Page 44 of 195 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 5833

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Picked up Kevin Devine's "Bubblegum" at a show last week. He signed it for me, which was nice. What was also nice, though, was when I finally took it out to give it a spin and realized it was the super limited clear variant that was supposed to be exclusive to Kickstarter pledgers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Also, I'm planning to pick up the Coraline soundtrack on Tuesday. This is the problem with vinyl: awesome artwork makes me buy stuff even if I'm not particularly fond of the music. This never happened with CDs.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Vinyl safely moved to my parents house until I've moved house next week. Didn't feel like trusting it to the movers.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Also, I'm planning to pick up the Coraline soundtrack on Tuesday. This is the problem with vinyl: awesome artwork makes me buy stuff even if I'm not particularly fond of the music. This never happened with CDs.
    holy fuck I didn't know that was coming out, shit I need to find £35 now

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For fans of The Prodigy, XL is finally releasing a special edition of their singles collection titled "Their Law" as a double silver colored vinyl release.
    "Their Law" was originally only released as a single disc and a special double disc that included bonus unreleased material.
    Not only does the singles disc include the band's hits spanning 15 years, but also newly updated mixes of classic tracks recorded for this release.
    Doesn't say if it's 180 gram or not... I really hope they don't flake out, do it proper XL and give us 180 gram vinyl.
    Wish the bonus disc was also released on vinyl since included a bunch of awesome tracks, such as "Back 2 Skool," "Razor," "Voodoo Beats," "No Man Army [ft. Tom Morello]," Molotov Bitch," along with many, many more rare tracks, new remixes, and live cuts from the vaults.

Last edited by neorev; 06-07-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Hurry the Jurassic park vinyls are about sold out

EDIT-sold out. Geez those went fast

version A still available .

i was able to get a, b and the poster.
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-11-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Hurry the Jurassic park vinyls are about sold out

EDIT-sold out. Geez those went fast

version A still available .

i was able to get a, b and the poster.
    I just got mine. Went for version A because I didn't like the other art at all. Although, being a collector I wish version A was the limited one.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I really wanted that B version. Sucks that they go on sale at a random time in the day when you're at work and can't be at a computer.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    I really wanted that B version. Sucks that they go on sale at a random time in the day when you're at work and can't be at a computer.

To me the B version art looks really cheap.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I just got mine. Went for version A because I didn't like the other art at all. Although, being a collector I wish version A was the limited one.

I was stuck at work, but had a friend who managed to snag version B for me.

BTW, you know you're not guaranteed to get that color with version A, right? Most of them will be black, with that color randomly inserted.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Fully aware that not all are dilophosuarus colored. I am just a huge Jurassic Park fan. Really wanted both.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Scored both Version A and Version B this morning. Super excited about it. Absolutely one of my favorite scores ever.

Also RITCNIN, for future reference, should you ever want another Mondo release, they say "Random Time" but that REALLY just means anytime between 10 and 11. They rarely ever drop before or after then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I really respect what you just said. So many people are scrambling to get the rarest, most elaborate version of whatever on vinyl but you just picked what you thought looked better! Props dude! You rule!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I went for version B, because as a kid, the idea of an ancient mosquito trapped in amber fascinated me to no end, so the vinyl looking like that was an instant buy for me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    An oldie, but I was tidying up my 7"s ready to move

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just grabbed version A of the JP soundtrack too. Couldn't stand the design of the limited one (which is lucky because I didn't get online early enough to grab one anyway)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Also RITCNIN, for future reference, should you ever want another Mondo release, they say "Random Time" but that REALLY just means anytime between 10 and 11. They rarely ever drop before or after then.
    Thanks for that. I had only recently heard of Mondo because of the JP vinyl release. Now looking at all the artwork they had, I definitely would've loved to pick up some of those for my brother. (like the Spider-Man ones). Also had no clue the Oblivion vinyl was released by them as well.

Version B vinyl artwork is simple, that is why I liked it. Regardless of being "limited" or not. I would've liked to have gotten it just because there is not that much JP stuff floating around these days.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

FINALLY got my hands on this for $65

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^

i just got a vinyl boner. hnnnnngh...

as a thank you for helping out and playing in the band at his wedding last weekend, my friend/bandmate got me this:

i'm really excited as i've never really heard any of jason molina's stuff, but he thinks i'll love it.

also, "born into trouble as the sparks fly upward" by silver mt. zion on 2x10" came in the mail today!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

FINALLY got my hands on this for $65
    Sweet. I have that but I want the German version.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Pickups from the last few weeks.

Melvins/Isis split 12" marbled pink.
    Isis - Temporal 3x12" black
    Old Man Gloom - Meditations in B 12" black
    Split Cranium 12" clear
    Isis - The Red Sea 8" marbled grey
    Isis - The Red Sea 8" marbled pink
    Isis/Pig Destroyer split 7"

Big Black Delta 2x12"

Surachai discography:
    Plague Diagram 12" clear

To No Avail 12" black
    Embraced 12" black (I've had this one since last year, but had to include it with the rest of Surachai's releases for the pic)
    Ritual 12" black

These should be self explanatory.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Arrivals:

Tobacco - Ultima II (Hand Dipped out of 300)
    Andrew Bird - Noble Beast
    St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
    The Horrors - Luminous (Deluxe signed by band)
    Sharon Van Etten (Deluxe clear version w/ signed kodak etc)
    Puscifer - C is For...
    Mica Levi - Under The Skin
    Crystal Castles - III
    John Williams - Jurassic Park (Version B)
    Majical Cloudz - Tour Journals

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone else grab the Jack White Ultra LP? It's super gimmicky but boy is it a lot of fun. The hologram genuinely looks like it's floating above the record. So cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Anyone else grab the Jack White Ultra LP? It's super gimmicky but boy is it a lot of fun. The hologram genuinely looks like it's floating above the record. So cool.
    I'm hoping my copy will arrive in a few days. It certainly is gimmicky but I'm hoping I can inspire friends to get into vinyl with it. I love how over the top they went with it all too, it wasn't good enough to just have one or two little gimmicks they had to shove every trick onto this one release.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    I'm hoping my copy will arrive in a few days. It certainly is gimmicky but I'm hoping I can inspire friends to get into vinyl with it. I love how over the top they went with it all too, it wasn't good enough to just have one or two little gimmicks they had to shove every trick onto this one release.
    Picked it up but can't play it until my record player is unpacked. Hoping it isn't one of the pressing error ones!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I grabbed a regular copy on release day, there is a clear skip between the electric intro for "Just One Drink" & the rest of the song (TMR claims this is unavoidable due to the converging grooves) but other than that it sounds perfect, the songs all benefit tremendously from being played from an uncompressed source. My turntable can't play the label tracks so I can't say anything about them but the angel holograms on side A are beautifully clear, you can even make them out when you're just holding the record in the right light. They're one of the coolest things I've ever seen, I hope more artists use something like them in the future.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Have you heard about the eno/Hyde virtual record graphic? How does it compare to that? http://warp.net/records/enohyde/app

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    a few years ago, at my old place, i found a big stack of records outside near the dumpster. some of them were in surprisingly good condition, so i kept them (muppet movie soundtrack, alice in wonderland soundtrack, dune soundtrack, and four XTC records).

i didn't get into XTC til recently, and i finally spun two of their albums yesterday. "making plans for nigel" is my favorite song by them but, somehow, i ended up with the version of "drums & wires" that DOESN'T have that song on it

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    How's the dune soundtrack? I've only heard the eno track, which is good but (when I subsequently rewatched the movie) massively overused in the film itself. I've not heard anything else by toto but I gather they're respected. Rumour has it eno did a full score for the movie but only that one track got used. I wonder if it leaked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Recently completed my collection of mewithoutYou's "Ten Stories" era.

-Box set on 180g icy blue (with clear Other Stories 7")
    -Box set on 180g audiophile black (with black Other Stories 7")
    -Standard pressing on charcoal blue
    -Other Stories 7" on trans-orange
    -Other Stories 7" on trans-orange, signed tour exclusive
    -4x February, 1878 7" (on trans blue, yellow, red and green)

Also picked up Skold's Neverland 12", Archers of Loaf's White Trash Heroes, Johnny Cash's American IV and the Breaking Bad Score ("Jesse Pinkman Pink" variant)