Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Webcomics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Webcomics.

You kids read them things? I'm pretty selective about them, but the ones I do read I follow religiously. Liz Suburbia's Sacred Heart got bigged-up in this great io9 article recently; that article inspired me to recommend it here. I also think that if Questionable Content's Jeph Jacques keeps his output up, in a few years we're going to be talking about him the way we talk about Charles Schulz.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm a regular follower of:

XKCD
    Perry Bible Fellowship
    The Oatmeal

Always like looking through the authors' recommendations to find new stuff as well!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, the Oatmeal author and I pretty much share a sense of humour. I once told a friend that I write the Oatmeal in my sleep and he kinda believed me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I read Homestuck. Feel free to judge me.

Normally I don't take "just keep reading, it gets SO MUCH BETTER later on" as much of a recommendation, but about six months ago when I had nothing to do with my life besides send out job applications and feel sorry for myself, I read my way through the archives. It's true that the first act is very out-of-place, almost nothing like the rest of the story-- it's a light-hearted setup that takes a mood whiplash at the end and keeps going. The comic's pretty enjoyable, and the longer Flash sequences that close out acts are fantastic, but my god the fandom is terrifying.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://catversushuman.blogspot.com/
    for all the crazy cat people

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    How about we move this to the literature forum so it doesn't just die?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, anyone with the power, fill your boots. Although the Literature forum is hardly the hottest party spot in town, just sayin'.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    No but reading books takes a while, so the slower pace here reflects that

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    I read Homestuck. Feel free to judge me.

Normally I don't take "just keep reading, it gets SO MUCH BETTER later on" as much of a recommendation, but about six months ago when I had nothing to do with my life besides send out job applications and feel sorry for myself, I read my way through the archives. It's true that the first act is very out-of-place, almost nothing like the rest of the story-- it's a light-hearted setup that takes a mood whiplash at the end and keeps going. The comic's pretty enjoyable, and the longer Flash sequences that close out acts are fantastic, but my god the fandom is terrifying.
    I'm like 2300 pages in, this shit is a post-modern masterpiece. How had I not heard of this?? I knew I was a goner when I already loved it in the first act. It's crazy how deep in internet culture you have to be to fully understand the style and logic.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Scott Mcloud's webcomics are awesome, friendly to read on a browser too!

http://www.scottmccloud.com/1-webcomics/zot/index.html