Page 168 of 195 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 5845

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Yesterday I spent 4 hours locked in my workplace because of a phony goddamned hostage ransom call. Took hours for the police to determine everything was safe.

I really , really needed to come home to this waiting for me.
    So... Ubisoft huh?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    exactly my thought. "that narrows it down..."

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yes. Not too many of those happened yesterday, did they?

As relieved as I am nobody was injured, hearing all sorts of tales about people with guns and 2 million ransom demands was harrowing. Hope they find the chucklefuck who thought he was funny.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So I picked up The Crow soundtrack and I noticed that the title logo on the records themselves is in blue rather than red. The front cover does have the logo in red though. Anyone else's copy have blue logos on the vinyl labels? Any clue what that means? No info on discogs so far...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    So I picked up The Crow soundtrack and I noticed that the title logo on the records themselves is in blue rather than red. The front cover does have the logo in red though. Anyone else's copy have blue logos on the vinyl labels? Any clue what that means? No info on discogs so far...
    I noticed mine have blue too. Maybe a printing error. I haven’t really looked into it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    No info on discogs so far...
    There is one comment that mentions that they also got blue printing but as far as I can tell, no details other than that. Maybe y'all are lucky.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    There is one comment that mentions that they also got blue printing but as far as I can tell, no details other than that. Maybe y'all are lucky.
    Yeah, I left a comment in response to that comment. Hopefully it's a more rare version that's worth ten times the original! Maybe it's a misprint??

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

AC/DC and Joan Jett for that other project and the Ramones for me to complete that new mix... and if can take the photos I want the way I want, should be all ready to go by tomorrow sometime.. or Monday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I am. All. Over. This.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Palm Reader - Braille

Last edited by Archive_Reports; 11-24-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Ugh... So, I ordered what was advertised as the 2012 official reissue of Mechanical Animals from Discogs and was super excited because the seller mentioned that it's sealed. Well, he was right about that, but this is one of those damn unofficial releases with the CD track listing. I'm going to see if he'll refund me the difference because I paid $250 for something I didn't get.

Edit: I haven't opened it, but, jesus, the artwork is terrible. It looks like a blown up JPEG. You can see the pixels.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 11-25-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi there fellow vinyl lovers! So, it's that time of year again where there's lots of sales on good equipment. Plus, I'm getting a holiday bonus at work this year and am looking to possibly upgrade my system, so looking for recommendations on what to tackle first. Here's my setup:
    • AT-LP120 w/ Ortofon Red
    • NAD PP 2i Phono Preamp
    • Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver
    • Wharfedale Diamond 220s

My budget is ~$500 give/take. I was thinking about upgrading my turntable, but everyone on reddit is telling me to not bother if I'm not going to spend at least $700. So that's not exactly helping. I was considering the Fluance RT-85 but everyone said it's too cheap and only for aesthetics and I need to get a "real" turntable. Sigh. Maybe a subwoofer? Does anybody use subwoofers with their vinyl setup, and if so, what do you recommend? Just looking for some guidance here. I mean, if my budget isn't enough to make a noticeable difference, then hey, I'm sure my wife would love to hear that I'm not going spend it on my hobby, lol. Anyway, thanks for any potential feedback.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Ugh... So, I ordered what was advertised as the 2012 official reissue of Mechanical Animals from Discogs and was super excited because the seller mentioned that it's sealed. Well, he was right about that, but this is those damn unofficial releases with the CD track listing. I'm going to see if he'll refund me the difference because I paid $250 for something I didn't get.

Edit: I haven't opened it, but, jesus, the artwork is terrible. It looks like a blown up JPEG. You can see the pixels.
    That just sucks...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    He seems to be fine with remedying the situation. Even offered a discount on any of his other Manson records in addition to a refund.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just a heads up that we are having a 15% off everything in store sale over at Vinyl Devotion, this includes sale items and we just dropped a ton of prices last night.

NOTE: The 15% off will be on TOP of the price listed and will automatically apply at checkout.

We will end up taking a hit on some of them but trying to move some stock before we start the new year, if you have any questions about anything feel free to hit me up here directly.
    Last edited by Jaimie; 11-27-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    @The Doctor why not grab another cartridge within your budget? The Ortofon Red you have is good but you can go up to something like the Blue Quintet in that range (some recalibration will be necessary but it's a simple enough upgrade).
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Regarding the NIN/Bowie set: I'll preface this by saying I'm no audiophile by any means, but I listen to a lot of records and I've heard ones that sound good and ones that sound bad, and this set falls strongly in the 'sounds good' category.

Edit: there's some weird stuff happening at the beginning of a few of the Bowie songs. Sounds like skipping but I don't think it's the record, I think its just sloppily edited to cut the time down. Not sure though. Like at the beginning of We Prick You it sounds like he's starting to talk but then all of a sudden they're going into the song. Not super obtrusive and I still highly recommend this set for NIN fans, but I found that odd. I probably won't listen to it much anyway since I'm not a huge fan of 90s Bowie (I know that's sacreligious around here, but I wish he just played the original arrangements of the older songs instead of updating them all, which just makes them sound more dated today Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż)

Edit 2: also, Under Pressure sounds like crap for some reason. It's like it's from a different source or something. The songs immediately before and after it sound fine, so I don't know what happened there.
    Yeah, been spending a little time with it since I got mine from Earache (thanks @eversonpoe — hope things are calm enough around your place to enjoy some soothing music with baby!). Except for the weird scratchiness in "Under Pressure", and a couple of annoying skips in Bowie's set just as you mentioned (so I'm pretty sure they aren't just faults in my copy), this is... fine. It's mastered a little quietly, however, and since the source is a monaural DAT dub, it's definitely not up to the official standard of either artist. However, since it looks like we're not ever going to get a complete authorized representation of the entire show (Ouvrez le Chien is the closest thing Bowie's estate is going to give us, seemingly)... this will have to do.
    Last edited by botley; 11-30-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    If anyone comes across the STP exclusive at Walmart, PLEASE pick me up a copy. I missed out and none of my local spots have it in stock

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My Mondo TRON Legacy OST fiiiiinally came yesterday. Bah!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's a RSD vinyl that no one in the local area got so I'm a little bummed about that. not like it sold out, they just didn't get it. weird.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Pre-order for Cowboy Bebop (Original Soundtrack) by SEATBELTS is up at Black Screen Records...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Hi there fellow vinyl lovers! So, it's that time of year again where there's lots of sales on good equipment. Plus, I'm getting a holiday bonus at work this year and am looking to possibly upgrade my system, so looking for recommendations on what to tackle first. Here's my setup:
    • AT-LP120 w/ Ortofon Red
    • NAD PP 2i Phono Preamp
    • Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver
    • Wharfedale Diamond 220s

My budget is ~$500 give/take. I was thinking about upgrading my turntable, but everyone on reddit is telling me to not bother if I'm not going to spend at least $700. So that's not exactly helping. I was considering the Fluance RT-85 but everyone said it's too cheap and only for aesthetics and I need to get a "real" turntable. Sigh. Maybe a subwoofer? Does anybody use subwoofers with their vinyl setup, and if so, what do you recommend? Just looking for some guidance here. I mean, if my budget isn't enough to make a noticeable difference, then hey, I'm sure my wife would love to hear that I'm not going spend it on my hobby, lol. Anyway, thanks for any potential feedback.
    Looking at your set up, I think I'd probably either use the $500 to get a decent second hand turntable, or upgrade your front end: blow the $500 on a new pair of speakers, or - as you suggest - get a sub. The speakers you have are fine for the money but I'm sure you get something much better for $500 (particularly if you buy used). Or, a sub - if properly integrated - will really improve the presentation - not just deeper bass; adds a lot of scale. And you probably don't need to spend $500 on a sub for it to make a big difference.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Added this gem to the collection for $14!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This should sound really good....

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ YES! Always loved that album and the new press sounds really, really good (I got one in the big Studio Albums Vinyl Collection box set)... enjoy it @MrLobster !

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Just ordered the Actraiser vinyl. If you had an SNES you probably played this game. It was hands down the best audio on the system and almost the best game.

ActRaiser Original Soundtrack & Symphonic Suite (Vinyl)

I'm not 100% on the art - probably something to do with the games company and rights, stupid Square Enix - but just to have and hear the soundtrack will be enough for me. And a symphonic version on top of it? can't wait.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just ordered all of the classic Metallica albums on colored vinyl (Wal-mart exclusive). They look pretty cool, I'm glad I held out on buying them for a while.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

hi everyone!
    this arrived yesterday
    Australian copy, Black/White/Grey Galaxy vinyls,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 12-10-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @InsecureSpike is that a 1? as in you got number 1? damn!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @InsecureSpike is that a 1? as in you got number 1? damn!
    lol, yeah, very surprised, i actually didn’t notice, my wife pointed it out to me. i decided i’m not gonna open it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro