Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Iamx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    (Setlist spoilers follow)

Seems I jinxed myself citing strength of AINL as a key reason for catching this tour - really disappointing they dropped two of the strongest tracks (Power/Glory and Stardust) from the setlist this time around. Serves me right for fixating, I suppose.

Show was truly excellent but for that personal gripe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get to see them on this tour, but maybe they skipped those because ol Kat von D wasn't with them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    I didn't get to see them on this tour, but maybe they skipped those because ol Kat von D wasn't with them?
    That occurred to me, though with Janine and the other backing vocalist/synth player on stage, there was unquestionably enough firepower on stage to pull them off credibly.

In any case, Iím not letting that one quibble detract from what was a really great show. Perhaps the tour dvd Iíve heard mentioned will have footage from the first leg with Kat that I can catch up on. If so, fingers crossed it surfaces before Tension...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    (Setlist spoilers follow)

Seems I jinxed myself citing strength of AINL as a key reason for catching this tour - really disappointing they dropped two of the strongest tracks (Power/Glory and Stardust) from the setlist this time around.
    Was pleasantly surprised to see them break out "The Power and the Glory" during one of the encores at the Milwaukee show! I got lucky
    That said, I also miss "Stardust" Ė the wall of vocals on that chorus was intoxicating on the previous tour (Chris, Janine, Sammi, Kat).

This has been a really special tour because the band reached out to my brother's mental health non-profit THE YOU ROCK FOUNDATION last year about collaborating, and the last few weeks in particular have been an absolute whirlwind in the best way...

Aside from creating a badass tour t-shirt (combining our logos) with all proceeds going to YRF, Chris & Janine have also been hosting these really moving mental health gatherings before most of the shows (again, with a portion of proceeds going to YRF). My brother and I attended and introduced Chris at the Milwaukee, Chicago, and NYC gatherings. They're different every time in terms of questions and attendance, but they're always powerful and emotional. We're planning on doing the same at the final show in LA with Liam and I can't wait. If there's any way you can attend these, I highly recommend it. It's simply a very genuine, intimate, yet conversational discussion on the importance of mental health.

Lastly, we assisted in filming Chris's appearance the PS22 children's choir in Staten Island and it was simply one of the coolest experiences of my life. Not only were the students enormously talented, they were incredibly nice, and sincere IAMX fans (they exploded when Chris entered the auditorium). It's emotional enough listening to and watching their YouTube videos, but to be in the room as they performed "Missile"? It was a religious experience.

So, yeah, it's been fucking surreal.

Last edited by Deadpool; 05-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.