push the arm around if it's not designed to do that.
    I believe it has an up-down button to raise or lower the arm. Once raised you can push it into position, as if you were skipping ahead in a 12". Then drop it with the up-down button.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

some recent buys over the past few weeks:

not drowning, waving- another pond (behind it is the little desert)
    the wild swans- bringing home the ashes
    pink turns blue- if two worlds kiss
    one life- one life 12''
    into paradise- into paradise (behind it is churchtown)
    lemon avenue- love and necromancy
    pauline murray and the invisible girls- pauline murray and the invisible girls (martin hannett!)
    harry- caos 12''
    vanishing breed- vanishing breed 12''
    the silent reach- melancholy love song 12''
    mccarthy- should the bible be banned? 12'' (pre-stereolab!)
    fred banana combo- fred banana combo
    passions- passions
    norma loy- sacrifice
    biff bang pow!- love is forever
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 02-17-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Had a nice weekend away in Harrogate/Ripon area (near York), visited a retro shop and picked up some records. Also the latest Bowie finally turned up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    yeah, if anyone was waiting to grab Blackstar, it's back in print! i almost bought it on saturday but i'm trying to slow down on how many records i'm buying right now : /

also, importcds no long has "sleeping with ghosts" by placebo even listed on their website...so i really hope that it actually makes it to me. i still have it in my order confirmation even on their site, but the order page doesn't have clickable links for items. i'm confused and worried. : /

: /

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    finally got a good copy of 0AR001 and completed my Oni Ayhun (olof dreijer) collection