Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Iamx

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of The Unified Field, but Metanoia pulled me back in. Depressing perhaps, but snoozefest ? Couldn't disagree more.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of The Unified Field, but Metanoia pulled me back in. Depressing perhaps, but snoozefest ? Couldn't disagree more.
    I feel the same. If any of the albums are a snoozefest, it has to be The Unified Field.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I feel the same. If any of the albums are a snoozefest, it has to be The Unified Field.
    wow, that's funny. i LOVE the unified field. it has lots of great energy, it's sexy, the dark songs still have a good sense of movement.
    metatonia was so depressing i could only listen to it once and it ruined my whole day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everything is burning has leaked. It's officiallly released on Sept 2nd.
    Only a few tracks in and I can't help if the new sounds have been inspired by the Sneaker Pimps recent recording sessions! Too soon to give an opinion just yet, but seeing as I really like Metatonia I imagine I like most of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Triggers is an awesome song!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think Triggers is definitely one of the best tracks that Chris has released. I'm also a big fan of Eternity, The Void and Turning Crimson.

It's a shame that Dead In This House is definitely lacking compared to the demo version, and I'm slightly disappointed in the title track. I feel that it peaks too early and is kinda lacking in the last minute or so.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Not a major update, but seems we're getting IAMX7 this year. Janine mentioned "plans are underway" in January and Chris posted a photo a few days ago of inspecting modular synths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw that, I'd be surprised to see the album so soon, but I'll take it! Now I just want concrete word about this new Sneaker Pimps album they are working on. I've heard that Chris sent Liam a hard-drive full of "SP4" songs ( referring to the next SP album? ) , more recently though Liam says "Still writing , good things come to those that wait" Interesting..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IAMX Update: "MY ELECTRONIC INDULGENCE ALBUM CALLED 'UNFALL' WILL BE OUT SEP 22. PRE-SALE INFO SOON. "

So soon! I read somewhere that he was initially recording two separate IAMX albums , one being an instrumental album. I wonder if this new album is a result of recording the two and just combining them. Look forward to the next tour as they are always excellent live.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    IAMX Update: "MY ELECTRONIC INDULGENCE ALBUM CALLED 'UNFALL' WILL BE OUT SEP 22. PRE-SALE INFO SOON. "

So soon! I read somewhere that he was initially recording two separate IAMX albums , one being an instrumental album. I wonder if this new album is a result of recording the two and just combining them. Look forward to the next tour as they are always excellent live.
    I'm pretty sure this is the instrumental album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New instrumental album out today! I read an interview with him saying there will be a regular album w vocals and a tour following shortly. I have only sampled tracks from this, but it sounds promising

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Vocal album is set for January, from what I've heard, with the tour starting in the spring.

I'm not particularly impressed by UNFALL.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Vocal album is set for January, from what I've heard, with the tour starting in the spring.

I'm not particularly impressed by UNFALL.
    i like it so much better than Metatonia (which i haven't revisited in a long time because of how bummed out it made me feel). i listened to it twice today all the way through and really enjoyed it, as did sarah. it has all the hallmarks of an IAMX album — it's sexy, it's spooky, it's unsettling, and it makes me want to dance — none of which were present on Metatonia (in my opinion).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I COME WITH KNIVES UPDATES

https://soundcloud.com/mia-k-nig-375...-hollow-htgawm

How To Get Away With Murder featured an upcoming track from IAMX7 called 'Mile Deep Hollow'. This is one of the cleaner rips going around, but you still can't hear much for the first two minutes. It does sound beautiful, from what can be heard.

Apparent IAMX7 tracklist:
    Stardust [Featuring Kat Von D]
    Alive in New Light
    Break The Chain
    Body Politics [Featuring Kat Von D]
    Exit
    Stalker [Featuring Kat Von D]
    Big Man
    Mile Deep Hollow
    The Power and the Glory [Featuring Kat Von D]

IAMX7 is speculated to be entitled 'Alive in New Light' due to a '#AINL' appearing on the tracklist picture update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting the clip, The fact that Kat von D is on half of the songs is worrying me a little.. but then again he's been featuring a female vocalist on his albums since K+S if not before. Also I am greedy and want more than nine songs. I wonder when it will be released, early spring?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That is the correct tracklisting and album title!

Feb 2 release date for digital; Feb 23 for vinyl.

TOUR
    March 3 - London, UK - Electric Ballroom
    March 5 - Paris, France - La Machine
    March 15 - Munich, Germany - Strom
    March 16 - Vienna, Austria - WUK
    March 17 - Prague, Czech Republic - MeetFactory
    March 19 - Dresden, Germany - Beatpol
    March 20 - Hamburg, Germany - Mojo
    March 21 - Berlin, Germany - KesselHaus

March 24 - Lviv, Ukraine - Malevich
    March 25 - Kiev, Ukraine - BelEtage Club
    March 27 - St. Petersburg, Russia - A2
    March 29 - Moscow, Russia - Izvesria Hall
    March 31 - Istanbul, Turkey - IF
    April 19 - Washington, DC - Rock & Roll Hotel
    April 21 - Brooklyn, NY - Rough Trade
    April 24 - Cambridge, MA - Middle East Downstairs
    April 25 - Montreal, QC - L'Astral
    April 27 - Toronto, ON - Lee's Palace
    April 28 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
    April 30 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
    May 1 - Salt Lake City, UT - Metro Music Hall
    May 4 - Seattle, WA - The Crocodile
    May 5 - Portland, OR - Aladdin Theater
    May 7 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
    May 9 - Los Angeles, CA - Fonda Theatre
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 12-18-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New album is out tomorrow . Two tracks from it if you haven't heard them yet

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah, gave Alive in New Light a few spins yesterday, it's quite tasty! I don't think at the moment that it'll dislodge Metanoia as my favorite, but I'm quite jazzed to have more IAMX. Maybe I can actually catch him on tour this time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the new album, I'm not huge on three songs though. Big man, AINL, And the power and glory I usually skip. I did make a playlist that removes those tracks and adds in several tracks from UNFALL. If anyone is interested I can post the order later.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    after being really disappointed with metanoia and then loving unfall, i'm pleased to say that my wife and i both adore the new album. only listened to it once so far but i'm looking forward to more plays.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I really need to get more familiarized with this new album; my vinyl copy finally came in last week so I gave it a spin over the weekend. For the most part, I really liked it. Probably the first side was better than the second, but I'm not at all knowledgeable with specific songs or anything. I'm going to the Chicago show later this month and should probably brush up on the material.

Nothing will ever top K+S or The Alternative for me, but he's a pretty consistently great artist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    after being really disappointed with metanoia and then loving unfall, i'm pleased to say that my wife and i both adore the new album. only listened to it once so far but i'm looking forward to more plays.

I made a playlist combining tracks from AINL & Unfall ( I cut 3 tracks from the album )
    https://open.spotify.com/user/121280...QROz9zsy1asYlQ

Mine vinyl just came in too, I had emailed them and suddenly it arrived a few days later with 2 day shipping . Haven't listened to the vinyl yet, only digital. I do like this album but still am not feeling the title track, big man, and the power & glory.
    Last edited by InsectGod; 04-05-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, the Chicago show was amazing. All the old songs were condensed towards the end of the night, and normally something like that would probably bother me, but the new songs were extremely high energy and well performed. I was especially happy to get North Star and Aphrodisiac, two of my favorite songs from the last album that I didn't get live last time. Several mirrors are set up on stage to reflect the lights around. Coupled with lots of smoke, it made for a great atmosphere. The video screen once again teased Bloodsport before/during I Come With Knives. That just reinforces my desire for him to rework a Sneaker Pimps song or two with IAMX.

Looks like their tour bus broke down outside Chicago, and now the Denver show tomorrow is up in the air. That's unfortunate

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Who's ready for another round? Dates trickling; full announcement imminent I would think.

April 24 - San Francisco, CA - The Independent
    April 28 - Salt Lake City, UT - Metro Music Hall
    April 29 - Denver, CO - The Bluebird Theater
    May 2 - Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall Ballroom
    May 4 - Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall
    May 7 - Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall
    May 11 - New York, NY - (Le) Poisson Rouge
    May 12 - Brooklyn, NY - Elsewhere - Hall
    May 15 - Nashville, TN - The Basement East
    May 17 - Houston, TX - White Oak Music Hall
    May 19 - Austin, TX - Mohawk
    May 20 - Dallas, TX - Granada Theater
    May 23 - Phoenix, AZ - The Rebel Lounge
    May 25 - Los Angeles, CA - The Belasco Theater
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 02-19-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy fuck. Liam Howe will be performing a song with IAMX at the LA show. This is probably the closest thing to a Sneaker Pimps reunion.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Holy fuck. Liam Howe will be performing a song with IAMX at the LA show. This is probably the closest thing to a Sneaker Pimps reunion.
    Now, if Kelli were to show up for some old Becoming X tracks, i think my decade would be made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone at the Toronto show tonight?
    I am and almost show time!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did you enjoy the show?

I'm seeing them tomorrow night in Manhattan. Very much looking forward to it, as I haven't caught a tour since 2009 (which I guess would have been for Kingdom of Welcome Addiction).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Did you enjoy the show?

I'm seeing them tomorrow night in Manhattan. Very much looking forward to it, as I haven't caught a tour since 2009 (which I guess would have been for Kingdom of Welcome Addiction).
    they were incredible!
    first time seeing them live, yeah it was quite a show

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Excellent, glad to hear your first was a success! I consider myself fortunate to have been able to see them tour The Alternative, and I just couldn’t let another opportunity slip by after an album as solid as AINL.