Page 19 of 195 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    My pressing of 13th Step is 180g. Bought it on Amazon a year ago. Sounds great.
    >.< lucky. i bought mine whenever it came out, probably at virgin megastore.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got the fourth of the Young Widows 7" splits today. so happy!

TL - bonnie prince billy, TR - melt banana, BL - my disco, & BR - pelican.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    New (old) record day

Warren Zevon - The Envoy
    Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell
    Meat Loaf - Midnight at the lost and found
    2001: A Space Odyssey OST (original pressing)
    Billie Holiday - Lady Day: Me Myself and I (rarities)
    Blue Note compilation

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Got this little pup in the mail today. No way to hear it until my setup is going again...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^Nice! tell us how does the vinyl sound when you get the chance to listen to it.

Just bought the Deerhunter - Monomania LP and I received the Shigeto - Lineage (Redux) last week. Looking forward to listen to them after I return to home (visiting my parents this week).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to get one of these very rare drive ost due knowing a girl who works at the beat in Sacramento

I got number 8 out of thousand

now I hate not opening vinyl but I think I will be keeping this one sealed

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest acquisition: "tail swallower and dove" by these arms are snakes

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I was lucky enough to get one of these very rare drive ost due knowing a girl who works at the beat in Sacramento

I got number 8 out of thousand

now I hate not opening vinyl but I think I will be keeping this one sealed
    That's awesome that you obtained this, but I really hate to be a debbie downer. That Mond-008 references the catalogue number of the release. They aren't individually numbered. Sorry dude!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Lol . It's all good I kind of already had the feeling

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    my collection

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i like that you have a chess board next to your turntable (though i'm worried about the lack of a cover )

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The chess board is the gza record store day set and I don't cover because i lost it and I'm getting a new one probably next week

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Got this little pup in the mail today. No way to hear it until my setup is going again...

It sounds great! Just wish it was at least an ep worth of tracks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here are my last couple weeks of arrivals....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did some rearranging the other night and framed a few setlists.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Might have gotten a little out of control this month. and theres still 4 or 5 more coming... Not sure how I managed to not stop myself...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just picked up the new Deerhunter album. Classy ass packaging, with the printed interior and all. Sounds phenomenal too.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    What version of the DRIVE OST is that, the picture disc?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP I dont have the drive soundtrack. Unless youre talking to someone else? Which record are you looking at?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

We're redoing our place. So we took the tv off the wall and put it in my studio. We don't really watch tv. And I brought all my records and gear out from my office and set it up in the living room in its place.

My wife found this old dewie decimal system that works great if you remove some of the drawers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not an original picture, im too lazy. but i grabbed one of these today..

innerpartysystem - dont stop single (chocolate vinyl)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I just preordered the new Snowden and ordered the new Gliss album.

Somebody make me stop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just got the 4 glam-metal Pantera albums on vinyl! I also bought Chinese Democracy on Vinyl for 3 dollars! Ebay rocks! I am also order the new Phil Anselmo solo album. How do I post pictures?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey_mcpot View Post
    not an original picture, im too lazy. but i grabbed one of these today..

innerpartysystem - dont stop single (chocolate vinyl)

Wow holy shit I forgot aaaaaall about that band. Are they even still around? I remember everyone clamoring for NIN to use them as an opener back in the day.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Wow holy shit I forgot aaaaaall about that band. Are they even still around? I remember everyone clamoring for NIN to use them as an opener back in the day.
    i think they broke up last year. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "hiatus"

i really hope they pull their shit together cause theyre one of the few bands that can successfully pull off the genre. i really dig his voice too. as for the vinyl, i dont even want to touch it and risk fucking it up lol, been hunting one of these down for about 3 years now.
    Last edited by smokey_mcpot; 05-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    that brings up an interesting discussion. do you guys collect just to have or collect to listen to? i used to be precious about records, especially considering what i collect is $100+ coldwave and minimal synth records from 1980s europe, but as a DJ, i prefer to spin records. i never get drunk enough to not care how i'm handling them, and i have a record cleaner to keep the dust and dirt out as best as possible, so they generally stay in good shape, outside of sleeve stress as i'm spinning, but i've never been too particular about cover shape.

the way i see it, they're meant to be enjoyed. if it's a new release, chances are you have it backed up elsewhere at hi quality. if it's a rare recording, rip it to wav/flac, back it up incessantly, and enjoy. sure, i've scuffed a few precious vinyls up and had to replace them (or depending on how impossible to find they are, dealt with it) but the enjoyment i've gotten and given vastly overshadows my need to keep everything NM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    that brings up an interesting discussion. do you guys collect just to have or collect to listen to? i used to be precious about records, especially considering what i collect is $100+ coldwave and minimal synth records from 1980s europe, but as a DJ, i prefer to spin records. i never get drunk enough to not care how i'm handling them, and i have a record cleaner to keep the dust and dirt out as best as possible, so they generally stay in good shape, outside of sleeve stress as i'm spinning, but i've never been too particular about cover shape.

the way i see it, they're meant to be enjoyed. if it's a new release, chances are you have it backed up elsewhere at hi quality. if it's a rare recording, rip it to wav/flac, back it up incessantly, and enjoy. sure, i've scuffed a few precious vinyls up and had to replace them (or depending on how impossible to find they are, dealt with it) but the enjoyment i've gotten and given vastly overshadows my need to keep everything NM.
    I buy vinyl to listen to it, but I also like getting the special editions or limited pressings as well. Not so much as "oh this will be worth so much in 10 years" but just because I'm a sucker for marketing and always feel like I need the cooler version. I don't frame them or leave them unopened either. So I guess, I'm a collector but not a collector in the traditional sense. I "take my toys out of the box" if you will.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I buy vinyl to listen to it, but I also like getting the special editions or limited pressings as well. Not so much as "oh this will be worth so much in 10 years" but just because I'm a sucker for marketing and always feel like I need the cooler version. I don't frame them or leave them unopened either. So I guess, I'm a collector but not a collector in the traditional sense. I "take my toys out of the box" if you will.
    ditto. i'm such a sucker for box sets and special editions, but i also like to actually listen to my records. i clean every side of every record with a static master before i play it so they stay in good condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i listen to them when i first buy them, then every once in awhile. i just dont want to touch the IPS single cause its pressed on chocolate, lol.