Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ween

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I've been getting obsessed over these guys the past month or so. Just got tickets for San Francisco. Woo.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just managed to also snag tickets to the Saturday San Francisco show. I hadn't been able to for the last month, the fucking page kept timing out or returning 'no results' but somehow it worked just fine today. This is fucking awesome because I assume the setlist will be pretty different between each night. Is anybody here going to either show?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This past weekend was fucking awesome.

Night 1 setlist:

Did You See Me?
    Nan
    Take Me Away
    Tick
    Happy Colored Marbles
    Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
    I Play It Off Legit
    Roses Are Free
    Back to Basom
    Licking the Palm for Guava
    Mushroom Festival in Hell
    Learnin' to Love
    Beacon Light
    Dr. Rock
    Object
    Piss Up a Rope
    It's Gonna Be a Long Night
    Ice Castles ->
    Final Alarm
    Frank
    Sorry Charlie
    Wavin' My Dick in the Wind
    Wayne's Pet Youngin'
    Mister Richard Smoker
    Demon Sweat
    Ocean Man
    Buenas Tardes Amigo

What Deaner Was Talkin' About
    Don't Laugh (I Love You) [Deaner on Bass/Dave on Guitar]
    Laura

Night 2 setlist:

Birthday Boy [Acoustic]
    Chocolate Town [Acoustic]
    Tried & True [Acoustic]
    Joppa Road [Acoustic]
    Kim Smoltz [Acoustic]
    The Mollusk [Acoustic]
    Transdermal Celebration
    The Grobe
    My Own Bare Hands
    Buckingham Green
    How High Can You Fly
    The Stallion, Part 3
    Voodoo Lady
    Your Party
    Even If You Don't
    Mononucleosis
    Zoloft
    Captain Fantasy
    The Stallion, Part 1
    Israel
    Pollo Asado
    Touch My Tooter ->
    You Fucked Up
    Pandy Fackler
    Tender Situation

Stroker Ace
    Someday
    Fluffy

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    went to the Los Angeles gig. It was awesome.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Anybody going to the Vegas shows? February 17, 18, and 19. Tickets are $62.48/ea after taxes and fees, or at least the 3-day pass is. The fees might add up to a bit more after taxes if you buy them individually. I already got my 3-day pass with the presale, tickets go on general sale tomorrow morning at 10am local time/PST.

I probably normally wouldn't see a band 3 nights in a row, but I've never seen a band like Ween before. A band that is playing 3 nights and you already know they aren't going to repeat a single fucking song. It won't be surprising if they play 100 songs over the weekend. Being a fan of bands like NIN and Tool and seeing shows like that, this is such a crazy band to be a newcomer to. Deaner said recently they know 200 songs already.

It's really changing my perspective of how live music and shows can and should be. As I mentioned above, I saw them for the first time in San Francisco two weeks ago and they played 58 different songs over the course of 2 nights. Tool has only played 15 distinct songs total over the course of the three times I've seen them live. I saw NIN two nights in a row in 2013, they played 25 songs each night and there were only 9 non-repeated songs each night. That means between the two nights, two-thirds of the setlist was repeats. So the shit Ween is pulling is blowing my mind.

It seems I'm currently the only person on ETS who reallllly fucking digs Ween, but if anybody is interested, the Vegas 3-day pass presale is still going on here if you want to buy the ticket before it goes on general sale tomorrow. Password is JILM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Since I've seen them mentioned a couple times recently I feel the need to bump this thread. (I know...sue me.)
    Ween don't get enough credit outside of there fans. They have pretty much done it all in some form or another.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    It seems I'm currently the only person on ETS who reallllly fucking digs Ween...
    I realize this post is almost 2 years old...

Where I grew up, Ween was put in the same category as the Grateful Dead and Phish. The best I probably got was, "Don't they sing that meningitis song?" It was also pretty hard to put on something like The Pod and explain how these Scotchgard'ed out peeps are talented. So my excuse is, I got used to not talking about Ween because nobody cared.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I just got into Ween about a month or so ago. After randomly watching a youtube video called "Understanding Ween" I put on The Mollusk and was hooked. I have also really enjoyed their country album, Quebec as well as the Ceasar quebec demos. The only thing that I have listened to so far that I wasn't automatically into is White Pepper. One of the things I love about them outside of the great songwriting is that there is no pretense, no agenda. Just a couple of guys in tshirts making great music.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I just got into Ween about a month or so ago. After randomly watching a youtube video called "Understanding Ween" I put on The Mollusk and was hooked. I have also really enjoyed their country album, Quebec as well as the Ceasar quebec demos. The only thing that I have listened to so far that I wasn't automatically into is White Pepper. One of the things I love about them outside of the great songwriting is that there is no pretense, no agenda. Just a couple of guys in tshirts making great music.
    Have you checked out Live In Chicago yet? The setlist would probably be right up your alley.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Have you checked out Live In Chicago yet? The setlist would probably be right up your alley.
    I have not but I will. Thanks for the tip.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I formally got into Ween last Fall... What a band!

I'll always remember them first by their appearance in the movie It's Pat, and that version of "Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)". lol <3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Dean Ween (especially now that he is older) kinda looks like William Murderface right?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    all the live Ween recordings should be catalogued on a level that destroys "jam band" catalogues. I am forever down with the brown

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    all the live Ween recordings should be catalogued on a level that destroys "jam band" catalogues. I am forever down with the brown
    I would love for Ween to go the LiveDownloads/nugs.net route like Metallica, Phish, etc.

In the meantime, there's Browntracker.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I'll always remember them first by their appearance in the movie It's Pat, and that version of "Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)". lol<3
    pat, excitedly telling strangers in his/her/their apartment complex: "hey, guys! i'm playing with the ween!"

the passing strangers: "ewww! what's that?!"

best part of that awful movie.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Might as well share some cool Ween stuff, eh?

Awesome behind the scenes clip of Gener recording Slow Down boy.

Fucking killer acoustic Back to Basom on a bench in Central Park.

Gene and Dean tripping tits on 120 Minutes.

Shit Creek Boys test show with these groovy-ass You Were The Fool.

This.

Ween shreds public access.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Digging this lately.

Also worth sharing.

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 04-18-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    1) I had no idea Matt Stone could play drums

2) Is it me or is Gene Ween starting to look almost exactly like the “I’m in incredible pain” meme guy? Hide the Pain Harold: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hide-the-pain-harold

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    2) Is it me or is Gene Ween starting to look almost exactly like the “I’m in incredible pain” meme guy? Hide the Pain Harold: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hide-the-pain-harold
    With a little bit of Billy Joel thrown in.