Page 61 of 195 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 5833

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    How is the Moon soundtrack? I'm still on the fence about picking it up or not
    It's fantastic. Clint Mansell's best work outside of his Aranofsky calabos.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    my favorite is his work for the fountain along side mogwai and kronos quartet, but moon is my second fav. praying that fountain gets the vinyl treatment it deserves!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    my favorite is his work for the fountain along side mogwai and kronos quartet, but moon is my second fav. praying that fountain gets the vinyl treatment it deserves!
    Yeah for sure, his Fountain score is the best thing he's ever done. It's currently my number 1 "Wish it was on vinyl" release.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    I usually won't pay over 40 bucks for a single album on vinyl, but I'd pay way more than that for The Fountain on vinyl.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    MOON

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Bit the bullet and ordered Moon for 15 bucks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well this would make a lovely vinyl set.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    God the score for Moon was gorgeous, congrats !
    I always pair it with Sunshine when I put it on my ipod, because slight OCD and the symmetry makes me happy. And both scores are amazing to me.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    Well this would make a lovely vinyl set.
    I am patiently waiting for that... It's the best film/score I've ever seen/heard in my life. Never been so moved by a film.

That CD box is pretty wicked btw. I picked that up a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I am patiently waiting for that... It's the best film/score I've ever seen/heard in my life. Never been so moved by a film.

That CD box is pretty wicked btw. I picked that up a few weeks ago.
    I would love to get a hold of a copy, but they do not ship to Australia?! Ebay prices are already way out in orbit. Amazon UK has a set for £42 which equates to over 80AUD, not including shipping.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Finally got Kevin Devine's "Brother's Blood" on vinyl. This guy's hit or miss for me, but this particular album is a fucking home run. It was out of print for the longest time, recently came out in three limited variants (200 purple/blue swirl, 400 clear w/black and red splatter, 400 black) and I picked up the two colored variants.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    I would love to get a hold of a copy, but they do not ship to Australia?! Ebay prices are already way out in orbit. Amazon UK has a set for £42 which equates to over 80AUD, not including shipping.
    PM me. I'll grab one for you if you'd like?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    Bit the bullet and ordered Moon for 15 bucks.
    where did you pick it up for $15?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    where did you pick it up for $15?
    A private seller on Amazon.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    YES!!! My copy of Lost Themes by John Carpenter came in today!!! You guys SERIOUSLY need to pick this LP up, its AMAZINGLY good.....I can't stop listening to it. (I'm pretty sure the code has been used but still feel free to try and snag it just in case it hasnt)

and I just made this purchase today. Hands down the most expensive record I have ever purchased (I did manage to talk the price down to $200) - The story behind this record is kinda cool. EasyStreetRecords in West Seattle bought a SEALED box of Nirvana LPs from an Exec. that used to work for Geffen Records. There were 8 copies of In Utero that are pressed on clear vinyl which are still sealed and 6 copies of Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. None of these have ever seen the head of a needle and I can safely say that this copy of Nevermind is the mintiest copy you will ever find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP Thank you! The code worked just fine. "Wraith" and "Night" are my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Picked up a 2012 Japanese repress of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless today. It might be a bootleg press but I'm not entirely sure.

2xLP in a single sleeve. Includes tracks from the Tremolo EP and other b-sides

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new stuff:

old man gloom - NO (clear/smoke)
    heiress - of great sorrow (clear/grey w/gold splatter)

murder by death - big dark love (blue-green) / murder by death/samantha crain 7" split / framed (poster art book)

murder by death - vinyl slipmat / sticker / whiskey crew patch / autographed poster

not pictured: whiskey crew t-shirt

all the murder by death stuff came from my pledge to their latest kickstarter campaign. they really know how to take care of their fans. can't wait to see them in may and finally be part of the whiskey crew! (took me long enough, i've seen them over 15 times in 13 years)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    new stuff:

all the murder by death stuff came from my pledge to their latest kickstarter campaign. they really know how to take care of their fans. can't wait to see them in may and finally be part of the whiskey crew! (took me long enough, i've seen them over 15 times in 13 years)
    They're such a great band. So nice in person as well. Adam recognized me for making a video of the Big Lebowski with their cover of "Just Walked In". That was super cool. I got the Mystery Package perk from their Kickstarter. They sent me a book called "Devil In The White City" about HH Holmes, which is really good so far.

The Whiskey Crew thing is pretty neat. I got a discount at their merch booth plus a few free goodies.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Received "The Imitation Game" (Alexandre Desplat) today.
    I'm having trouble uploading the pic because:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (193890 characters). Please shorten it to 20000 characters long.

It is #165 of 750.

In the time I received the 'order shipped' status of my "Gone Girl" LP, I purchased and received this LP from the UK

EDIT- here is an imgur link of my purchase.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 02-10-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Since we don't have a "vinyl" marketplace on here...

Im looking to get a copy of the 28 Days Later soundtrack on vinyl. If anyone has a copy and willing to part please PM me. Willing to buy or trade.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    OMG.....Living two minutes away from Easy Street Records is very dangerous! I just picked these two up today....

and I FINALLY have my hands on a gold promo stamp copy of Unknown Pleasures!!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    Picked up a 2012 Japanese repress of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless today. It might be a bootleg press but I'm not entirely sure.

2xLP in a single sleeve. Includes tracks from the Tremolo EP and other b-sides

Sadly, all of those 2012 represses are all bootlegs. The quality is still amazing though, I bought some of the Rammstein bootlegs from Japan and they sound fantastic (even if they are sourced from Mp3s)

If you're interested, Easy Street Records just got this in today and I snapped a photo because I remember you saying you bought the bootleg. This is the original 2003 Audiophile release.....let me know if you want it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I dont understand how that record store gets SO MANY rare items. None of the record stores in Kansas City or even out in Lawrence even get like 1% of the rare shit you find at Easy Street. I'm super jealous. I could never afford any of it, but dammit, what I wouldn't do to just hold some of that shit in my hands. By the way, @NotoriousTIMP , how much was that Uber Deluxe Achtung Baby set you posted on Instagram. I imagine even used, it was probably like $300. That set is legit my #1 Unrealistic White Wale item on my list.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I dont understand how that record store gets SO MANY rare items. None of the record stores in Kansas City or even out in Lawrence even get like 1% of the rare shit you find at Easy Street. I'm super jealous. I could never afford any of it, but dammit, what I wouldn't do to just hold some of that shit in my hands. By the way, @NotoriousTIMP, how much was that Uber Deluxe Achtung Baby set you posted on Instagram. I imagine even used, it was probably like $300. That set is legit my #1 Unrealistic White Wale item on my list.
    they wanted $400 for it and sadly its pretty beaten up. If I could get it for $300 I might bite.....we'll see, they know me know by first name so maybe I can work my way into a price break

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 02-11-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    MAIL DAY TODAY!!!! pardon my messy kitchen island

Nirvana - Bleach 2014 Bootleg pressing
    Nirvana - Incesticide 2014 Bootleg pressing
    Marilyn Manson - Hot Topic variant (I've now got all three!!)

For a bootleg the Nirvana LPs are amazing. Bleach is pressed on 180g.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Very nice 'Incesticide'.

Got a new Audio Techinca stylus for my shitty Sony deck in the mail today. EVERYTHING sounds brand-new. Especially P.E.'s 'Black Planet' reissue.

*Sigh*

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This may not be a popular thing to love around here, but fuck it, old horror movies, punk influence, pianos, fantastically competing guitars, bombastic drums, eyeliner and flirtatious misery are all sounding great to me on this reissue:

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I have wanted the Cannibal Holocaust soundtrack on vinyl for years, and now it is finally out!
    US variant: http://mondotees.com/products/cannibal-holocaust-lp
    EU variants: http://www.onewaystatic.com/

I went for the Valentine's Red edition because €8 cheaper and I prefer the gruesome cover

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Mondo is selling the score to cannibal halocaust. Just got it now. The score is actually great. I guess everyone went for that ugly Friday the 13th print . Meh

Edit oops didn't see above's post
    Last edited by Rdm; 02-13-2015 at 11:55 AM.