Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Doom

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Wish we could see the footage.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Not holding my breath but we'll see. No doubt going to be console focused.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    dat chainsaw gore!

nice to see environments opened up a bit more and not everything is drenched in shadow.

color me stoked.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ugh, looks great but wish they'd do one for the PS3 as well, no way can I afford a new console. I'll have to wait a few years for this

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Downloading the Closed Multiplayer Alpha for the new DooM. ^_^

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

HNNNG ALMOST HERE

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Y'all motherfuckers need this in your lives.

I don't give two shits about multiplayer, the SP campaign is all I need and it feels amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Y'all motherfuckers need this in your lives.

I don't give two shits about multiplayer, the SP campaign is all I need and it feels amazing.
    i played for 2 hours day and it was tons of fun, can't wait to get more time with it!
    i am reading about the game having various issues (for me when i first launched the game, it totally skipped the intro if there is one? so far...) i guess i shouldn't be surprised but.. i dunno i guess i was hoping this would be a smooth launch for the game

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm on PS4. I've heard about a few crashes, but it's been okay for me so far, no problems that weren't a direct cause of me unloading a shotgun clip into a barrel two feet in front of my face once time accidentally.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This game is hammer of Thor. As a old school FPS player weened on Doom, Duke, Heretic, and Wolfenstein, who ground my teeth as FPSs became slower and slower over the years, this is everything I needed but didn't realize until I fired it up. As I strafe fired around charging demons, double jumped some rockets, parkoured onto the second floor and pulled off a fatality on a cacodemon, I believe I've finally realized what love is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Holy mother of fuck, this game.

I didn't expect it to be good after the multiplayer beta completely turned me away, but dear lord, the singleplayer is fucking amazing and easily one of the best shooters I've ever played. If you have a passing interest in Doom or really miss games like that or Quake, you need this in your life.
    Last edited by Clownboat; 05-17-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    DOOM is good but not brilliant. You have to get used to multiplayer design in campaign and all the platformer jumping around picking up loot... but the monster fights feel good enough so i guess it's what matters. ID clearly took notes after Crysis and Painkiller but forgot what made original Doom so memorable.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The game soundtrack is.... extremely Reznor sounding: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dOCMg-6SjVHC1E

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Naaaah, that score is much better than whatever Reznor could come up with

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Naaaah, that score is much better than whatever Reznor could come up with
    10's Reznor yes. 90's Reznor no.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Yeah. This is basically what I'd imagine a video game soundtrack sounding like around the Fragile era, but with some new sound additions pulled in from a decade into the future. Not all of it is as polished as Trent would shoot for, and some of it even reminds me of the first Resident Evil movie (that was Manson, right?) but I've been listening to this soundtrack and its filling my NIN hole quite well.

I still need to figure out how the hell in gonna get the hardware needed to play this and the time/resources to build the machine for it. I wish they just released it for Mac

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    This is basically what I'd imagine a video game soundtrack sounding like around the Fragile era
    Remind yourself of TR's CoD theme which so much like rehash of the Fragile that it's not even funny.

Not all of it is as polished as Trent would shoot for
    This is why i say it's better, it's good that nin isn't involved as the game's selling point

I still need to figure out how the hell in gonna get the hardware needed to play this and the time/resources to build the machine for it. I wish they just released it for Mac
    In regards to hardware, it's really not too demanding out of the box; runs smoothly on my "below-minimum" hobo-PC (i3/670/8GB) on almost high setting; you can get a capable machine for less than $500

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    In regards to hardware, it's really not too demanding out of the box; runs smoothly on my "below-minimum" hobo-PC (i3/670/8GB) on almost high setting; you can get a capable machine for less than $500
    Does your video card have 2gb of RAM? I've got a decent processor and 16gb of RAM, but my video card is below the requirements. Seeing as your processor's an i3 and they require an i5, I suddenly have hope that maybe "requirements" doesn't mean what it used to.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm mostly interested in this game due to Richard Devine's involvement

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Does your video card have 2gb of RAM? I've got a decent processor and 16gb of RAM, but my video card is below the requirements. Seeing as your processor's an i3 and they require an i5, I suddenly have hope that maybe "requirements" doesn't mean what it used to.
    I was able to get the alpha running on an i7 and GTX 770 laptop chipset. It ran pretty smooth, i can't recall how i had the settings though and I'm not sure how much would have changed between the alpha and the final release as far as hardware demands. I know when i use "canirunit.com" it tells me my machine would be a potato but i keep thinking if it was able to run the alpha i can't see there being such a drastic change for hardware needed.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I was able to get the alpha running on an i7 and GTX 770 laptop chipset. It ran pretty smooth, i can't recall how i had the settings though and I'm not sure how much would have changed between the alpha and the final release as far as hardware demands. I know when i use "canirunit.com" it tells me my machine would be a potato but i keep thinking if it was able to run the alpha i can't see there being such a drastic change for hardware needed.
    Heh, I got impatient, pulled the trigger and initiated my Steam download last night. I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6770, a second gen i7 (yesterday I learned about different generations of these cores, neat), and 16gb of RAM. I do think I'll probably run into a physical barrier with respect to the graphics card - they probably require 2gb of onboard RAM because that's just how much space all the textures and shit take up during an active session, and if that's the case, I'll go hunting for a new video card. Doom is traditionally the upgrade enforcement software for me, whether we're talking bumping up the 486 to 4mb of RAM, or buying the new Dell in anticipation of Doom 3 (which then came out two years later) ... I guess the last video card upgrade I made was so I could run three monitors while editing HD video.

I did not realize Richard Devine was involved! I'd been loosely following Mick Gordon's involvement, as I follow Andrew Hulshut on Twitter on account of his IDKFA album.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Game is awesome. Just what I needed right now. No bullshit. Run around, kill demons with a shotgun or they kill you. Love that soundtrack. Anyone on this forum should love that soundtrack haha.

There's some crisp design in the way the game gets the player to use their whole tool set, fancy kills for health, chainsaw kills for ammo. The game just feels great, looks great, sounds great. Super simple.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is cool!

I'll definitely buy the game, just unsure when. I'll buy it on sale eventually. I bet it'll hit half price before the end of July, hell maybe even June.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Same, im scoping ebay for a cheap copy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Can't wait....Tonight!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I've been playing with my very underpowered video card, and I'm having flashbacks to when I first installed Quake. Everything's very slow, which I'm kind of okay with. It's like playing on easy mode, and at some time point I'll buy a newer video card and play it at it's normal, frenetic speed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    It's so fast, and the soundtrack is awesome as the others have stated. Great game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Same, im scoping ebay for a cheap copy.
    If you or anyone else wants to paypal me, I'll ship it to you. Pm me, first come first serve

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Holy crap this game is amazing I finally bought it and played 2 hours.
    Luckily by the time I got it they had released the Vulkan API update.
    When I played the demo I barely got 50 fps at medium settings.
    Now with Vulkan I can run the game at ultra with vsynch enabled to run it at a stable 60 fps, no stutter, no input lag or, screen tearing.
    This game is sublime.

Leviathant and others if running the game with Vulkan doesn't fix your gaming experience then I recommend an RX 480 for about $200-260 depending on if you go reference or partner board (and if you can find one in stock).
    It will definitely run Doom maxed out at 1080p @ 60fps.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just a heads up, the standard edition of this game is currently on sale at Amazon for $19.99 and the collector's edition is roughly 50% off depending on what format you want.

Collector's Edition: https://www.amazon.com/Doom-Collecto...&keywords=doom

Standard Edition: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-doom,28zu0

@Leviathant - Now is the time to finally pick this up!