Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    don't remember if i said it in this thread already but i actually liked 2049 more than the original so i am so on board for more from denis

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't remember if i said it in this thread already but i actually liked 2049 more than the original so i am so on board for more from denis

Me too. I put it up there with Terminator 2 and The Godfather Part Two, and I really don't say that lightly

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Honestly i'd watch hours of just random footage shot by Denis in that world with it's BEAUTIFUL cinematography and droning score!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Honestly i'd watch hours of just random footage shot by Denis Roger Deakins in that world with it's BEAUTIFUL cinematography and droning score!
    Fixed that fo ya. But yeah, Dennis did a really good job and totally deserves a carte blanche on future projects.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Can't decide if I like the second one more than the first one. Its narrative is more gripping and the first one has more flaws overall, but then again there wouldn't be a follow up if it weren't for the original and despite its flaws it has THAT atmosphere. Also, the score!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Can't decide if I like the second one more than the first one. Its narrative is more gripping and the first one has more flaws overall, but then again there wouldn't be a follow up if it weren't for the original and despite its flaws it has THAT atmosphere. Also, the score!
    i love both but i find the sequel far more compelling and i'm able to connect with it far more deeply on an emotional level.

also, i think both scores (while very different) are excellent.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm with @eversonpoe on this one. I only recently saw Blade Runner 2049 (like 3 weeks ago) and I loved it and wondered why I hadn't watched it earlier. I've even owned it for over a year, but only recently actually watched it. I was waiting for my wife at first, but after realizing that she didn't have much interest in it, I was planning to prepare by re-watching the original, which I'd have to be in the right mood to throw on because I find it to be extremely slow at times. That exposition dump in the beginning is all the reminder you really need, though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My fandom propelled for the series recently from a watch binge led to me to buying a super awesome silk canvas poster for 2049, professionally printed. I'll share in this thread whenever I get it and a frame.

This one:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-07-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Every time I see this movie title I think of this game. Still the best version of Rush and I wish they'd do an HD remake of it or even the whole series, something.

That said, I need to watch the movie. I also need to watch the first one with my son so it's in the queue.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Don't forget to watch the short animated episodes which are officialy part of Blade Runner 2049. They contain small pieces of the figurative puzzle.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My fandom propelled for the series recently from a watch binge led to me to buying a super awesome silk canvas poster for 2049, professionally printed. I'll share in this thread whenever I get it and a frame.
    The USPS is crap.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The USPS is crap.

What happened?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    What happened?
    It was shipped from a foreign country and got to the US in 5 days. It then took nearly 3 and a half weeks to get from NYC to NC. It was shipped incorrectly twice to different cities and one was a city in a different state. Huge gaps between updates (like 4-6 days) and to top it off I couldn't get any info regarding its whereabouts after the last forwarded address correction. I know the pandemic has things stifled and halted a bit but 3 and a half weeks? Fuck off. Piss poor.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It was shipped from a foreign country and got to the US in 5 days. It then took nearly 3 and a half weeks to get from NYC to NC. It was shipped incorrectly twice to different cities and one was a city in a different state. Huge gaps between updates (like 4-6 days) and to top it off I couldn't get any info regarding its whereabouts after the last forwarded address correction. I know the pandemic has things stifled and halted a bit but 3 and a half weeks? Fuck off. Piss poor.
    Oh, wow! Yeah, that's rough. Glad you finally got it, though. Looks good!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I've seen the original BR (all 500 versions of it) like 100 times. 2049 is amazing visually and viscerally and I could watch that one over and over and over again at will, too..

For anyone here who is into video games, they're working on some kind of remastered deluxe edition of the 1997 Blade Runner "sidequel" game that was originally for PC, but will be available for purchase (and playable) on the PS4 online store. It was supposed to come out this year but they're still working on it and it looks like it's been pushed to 2021, which is fine because it got pretty great reviews at the time of its release, is rare af and will be the first time many fans of the series will have access to it..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I heard about that...has anyone here actually played the original?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, I still have the original digipak with the CD-Roms in it lying around somewhere. It was a nice point and click adventure game.

The new character models looked a bit 90's... with their goatees and hairstyles and leathercoats and whatnot.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It is as the title says only "enhanced" though. 60 frames and 4k resolution afaik but I guess the playability will be greatly enhanced as well with no more discs to switch and a more stable framerate. Looking forward to play that more than Cyberpunk 2077 which mostly lacks that gritty retro-futuristic aspect of Cyberpunk for me.

A little off-topic: There are quite a few (indie-)games in developement, mostly pixel art, that I'm looking forward alot that have a similar aesthetic, namely Lacuna, The Drifter and of course the long awaited The Last Night (which will probably never be released...). I also need to give Cloudpunk a playthrough once it gets it's latest update.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    A little off-topic: There are quite a few (indie-)games in developement, mostly pixel art, that I'm looking forward alot that have a similar aesthetic, namely Lacuna, The Drifter and of course the long awaited The Last Night (which will probably never be released...). I also need to give Cloudpunk a playthrough once it gets it's latest update.
    Did you check out "Gemini Rue"? It's a few years old at this point, but has that BR future noir kinda vibe to it. It's very good.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Nice, will check that out!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Posted in the random news thread, but to keep things up to date here as well:

Ridley Scott produced 'Blade Runner 2099' picked up by Amazon.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    2049 is now on Netflix as well.