Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Iamx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Volatile Times has been released here in the United States as a reworked digital only version ! I just bought my copy from Amazon, but it's also available as a download from iamx.eu

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm almost finished my first listen of it. It's quite odd, being that used to the original. The reworked I Salute You Christopher is miles better than the original, IMO. The added piano on Dance With Me is quite nice, too.

Kinda pissed off about the removal of the intro to Oh Beautiful Town, to be honest.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    what's the story behind re-working the whole album?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No story behind it, as far as I know. Chris Corner has done this with The Alternative too for the UK release. There are different versions of 3 out of the 5 IAMX albums . For the first album there is the 'recall' demo version which is quite different than the studio release. The second album has two versions one being 'reworked' and now the 4th album has also been reworked for the US release.
    I rather like having the different versions of songs. I think most of the time it's an improvement . Now that I have all these I'm going to have to make a new playlist, or maybe combine VT with TuF together to make one crazy dark album... The song order is off on this release anyway!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Forgot to post in this, but my Pledge reward of the handwritten lyrics came two weeks ago. I got my request of Oh Beautiful Town fulfilled!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    2 weeks ago!?!? Quite a wait.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yeah, they sent an email just after the release of the album saying it would be two weeks after the release date, then another a few days later saying "Due to them tour, these will be sent out in a few months" and then there was nothing until January saying they were sending them in February.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Those acoustic sessions Chris performed lately are bloody brilliant.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I missed both of them because of scheduling conflicts which sucks, but I'm happy to hear they're going well! Wish I lived in LA so I could witness the residency he'll be doing soon...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Kiss and Swallow session:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Alternative session (apologies for double post but it's saying only one video per post):

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Setlist from the first residency show in LA:

I Come With Knives
    The Alternative
    Mercy
    Volatile Times
    Bernadette
    You Can Be Happy
    Your Joy Is My Low
    President
    Spit It Out
    -----------------------------
    Missile
    Sorrow

Missile sounded bloody brilliant. I hope it's played again tonight and someone gets a full-length with good quality.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Second residency show: same as above, but with This Will Make You Love Again also being played. NNNNRGH SO GOOD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I edited an alt version of the debut IAMX album Kiss + Swallow if anyone wants to check it out http://goo.gl/744WWI
    Most of the songs are different in various ways from the studio release. I overlaid the instrumentals with the recall (demo) versions of the songs mostly. There are added blips and bleeps, and guitar (Heatwave) Skin vision has alternate lyrics

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Crowdfunding for IAMX6 has started - http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/iamxmusic

This was a really bad time of the year to start this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Album/tour funding has reached its goal (106% as of this) and they've released a promo video on the site. If those are clips are from the album, then someone's gone full-on industrial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Album/tour funding has reached its goal (106% as of this) and they've released a promo video on the site. If those are clips are from the album, then someone's gone full-on industrial.

The sounds from the video are nice, some of them sound like variations of UTF era songs. I'm wondering how many of these new sounds they will actually share with pledgers over the course of the campaign.Full on demos would be welcome, but I won't hold my breath

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New single - Happiness.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    New single - Happiness.
    It says the video is private, do you have to have pledged to see this?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It says the video is private, do you have to have pledged to see this?
    Evidently, they uploaded it a day early and it was set as unlisted. Somehow, the link got out and they've set it as private until tomorrow.

Here's a transcript of the lyrics to tide you all over -

I know I'll never feel the same
    I know I might never accept the change
    But I want
    Happiness

Staring blank at my screen
    Waiting for a sign, waiting for a smile
    To come to me
    Happiness

Every day, the news is death
    You power-drunk fuckers are filling my head
    With despair
    Not happiness

Liars, liars, liars

Maybe I became too clean
    Maybe the drugs are the only way to be free
    Or happiness

No breaking the anxiety
    The man I would try to, but could never be
    Faded out
    With happiness

Every day, hypocrisy
    I see the zombies walking down the street
    And it kills me
    Their happiness

Liars, liars, liars

Happiness, happiness
    Happiness, happiness
    Happiness, happiness
    Happiness, happiness
    Come to me now
    Happiness, happiness
    Happiness

Happiness, happiness
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 06-19-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Holy shit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Here's the story so far - someone who knows Chris put a link up to a large ZIP file on a Facebook fan album and it turned out to be an unmastered version of the album. The post was deleted almost immediately and the band know about it and are taking steps. But I've heard it. I won't send it out since I was feeding info back to the IAMX camp regarding the file and they are PISSED, but here's my mini-track by track review under the spoilers.

Spoiler: It's REALLY good. Chris wasn't lying about it being more electronic - there's only guitar on Happiness and MAYBE No Maker Made Me. Musically, it reminded me of Sneaker Pimps, Muse, Depeche Mode and Gary Numan hanging out at an industrial rave.

No Maker Made Me - you can hear a bit in the pledge video. Loud and angry, reminded me a little of Music People.
    Happiness - still works on the album, though I've overplayed it a bit.
    North Star - probably my favourite track on the album. Warbling synths at the start with Chris singing, big four-on-the-floor beat kicks in halfway through the first chorus and the song just builds into this industrial techno stomper. Love it.
    Say Hello Melancholia - the mid-tempo stretch of the album begins. It's a good song, but it's a grower and (IMO) the closest thing to a filler track on the album.
    The Background Noise - Choirs. Piano that turns into arpeggiated synth. The most bitter, sarcastic lyrics ever in the verses. Joint favourite track on the album.
    Insomnia - piano-lead ballad that becomes oddly sexualised halfway through. Very interesting song.
    Look Outside - short, brooding track about LA. The synths remind me of Gary Numan/Ultra-era DM.
    Oh Cruel Darkness Embrace Me - Right, this IS a good song, but it's in that funk-style that Chris does sometimes that I'm not really a fan of. Another track against modern society.
    Aphrodisiac - think Cold Red Light being covered by Intimacy-era Bloc Party. Very high falsetto on the verses. Giant synth riff.
    Surrender - 3/4 mid-tempo number about leaving Berlin. Very atmospheric and some gorgeous vocals.
    Wildest Wind - the musical cousin to Avalanches. A piano ballad that rises into a slight cacophony and fades away.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Lossless download now available for Pledge people

Its exquisite.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Always heard good things about IAMX but never actually heard the music or knew anything about 'em till last night when my gf decided we should check out the Boston show since she's into them, I'm still visiting her in New Hampshire, and it was cheap and only an hour away. It was the day of the show before we realized we could make it though and we almost didn't go since it was impossible to find out if tickets would still be available by the time we got there, but DAMN I'm glad we chanced it because the show was AWESOME and there were only maybe a hundred other people there! So, needless to say, we got right up front and I filmed the whole show. Looking forward to posting it someday! \m/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New material - an 'addendum' to Metanoia - is coming in September or October. Also, I finally caught them live for the first time since 2011 last month in Manchester. They were basically playing in the back room of a hipster bar. It was immense. And, yet again, I had to sing into the mic at their shows. Third time seeing them, third time having to do that.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I could imagine WORSE fates! Such a fun band to see live. And OMFG I was crushing SO hard on the two chicks the whole time, especially the badass, superfun bassist. Rawr.

I still don't really know much about them (obviously), but I've had the chance to watch my footage on a few TVs lately and I am still SO excited to share it whenever the opportunity finally presents itself. Some it is REALLY good and it sounds fucking awesome.

Sucks that they're forever tied to memories of my ex but I also drink too much so it's all good.

Trying my best to forget all that, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear friends,
    Here's a gift for you. A sketch for 'Look Outside', recorded into Chris' phone while he was writing Metanoia. While we are working hard to finish booking the fall IAMX tours, we thought this might sweeten your waiting time. You're welcome.
    (To download, subscribe on the link below. If you've already subscribed, check your inbox)
    www.iamx.fanbridge.com

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The 'addendum' EP will be called Everything Is Burning. The tracklist just appeared on the official Facebook page.

1. Everything is Burning
    2. Dead in This House
    3. Triggers
    4. Scars
    5. The Void
    6. Eternity
    7. Turning Crimson

'Dead in This House' was recorded for The Unified Field, with the demo randomly showing up on that How To Get Away With Murder show a while back. A snippet of 'Turning Crimson' was given to pledgers for Metanoia in early 2015. That's all the details I have so far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The 'addendum' EP will be called Everything Is Burning. The tracklist just appeared on the official Facebook page.

1. Everything is Burning
    2. Dead in This House
    3. Triggers
    4. Scars
    5. The Void
    6. Eternity
    7. Turning Crimson

'Dead in This House' was recorded for The Unified Field, with the demo randomly showing up on that How To Get Away With Murder show a while back. A snippet of 'Turning Crimson' was given to pledgers for Metanoia in early 2015. That's all the details I have so far.
    hopefully it will be more enjoyable than Metatonia, because that was a depressing snoozefest :'(

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hopefully it will be more enjoyable than Metatonia, because that was a depressing snoozefest :'(
    Whut??!! Holy shit. I thought Metanoia was a masterpiece. I love it.