Page 66 of 195 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Only 2 releases that I really wanted... The Prodigy ft. Sleaford Mods - "Ibiza" 7" glow in the dark vinyl and Amon Tobin's "Dark Jovian" white rubber vinyl release (which got delayed until 5/5 here in North America)
    So I found a local shop in Amityville, NY that only got in 2 of the "Ibiza" vinyls and was able to get my hands on one.
    Then in the afternoon I just happened to call a shop in Brooklyn and they had 1 copy left and the girl said she would hold it if I was definitely coming down today.
    So I said hell yeah and drove close to 2 hours with traffic to get their last copy.
    Luckily I was able to preorder one of the Amon Tobin 2LP release that's coming out on 5/5.
    That was my RSD.

(not my actual image, but so you can get an idea)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    That Run The Jewels I clear vinyl came out very nice. How does it sound?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Neko Case fox confessor brings the flood
    The Dresden Dolls virginia monologues

I think I did pretty well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sucks not having a local (or close) record/CD/music store nearby to participate in this.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Fuck me, U2 released their LP as a limited run??

My haul was pretty basic. I got the white stripes release and this badass son of a bitch

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The TR vocal mix is notably different than the mix that has been floating around for years

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

I was going to look for the ministry release. I liked the fact it was mostly CD; really the live 12" is a bit superfluous imho. Going to see what mopping up I can do at the shops this week.

Edit to finish the story: I travelled into town to go to a record fair that was on to coincide with RSD. Picked up true faith 7" and a durutti column flexi, the penguin cafe orchestra record on Obscure and (highlight) orbital - beached 12". Decided to give the shops a miss and went straight home.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I got to the record store at 6 a.m. where I live and I was already like 20th in line. By 8 a.m. when the doors opened, there were like 100 more behind me

Really wanted Brand New's 'Deja Entendu' RSD release, but they only had one copy (wtf?) and like the first guy in line grabbed it

Oh well. I still made out alright. Born to Run, Nebraska and Born In The U.S.A. by Springsteen, Run the Jewels 2, and the Shallow Believer b-sides album by The Used because I own their first two albums on vinyl from way back and wanted the closure.

Almost bought Cash's Live in Prague album, but opted for his American IV: The Man Comes Around album (the one with 'Hurt'!) for a few dollars more instead.

They had shitloads of Social Distortion's first album, U2's latest one, and that Temples EP at both places I went to. I never even saw The Foo Fighters RSD release, Run the Jewels 1 or Siouxsie's 'Join Hands', all of which I would have grabbed.

I also wanted the Red House Painters 4AD LP boxset, but apparently that wasn't released yet, even though it was listed as amn RSD exclusive? It's already fetching upwards of $500 on Ebay for when it does become available. The store owner here is presumably getting two copies and is going to give me a call if that happens. I don't even want to imagine what the going price is going to be.

Not as thrilling an RSD as year's past, but still fun as all hell regardless. Do we really have to wait another year to do it again?
    Possibly a US thing, the Red House Painters boxset was out here in the UK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good haul man.
    Does the Run The Jewels have the handcuffed fist on the record, or is the record completely clear?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBomkamp View Post
    Good haul man.
    Does the Run The Jewels have the handcuffed fist on the record, or is the record completely clear?
    The record's a clear smokey gray color, but the fists are on the background of the sleeve.

I didn't nab a whole bunch this year! I was on the fence about a few things, and other things were sold out, but decided to cut it a smidge short to save some money.

The Walking Dead Soundtrack, Vol. 2
    Shogun Assassin Soundtrack
    Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly (Fucking beautiful album!)
    Run the Jewels
    D'angelo and The Vanguard - The Charade/1,000 Deaths 7"
    The Black Keys/Junior Kimbrough - Meet Me In The City 7"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    The record's a clear smokey gray color, but the fists are on the background of the sleeve.

I didn't nab a whole bunch this year! I was on the fence about a few things, and other things were sold out, but decided to cut it a smidge short to save some money.

The Walking Dead Soundtrack, Vol. 2
    Shogun Assassin Soundtrack
    Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly (Fucking beautiful album!)
    Run the Jewels
    The Black Keys/Junior Kimbrough - Meet Me In The City 7"
    Wait to pimp a butterfly is available on vinyl?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Wait to pimp a butterfly is available on vinyl?
    It's a bootleg.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's a bootleg.
    I think he's right. I heard about it online somewhere the other day, and had to look into it. I couldn't even really find it mentioned anywhere at all, and any other listings I saw for sale already were labeled "unofficial."

I mean, that wasn't enough for me to not buy it, but hey. Even if an official release was on the way, I'd totally buy another copy.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Big haul for me this year on Record Store Day! Here's what I ended up getting on Saturday.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    If anyone comes across the U2 record please pick it up and I'll pay you for it!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

£180 for the ministry box here!

I picked up a marnie 7" (ladytron singer solo project), that's it so far. Going to try another on Wednesday.

Edit: might grab the crispy ambulance one
    Last edited by jmtd; 04-20-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i didn't make it to RSD (i was feeling pretty shitty and my band had a show saturday night) but my bandmate picked up the swans EP for me. he said there were four dudes who got there at 10pm the night before, and they were the only four who ended up with Deja Entendu, which is insane.

i stopped in to a different store the day before and found a decent copy of gary numan's telekon for $10. pretty happy about that!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A few nice RSD leftovers today, but my wallet had to settle for:

Thin Lizzy - Thunder And Lightning (u)
    ZZ Top - Deguello (u)
    Ted Nugent - Great Gonzos! (u)
    Lil' Ed And The Blues Imperials - Roughhousin' (u)
    Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (says 'Super Deluxe' on the back, just has thicker cover & vinyl, u)

Been waiting for the funds to catch up to get Steve Earle's 'Terraplane' on 180. Got the deluxe edition CD/DVD & listen to it 2+ times a day. I've been stuffing it in to others' ears, as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @Alrea I'm so jealous that you got the RTJ release. My local record shop owner released my copy before I got there. Grrrr....

Here is what I made out with for RSD:

David Bowie: Changes 7"
    Johnny Mar: I Feel You 7"

I'm bummed about not getting RTJ, A-Ha and Tears for Fears

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Looks like some of the U2 12" were packaged with TOOL's Opiate EP

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl...spinning-tool/

and then today I came across this 12" for $5 and I couldn't pass it up. As it turns out, its some semi-decent San Francisco punk band.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Still waiting on my copies of Post and Vespertine coloured records. Pissed off that bleep.com don't have the decency to even let me know they're gonna be late too. Customer service you fucking wankhandles

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Hopefully the new pressing of Inception sounds better than the first. My OG copy I have is plagued with endless amounts of excruciating surface noise.
    The new pressing sounds really clean, opening minute aside.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Can't seem to find any UK retailers with the new inception pressing

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    on its way to me is a copy of the 2xLP 45RPM version of Mastodon's "Crack The Skye"
    someone finally put up a NM condition (still sealed) for a relatively reasonable price ($135) and i jumped on it.
    i literally refused to buy a copy of the single LP version because they shortened a lot of the songs to make them fit, since the album is so long.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Last edited by Jon; 04-27-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Woah, where did you find that United Nations LP??

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Woah, where did you find that United Nations LP??
    I pre-ordered way back in the day and then forgot about it, ended up moving. Flash forward to today (almost 7 years later!), and it's sitting sealed in the original Eyeball Records package with other forwarded mail at my mom's house. I never ended up getting my 'Never Mind The Bombings...' vinyl, though. Also found the original CD release with the flaming Abbey Road cover.

The vinyl has the same insert (which I didn't picture) only "vinyl size". Limited, non-numbered edition of 2500.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    What are you guys using for outside sleeve protection. My favorite vinyl store shut down a couple years ago where I bought Japanese resealable ones. Now i can't find any protection for my gatefolds. I found them here http://www.musicdirect.com/showprodu...er-sleeves-100

but the shipping is 13 dollars. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been listening to records all morning with my best friend who's in town right now.

so far:
    Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals (way, way better with the alternate track order; it feels so much more cohesive)
    Broadcast - The Noise Made By People
    Godspeed You Black Emperor - Asunder Sweet And Other Distress (currently listening; absolutely gorgeous)

next up will likely be Isis - Celestial

also, managed to snag a copy of The Guest score from Mondo this morning, so i'm a happy camper! they're doing free shipping this week, too, so jump on it! they still have the halloween II + III scores that i'm considering getting...but i shouldn't spend the money

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...but i shouldn't spend the money
    Is this not the case with literally every record purchase ever?!