Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Movies currently in the Theatre

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Movies currently in the Theatre

I think we need a general thread for the upcoming new releases that aren't super popular to have their own thread.
    No sense creating a new thread for every little movie that comes out, but I am still interested in hearing what people are saying about the current films in the theatre.

With that said, I saw Men In Black 3 tonight (and this kind of is a movie that deserves it's own thread, but i'll just post about it here), and I heard alot of good things about this movie before seeing it, so my expectations were high, at least higher than MIB2, as I really didn't like MIB2 at all. I remember I saw it in the theatre on opening day, and I lfet very dissappointed. So I figured, it wouldn't be very hard to pass it...

However, I am sad to say, It was pretty on par with MIB2 in my mind. The movie was decent, it was a typical MIB movie, corny jokes, big guns, aliens and wacky technology. But that's about it. I found the jokes to be so lame, I didn't laugh once. I may cracked a grin at some of the stuff, but there is nothing "laugh out loud"

Josh Brolin stole the show as "young agent K", he really nailed the position well, so his acting was supurb. I kinda miss the on screen bickering of Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith though. Tommy didn't have enough screen time! It's almost like he didn't want to do the 3rd movie, and only agreed to it if he had like 15-20 minutes of screen time.

The ending was epic though, don't want to spoil anything, but holy hell that was a very emotional ending and it did a great job of tying the whole series together.

So that's what I saw this weekend, anyone see anything else? Apparently MIB3 got #1 at the box office this weekend, so it's nice to see something finally beat out the Avengers. Not that Avengers was weak or anything, I actually enjoyed it more than MIB3, and I thought I was going to like this alot more.

If I am not mistaken, Moonrise Kingdom opened this weekend as well, that looks like a decent movie, as it has one hell of an amazing cast!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Recently saw Polisse: it's not as great as people are making out, but it's one of those films that haunts you for days after you've seen it...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661420/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can imagine that Polisse is quite heavy. How people treat their kids really sometimes is horrible. I went and saw 'Dark Shadows' the other day. Really didn't like it. Johnny Depp doesn't act anymore, he merely is this one character Willy Wonka-Jack Sparrow morphed into a vampire in it.
    Last edited by redzora; 06-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.