Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Every Time I Die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Every Time I Die

ETID

Many times imitated by crappy metalcore shit, no one comes close.

EX LIVES last effort is an incredible album, the best in their catalogue (better than Hot Damn?...yup)

Love the writing and humor of Keith Buckley.

Any fan here?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I used to like "Gutter Phenomenon" a lot, their biggest record in my opinion, i like them haven't heard "X Lives", is it good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I used to like "Gutter Phenomenon" a lot, their biggest record in my opinion, i like them haven't heard "X Lives", is it good?
    Do yourself a favor
    go and listen to it NOW

(no kidding, it's awesome shit)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ok, im going to order it...

hope it has awesome tracks like this one:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ok, im going to order it...

hope it has awesome tracks like this one:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i wanna be dead with my friends.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ex-Lives is pretty sick. Their best work since Hot Damn! in my opinion. They still absolutely kill it live, too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ I agree. Ex Lives is pretty fucking epic. It never slows down and it's a pretty big punch to the face musically. They didn't hold back at all in on this album. Kind of surprising that they are going to be on the bill for Warped Tour this year. I might go just to see them play.

How are their live shows??
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-16-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've only seen them once but they were great, and continue to be from what I hear.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    They're a pretty cool band. I can't stand We'rewolf though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They're a pretty cool band. I can't stand We'rewolf though.
    To each his own I guess...I love that song.
    The Big Dirty was my favorite album, until Ex LIves .

Anyway, if anyone want a good laugh check this:

http://www.keith-buckley.com/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    ^^^ I agree. Ex Lives is pretty fucking epic. It never slows down and it's a pretty big punch to the face musically. They didn't hold back at all in on this album. Kind of surprising that they are going to be on the bill for Warped Tour this year. I might go just to see them play.

How are their live shows??

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    as a fan who checked out after Hot Damn, and whp's favorite album is Last Night In Town, Ex-Lives was a shock, and a great one. punch to the face, like you said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just wanted to post this video here
    I can't get enough from Ex- Lives, what a fucking great album

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I downloaded Ex-Lives from this thread's recent revival and I like what I hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I downloaded Ex-Lives from this thread's recent revival and I like what I hear.
    yup.
    it's a grower, I've been stuck to for months now.
    Relentess shit

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was thinking of going to shitty Warped Tour just to see them in town. I'd love to catch their live set one of these days; especially after hearing Ex-Lives.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Every Time I Die

After recently getting more into these guys for the first time in ages and recently buying a few of their albums on vinyl I said fuck it, I know there's some ETS'ers that MUST be fans also so let's make a thread! I've been a moderate fan since 2007 when I seen the "We'rewolf" music video on MTV2's Headbangers Ball however I always checked out the latest stuff. Being more explorative to their discography than I was (plus not as many albums) in 2007 made me go "let's go full bore" to their tunes.

They're an odd band to genre place and also place in a specific demographic. They fit in a lot of circles really... I personally consider them a less abrasive Dillinger Escape Plan mixed with more catchy hooks and sing-a-longs. Their latest album, Low Teens, is phenomenal and I full recommend it and any of their albums to even the most casual metal fan. Maybe we can generate some talk? No one I'm friends with is into this band except one girl and she's very hands off.

I feel NIN fans would appreciate this group in some form, even with all their often tongue in cheek goofy nature.

I offer you some great cuts for an introduction! (Second video NSFW)

Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-24-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ETID is great live, super intense. I admit the last album I bought from them was New Junk Aesthetic (2009). I've only heard snippets of the new record, it's one I've been meaning to pick up for a minute.
    I would certainly recommend their live show to anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ETID have never disappointed in a live setting. Despite all its praise, I thought their newest (Low Teens) was a bit of a disappointment after From Parts Unknown. All that said, terrific band.

Last edited by Archive_Reports; 08-25-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Been a fan since the early, Logic of Crocodiles days. Their ability to stay relevant, grow and obtain a bigger fanbase considering the scene they came out of is very impressive. Probably the best sense of humor of any band out there as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    ETID is great live, super intense. I admit the last album I bought from them was New Junk Aesthetic (2009). I've only heard snippets of the new record, it's one I've been meaning to pick up for a minute.
    I would certainly recommend their live show to anyone who hasn't seen them yet.
    They strike me as a wild live band. Haven't had the chance to ever see them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    ETID have never disappointed in a live setting. Despite all its praise, I thought their newest (Low Teens) was a bit of a disappointment after From Parts Unknown. All that said, terrific band.

All their albums are tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Been a fan since the early, Logic of Crocodiles days. Their ability to stay relevant, grow and obtain a bigger fanbase considering the scene they came out of is very impressive. Probably the best sense of humor of any band out there as well.
    Not surprised to hear you like them.

I love their videos and artwork. Humor translates well and every interview I've seen has been genuine. This band is creative and seems in it all for fun and it shows.

I listened to the recent Jasta Show podcast episode and Andy Williams was the guest. Was a good, insightful listen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Big fan of ETID, that being said anyone into Maylene and the Sons of Disaster?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by In Arms of Undertow View Post
    Big fan of ETID, that being said anyone into Maylene and the Sons of Disaster?
    Represent!

Yeah, they're not bad. They were fairly popular when I was in high school and I knocked back to some of their material then. Maybe I should go back and revisit them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Represent!

Yeah, they're not bad. They were fairly popular when I was in high school and I knocked back to some of their material then. Maybe I should go back and revisit them.
    Sweet another human aware of MATSOD.

Unfortunately Dallas was in a major accident last year and it's unlikely he will sufficiently recover to make/perform music again.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After those awesome singles last year and earlier this year we now have a new music video/single along with album pre-orders up. I personally went the King's Road option for the album since it's less of a headache than other retailers.

Radical is out October 22nd.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bump, per Space Suicide's request

Looking at the tour dates and seriously considering Philly in late March. Would love to get to a show again!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Bump, per Space Suicide's request

Looking at the tour dates and seriously considering Philly in late March. Would love to get to a show again!
    I’d see them on that tour along with Spiritbox. Can’t say I really give a damn about UnderOath. I’m also considering it but don’t wanna deal with all the Covid nonsense.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    ETID have broken up.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What a shame. At least they went out on their best album. Keith sounds like such an asshole these days.