Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Iamx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    (Setlist spoilers follow)

Seems I jinxed myself citing strength of AINL as a key reason for catching this tour - really disappointing they dropped two of the strongest tracks (Power/Glory and Stardust) from the setlist this time around. Serves me right for fixating, I suppose.

Show was truly excellent but for that personal gripe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get to see them on this tour, but maybe they skipped those because ol Kat von D wasn't with them?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    I didn't get to see them on this tour, but maybe they skipped those because ol Kat von D wasn't with them?
    That occurred to me, though with Janine and the other backing vocalist/synth player on stage, there was unquestionably enough firepower on stage to pull them off credibly.

In any case, I’m not letting that one quibble detract from what was a really great show. Perhaps the tour dvd I’ve heard mentioned will have footage from the first leg with Kat that I can catch up on. If so, fingers crossed it surfaces before Tension...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    (Setlist spoilers follow)

Seems I jinxed myself citing strength of AINL as a key reason for catching this tour - really disappointing they dropped two of the strongest tracks (Power/Glory and Stardust) from the setlist this time around.
    Was pleasantly surprised to see them break out "The Power and the Glory" during one of the encores at the Milwaukee show! I got lucky
    That said, I also miss "Stardust" – the wall of vocals on that chorus was intoxicating on the previous tour (Chris, Janine, Sammi, Kat).

This has been a really special tour because the band reached out to my brother's mental health non-profit THE YOU ROCK FOUNDATION last year about collaborating, and the last few weeks in particular have been an absolute whirlwind in the best way...

Aside from creating a badass tour t-shirt (combining our logos) with all proceeds going to YRF, Chris & Janine have also been hosting these really moving mental health gatherings before most of the shows (again, with a portion of proceeds going to YRF). My brother and I attended and introduced Chris at the Milwaukee, Chicago, and NYC gatherings. They're different every time in terms of questions and attendance, but they're always powerful and emotional. We're planning on doing the same at the final show in LA with Liam and I can't wait. If there's any way you can attend these, I highly recommend it. It's simply a very genuine, intimate, yet conversational discussion on the importance of mental health.

Lastly, we assisted in filming Chris's appearance the PS22 children's choir in Staten Island and it was simply one of the coolest experiences of my life. Not only were the students enormously talented, they were incredibly nice, and sincere IAMX fans (they exploded when Chris entered the auditorium). It's emotional enough listening to and watching their YouTube videos, but to be in the room as they performed "Missile"? It was a religious experience.

So, yeah, it's been fucking surreal.

Last edited by Deadpool; 05-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I wish they’d announce the acoustic tour dates already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the Alternative album chat and they mentioned they haven't announced any yet because they are still nailing down venues. Said something about old theaters and church's. I hope to see this show even though an acoustic tour isn't something I would normally seek out.

Did anyone see the latest photos they posted with the cake, chris, janine and sammy? IAMX's image can be cringe sometimes .

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    25-date Euro tour is coming tomorrow. Sworn to secrecy from posting publicly. Spoiler: London looks to be the only date in the UK/Irish region though.

*edit - US dates will be happening in June and are still being worked on.

*dbl edit - officially posted*
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 03-19-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    European tour has been postponed to Sept - Nov. I'm assuming the American tour that was supposed to be in June is probably not taking place.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rescheduled 2020 European Tour

Sept 28 - Istanbul TURKEY - IF Performance Hall

Oct 1 - Moscow RUSSIA - Vegas City Hall
    Oct 2 - St. Petersburg RUSSIA - Planetarium
    Oct 5 - Prague CZECH REPUBLIC - Kino Lucerna
    Oct 6 - Leipzig GERMANY - Haus Leipzig

Oct 7 - Munich GERMANY - Freiheiz
    Oct 10 - Paris FRANCE - Café de la Danse

Oct 11 - Mainz GERMANY - Frankfurter Hof
    Oct 13 - Cologne GERMANY - Gloria Theatre
    Oct 14 - Brussels BELGIUM - Le Madeleine
    Oct 15 - London ENGLAND - Cadogan Hall VENUE CHANGE
    Oct 19 - Madrid SPAIN - Teatro Lara
    Oct 20 - Barcelona SPAIN - Sala Apolo
    Oct 22 - Milan ITALY - Spazio Teatro 89 VENUE CHANGE
    Oct 26 - Berlin GERMANY - Kino Babylon

Oct 27 - Warsaw POLAND - Klub Stodola VENUE CHANGE
    Oct 28 - Minsk BELARUS - Republican Trade Union Palace of Culture
    Oct 30 - Kharkiv UKRAINE - Philharmonic
    Oct 31 - Kiev UKRAINE - HC Hall VENUE CHANGE
    Nov 1 - Odessa UKRAINE - Philharmonic Theatre
    Nov 3 - Lviv UKRAINE - Teatr Lesi
    Nov 5 - Bratislava SLOVAKIA - Slovensky Rozhlas (Velka Sala)
    Nov 6 - Vienna AUSTRIA - SiMM City
    Nov 7 - Hamburg GERMANY - Kulturkirche Altona VENUE CHANGE
    Nov 9 - Stockholm SWEDEN - Vasateatern
    Nov 10 - Oslo NORWAY - Oslo Konserthus

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Chris and Janine let the cat out of the bag that there will be an Echo Echo-style outdoor, socially distanced, limited seating performance at Pappy & Harriet's in Pioneertown, CA late next month, with more details soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sp5????

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This might already be known here, but Chris performed on two tracks of Cevin Key's newest album.
    https://brap.bandcamp.com/album/resonance

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    wish they would reissue the back catalog on vinyl. i'd really love to have Kiss + Swallow and The Alternative, especially.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    sneakerpimps.bandcamp.com/album/squaring-the-circle

Double vinyl for the new Sneaker Pimps album is up for pre-order on Bandcamp; says digital album is out today but I think that's a mistake...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Looks like they finally added a CD option for Squaring the Circle. I was very excited as I really don't want/need any more vinyl, but the $24 pricing...yeesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/liste...-years-2989709
    New singles out today! What do you guys think? I'm a little underwhelmed considering its been like 20 years since they have officially released anything. I prefer Fighter of the two but was hoping for something to really hook me. Their voices are so nice together on the title track. I read they are releasing a new version of the SP4 song Tigers I am really excited to hear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, Squaring the Circle is finally out. I've only had time to listen to the first half, but very impressed so far. Others' mileage may vary, but to me this doesn't feel like an IAMX record under a different name - i.e, not quite so bleak and enough sonic differences beyond the varied vocalists to represent something unique - which I frankly doubted would be the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    So, Squaring the Circle is finally out. I've only had time to listen to the first half, but very impressed so far. Others' mileage may vary, but to me this doesn't feel like an IAMX record under a different name - i.e, not quite so bleak and enough sonic differences beyond the varied vocalists to represent something unique - which I frankly doubted would be the case.
    I've been listening to it very carefully. So far I have mixed impressions, but I had to say I thought exactly the opposite (in regard of what's bolded). At first that was my clear impression in a lot of songs. I had to re-hear it a few times before noticing some distinction. I'm just glad he resurrected this project tbh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    I've been listening to it very carefully. So far I have mixed impressions, but I had to say I thought exactly the opposite (in regard of what's bolded). At first that was my clear impression in a lot of songs. I had to re-hear it a few times before noticing some distinction. I'm just glad he resurrected this project tbh.
    Having made it through the whole thing several times now, I do think that initial impression needs to be tempered a bit! Still, there are enough points of distinction that tie it more directly to the SP legacy that I'm really enjoying (e.g., Lifeline). Hope we get a good crop of remixes in the future, as the first Rework Collection seems to indicate...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'd argue that there's only a few tracks which feel like direct IAMX crossovers -- I think the album's got its own unique vibe in general. Definitely enjoying it, though I did notice that my favorite tracks on here are the ones that tend towards IAMXness. I'm actually quite unfamiliar with most Sneaker Pimps output... I've been meaning to check them out properly for years now after stumbling across IAMX but still haven't made the time for it (apart from this new album, of course).

Anyway, quite nice regardless.