Page 50 of 191 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I really like the Dresden Dolls but I can't stand Amanda Palmer. Who does she think she is giving out advice to Morrissey and writing poetry about the Boston marathon bomber? She's Courtney Love 2.0: media whore.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    But she doesn't shave so that means she's a feminist and totally awesome.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I really like the Dresden Dolls but I can't stand Amanda Palmer. Who does she think she is giving out advice to Morrissey and writing poetry about the Boston marathon bomber? She's Courtney Love 2.0: media whore.
    Gotta agree with this one, i'm a huge fan of The Dresden Dolls but i find her a bit annoying and egomaniac.

I know that also the artists don't have to be "nice" all the time and i would have this opinion regardless this experience but:
    I met the Dolls once after a concert and i brought my CD for them to sign it, Brian was great and very nice to me but Amanda was such a bitch and she didn't even looked at me (or answered) when i said: "Thank you", so rude.

Just wanted it to get it out of my system, i do think she's extremely talented and she has an awesome husband, i really want to hear that "Conversations" disc with him...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ok, hopefully I don't get too much backlash for this one...

I just don't find anything appealing about Queens Of The Stoneage or Autolux. I know they are very popular in the NIN community since they have had toured together and have had minor collaborations. They seem to be popular with newer/younger NIN fans. When I got into NIN in the mid 90s, Trent was raving about Coil, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, The Cure etc. I found these groups to be mind blowing, but the newer crowd could care less and would rather listen to Tool or QOTSA. So am I missing something, or is it just some weird generational gap?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Controversial Music Opinions...

Probably generational I would think. Though I don't think it would be much of stretch either way for me personally though again that's probably due to my age.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I agree with some of the sacred cows they've chosen to slaughter here, but this list is utter bullshit. There are some bands on here that shouldn't be anywhere near this list, and you can't even say "well, they're not going to bother with the obviously shitty bullshit like Hootie and the Blowfish or The Spin Doctors" because they did.

I'm not the biggest Raconteurs fan, but Carolina Drama is an amazing song, and it immediately disqualifies them from being on a list like this. That's not an edgy opinion, it's just stupid.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I agree with some of the sacred cows they've chosen to slaughter here, but this list is utter bullshit. There are some bands on here that shouldn't be anywhere near this list, and you can't even say "well, they're not going to bother with the obviously shitty bullshit like Hootie and the Blowfish or The Spin Doctors" because they did.

I'm not the biggest Raconteurs fan, but Carolina Drama is an amazing song, and it immediately disqualifies them from being on a list like this. That's not an edgy opinion, it's just stupid.
    I agree with a majority on the list (Animal Collective, Hootie, Phish and 4 Non Blonds) but a few are better than given credit, one of which you listed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Controversial Music Opinions...

WTF??? Now I don't like some of those bands but to go from RHCP to Pretty Ricky and then end with douche Mathews? No offense ladies but this looks like a list made by people on the rag. If it was written by the same person it would carry more weight. As it stands it's like they got 20 people out if bed without coffee and said what band pissed you off, go. I want to get paid to write garbage like this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Lists like these are just an excuse for lack of journalism skills.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The 20 worst hipster bands list is better

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    The 20 worst hipster bands list is better
    Linkage for us? LOL

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Linkage for us? LOL
    http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...all_time_c.php

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    How Sufjan isn't at the top of that (or ANYONE ELSE'S) list is beyond me. Most of that list is bullshit but Bon Iver and The Decemberists, totally dead on. Where was Animal Collective?
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-06-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: To add the abomination that is Animal Erection

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    RHCP do not belong on that list. They are one of the great rock bands of our generation.
    Also, no Nickelback? Everyone knows they're the worst band in the world.
    Bang on about LCD Soundsystem though: garbage.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post

I just don't find anything appealing about Queens Of The Stoneage or Autolux. I know they are very popular in the NIN community since they have had toured together and have had minor collaborations. They seem to be popular with newer/younger NIN fans. When I got into NIN in the mid 90s, Trent was raving about Coil, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, The Cure etc. I found these groups to be mind blowing, but the newer crowd could care less and would rather listen to Tool or QOTSA. So am I missing something, or is it just some weird generational gap?
    I'm old enough that I should have been paying attention to those bands in the 90s. In fact I'd better add some of that stuff to my Spotify queue before I forget again.

But I also liked everything on QOTSA's Rated R, and I generally approve of the opening acts he's been picking since With Teeth (Dresden Dolls included).

… Not gonna reward LA Weekly for those click-bait lists because every fucking entry is a separate page load. Assholes.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    This list is lame. Although I don't like a lot of the bands on this list, to include Rush on the list is blasphemy!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^That list went to shit when they included "Rush" and "Pearl Jam", as wrestling fans we should know when to recognize a "cheap heel heat"...

I do agree that Hootie & the Blowfish might be one of the worst bands ever!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 11-07-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It's hard to believe that once upon a time there was a popular rock song with the lyric "I'm such a baby oh the dolphins make me cry"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Bang on about LCD Soundsystem though: garbage.
    How you can call a band who wrote a song like Dance Yrself Clean "garbage" is beyond me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The top 20 worst bands list - Sex Pistols were never really about the music - They were Malcom Mclaurens puppets. So i agree with the Faces comment. However as a cultural force their importance cant be under estimated.
    Lydons Public Image Ltd was musically a far, far, greater entity. Public Image is one of the greatest songs ever recorded.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    One of the worst non-grindcore band names ever too. Whenever I see it I feel strongly compelled to riff on it Beavis and Butthead style.

"Uhuhuhuhuh... Blow."

About the only worse name I can think of is Hoobastank. Just thinking about that "word" makes me wince with embarrassment. Even if they made great music I'd refuse to listen to it. Luckily, they're shit.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    wow, what an absolute piece of shit website...

"Top 20 Worst Bands of All Time"
    "The 20 Worst Hipster Bands"
    "Why Katy Perry's Roar Sucks"
    "10 Music Industry Lies"
    "Halloween Costumes You're Bound To See"
    "6 Anti Establishment Songs Not by Rage"
    "10 Reasons the door guy hates you."

and it goes on. pages and pages of this dogshit. jesus christ.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    wow, what an absolute piece of shit website...

"Top 20 Worst Bands of All Time"
    "The 20 Worst Hipster Bands"
    "Why Katy Perry's Roar Sucks"
    "10 Music Industry Lies"
    "Halloween Costumes You're Bound To See"
    "6 Anti Establishment Songs Not by Rage"
    "10 Reasons the door guy hates you."

and it goes on. pages and pages of this dogshit. jesus christ.
    They're inspired by the Cracked dot com school of journalism

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This list is trolling when it puts Pearl Jam and Rush in there (although I don't even really like Pearl Jam) - but I love it for putting Oasis in there - being British and at college in the 90s they were in your face the whole time and although I liked a few of their songs at first, they got old really quick and I can't STAND Liam Gallagher's voice. When somebody in the pub I frequented decided to put What's The Story on the jukebox twice in a row, and then continued with selected tracks, it took me over the edge to hatred of the band!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

It's ok, you're just deaf old chap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what if I like both?

but I prefer ministry, coil, skinny puppy etc to be honest and I'm 23 ...age doesn't matter I guess

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    One of the worst non-grindcore band names ever too. Whenever I see it I feel strongly compelled to riff on it Beavis and Butthead style.

"Uhuhuhuhuh... Blow."

About the only worse name I can think of is Hoobastank. Just thinking about that "word" makes me wince with embarrassment. Even if they made great music I'd refuse to listen to it. Luckily, they're shit.
    Best joke ever:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    This list is lame. Although I don't like a lot of the bands on this list, to include Rush on the list is blasphemy!
    What?! WHAT?!

Now I hate the writers just for breathing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson at his combined musical, creative and visual peak was better than Trent at his personal peak.