Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Iamx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i like this better than everything on the last album combined.
    That's funny, because I liked "Oh Beautiful Town" better than anything on Kingdom of Welcome Addiction combined

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    That's funny, because I liked "Oh Beautiful Town" better than anything on Kingdom of Welcome Addiction combined
    i wasn't big on that album, either. i have high hopes for this new one, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kbt2p68q2nevx0v "I come with knives" . I actually rather like this new song, I like it a lot more than the other two songs that we have heard already. I wonder when us pledgers will get our download links?

KOWA is the weakest album for sure. For me : 1. K+S, 2. ALT, 3. VT, 4. KOWA
    Last edited by InsectGod; 02-09-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just needed to say that "I Come With Knives" made my jaw drop. I don't think there's any other artist today that so consistently blows me the fuck away.

I love the German lyrics. Chris's vocal performance/intensity on this track reminds me of the title track from "Volatile Times" which in my book is a very good thing. His vocal prowess combined with his raw emotion has always made IAMX a very special thing for me.

I don't think I've ever properly ranked my favorite IAMX albums (I honestly love them all), but I've often come back to the idea of KOWA as my #1. I can't accurately verbalize why. It might have to do with the fact that it was the first IAMX album I fully anticipated and waited for. To be continued...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2p0clpka3qcqwr7 Under atomic skies , new song leaked from album (which has not fully leaked yet)
    Pre-order the double vinyl now at http://www.boutiqueiamx.eu/ March 22nd official release expect a leak before then though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trailer for IAMX behind the scenes thing.. Directed by.. some dude.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm actually very excited for the 'You Can Be Happy' documentary - it looks great. Seems appropriate that we get a feature-length behind-the-scenes film for the album that sees Chris ceding control to a (co)producer.

I'm hoping/assuming the vinyl version of the album along with the DVD will be available during the U.S. tour - if not, I'll no doubt cave and buy them from the IAMX Boutique.

Still really fucking excited to see them in April. It's been a while, and I think the new female member should add some fun on-stage chemistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The dvd will be a good watch. I just want the album . NOW! No word yet on when the pledge music peeps will get their download for the album. Can't wait to see IAMX live again, it's been 5 years since they toured the states. It will be interesting watching their set at the venue here in Portland, it's a very warmly lit and cozy place, it resembles a wood cabin it will be contrasted by the dark agressive set that I'm sure will ensue

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "I Come With Knives" video:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Samples from The Unified Field are up on Amazon UK:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Unified-...3040405&sr=8-4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting those, you beat me to it. I only listened to a few seconds of each track, not sure why but I'm fooling myself into thinking I haven't spoiled the album by listening to 4 of the 12 songs already . When is it going to leak? They are doing pretty good this time around . I know Chris Corner has gotten upset about his babies leaking prematurely before. I am a pledger though, and as such I feel entitled to the album before everyone else can get their grubby lilttle paws on it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just to confirm - they did say pledgers would be getting their digital versions early, right? I remember reading that, but who knows how early - especially considering Chris's reaction to leaks in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know about his previous statements on his albums leaking early, but that's it goes usually. I paid for the pledge and I expected some kind of benefit from it. It looks more like they used our pledges as a safety net as far as funding a bigger tour and all that goes, and haven't really given us any real kind of perk. I'm disappointed in how they are handling this. If I get to hear the album when it leaks for everyone else, what was the point?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    In case you didn't get the email, pledgers get the album on the 20th (a week from the time of this post).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw that earlier today. I'll take it. It's still early.

For my favorite bands I'm usually not interested in leaks anyway, just because I like the ritual of having an official copy to listen to first.

I'm not sure what tier you opted for in the pledge campaign, InsectGod, but I've enjoyed the IAMX take on crowd-funding. Outside of the handful of free mp3s they gave us (instrumental KoWA tracks etc.), I really appreciate the direct communication with the fans on their actual PledgeMusic profile. Of course they also threw in some really fun, unique rewards - including the Meet & Greet option which I (and I'm sure plenty others) requested in the months prior to launch. It was really gratifying to see that fulfilled.

More than anything else, though, I probably get the most satisfaction out knowing my money is going directly to the artist. That counts for a lot. There will be an artwork+lyrics PDF, too. I'm always down with that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The mailouts for the physical copies is a bit shit. I probably won't get mine until the week after and I'm in Europe. Gah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw that e-mail, soon after i wrote that last post. I feel like I should be embarrassed for complaining like I did, but I'm not. Sending out the psychical copies out as late as they are is unprofessional. What's the point of pre-ordering ( the vinyl tier) if someone (in Germany) can go out and buy a copy at a good record shop? Besides supporting one of my favorite musicians there really wasn't any point in me pre-ordering. I just pre-ordered SUUNS new album on vinyl and granted it was coming from North American to the west coast, but I still got it in the mail before the official release. That is how a pre-order should work. I realize that things can go wrong, or take longer than planned with album releases. I guess I'm just dissapointed with the whole pledge thing. It's insane to me that we aren't getting a download early
    Last edited by InsectGod; 03-14-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I see where you're coming from. It's easy for me not to be upset since I didn't go for any physical product - who knows what I'd be saying if I did.

I pre-ordered the Suuns album too (thanks for the heads-up on that by the way) and got it at least 6 days in advance. Hopefully the feedback from this Pledge campaign informs/improves the next one - I have a feeling this first attempt obliterated their expectations.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's out there/pledgers got theirs earlier today.

Really solid album. Not too pushed on "Come Home" and a few tracks are growers though. "Screams" is by far the standout track for me. Looking forward to the treasure box to see the DVD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm digging the new album. Its better than I thought it was going to be after hearing the snippets. I still don't like the title track and I can't like trials either. But I found myself surprised a few times by some of the sounds coming from my speakers, and at the same time I feel like the album is familar. It's nice to finally have to album, I've already copied it to my computer , phone, and mp3 player On repeat right now. I'll let you guys know when I get sick of it.
    Edit: Still not sick of it yet. I really like all the songs except for the ones I mentions above. Favorite tracks I come with knives, The adrenaline room, Under atomic skys, Animal impulses. I'd rate it a 7.0
    Last edited by InsectGod; 03-27-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    anyone know where to buy it state-side (preferably on vinyl), or should i just wait until i see him in may?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The lyrics of "Screams" reminds me of Lindsay Lohan. WTF. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you should just wait and buy it on tour. I'm sure they will be selling some.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In case you missed it, Chris did a track-by-track commentary here: http://www.fluxfm.de/programm/wochen...cial-mit-iamx/

I've only listened to the entire album about 3 times all the way through, but I agree that it's very solid. "Screams" floors me. Definitely a standout. Based on the clip of it we heard from the video diaries, I always thought it would be more of a traditional ballad. The dulcimer combined with Chris's trademark programming makes it soar though.

"Land of Broken Promises" blows me away, too. It really makes me want to dance and drink (in either order) for extended periods of time, which is unfortunately ironic. I wouldn't mind if that song went on for another 5 minutes or so.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 03-29-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Setlist from Brussels last night (and probably for this leg of the tour):
    Spoiler:
    Animal Impulses
    Sorrow
    Kiss + Swallow
    Kingdom of Welcome Addiction
    Tear Garden
    My Secret Friend
    Trials
    The Unified Field
    Cold Red Light
    Walk With The Noise
    Music People
    The Alternative
    -------------------
    I Come With Knives
    President
    Nightlife
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 03-29-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: formatting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting that setlist. I wish they weren't singing trials, especially in the middle of the show. How strange. It's a sleeper

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Minor changes at the second show: Spit It Out was played as the sixth track, no President.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A nice set list , mostly upbeat aggresive songs, which I think should dominate an IAMX show, with a few crashes with a low song, only to rise up again into the insanity. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IAMX AGAIN IN MAY! It's been 5 years... too long. I'm not sure if I want to stand back and get a video recording of the show or just be right on the stage for the madness. Both IAMX shows I've attended I was close to the action but a video would be tottally blown out if I was on right there

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just got back from the show at Lincoln Hall here in Chicago. it was incredible. the crowd was wonderfully responsive and there was good energy throughout. pretty much the same setlist from above. the band is really fantastic and they play so well together.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The NYC show was goddamn fantastic. Best show I've ever seen them put on.

The night before the concert happened to be miserable for me, so getting to release all that frustration in one glorious sex-fest was actually really emotional and amazing for me. Tears were shed. Experiencing "Cold, Red Light" live was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received: Every music fan deserves to experience IAMX performing that live.

It didn't hurt that I participated in my long-awaited Meet & Greet with the band prior to the show. I got some video of (which sounded great), though we unfortunately didn't get brought upstairs until after they ran through "The Unified Field." There were 5 Meet & Greeters total.

In the dressing room we hung out and drank wine until the band came up. For the record, Chris Corner is a fucking gentleman, through and through. Couldn't be nicer. One of the guys in our group owns a Japanese Green Tea Company, so he gave the band some cool tea stuff. A girl from West Virginia gave Chris this great Red & Black blazer, which he tried on right then and there (and is wearing in our pictures), and he looked great in it - so naturally he put it on for the encore and gave the girl a shout-out! Brilliant.

Janine and the rest of the band were total sweethearts, too. Of course, I wish I said X, Y, Z, but it was a lovely experience and I made some friends along the way. April 26th was one of the worst and best days of my life. Luckily, the "best" part came after the "worst" part.