Page 153 of 191 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Stone Roses are massively overrated.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The Stone Roses are massively overrated.
    You say this, but then you say Michael Jackson is one of the greatest...

michael Jackson was the most overrated musician of all time imo. This opinion has nothing to do with him being a rapist monster btw

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    You say this, but then you say Michael Jackson is one of the greatest...

michael Jackson was the most overrated musician of all time imo. This opinion has nothing to do with him being a rapist monster btw
    I don't remember saying that. Maybe I did. He was one of the great entertainers. I rather listen to MJ than the SR.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I don't remember saying that. Maybe I did. He was one of the great entertainers. I rather listen to MJ than the SR.
    I guess I'm about on the same level there, outside of a few choice tracks from both that are worth noting... like "I am the Resurrection" and "Smooth Criminal"

Fool's Gold is pretty great too!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not sure if this applies, but the first time I heard Britney Spears on the radio I thought she was black. I think "Baby One More Time" was a radio song that was surfacing around on pop and R&B stations before the video came out. When I saw it for the first time I might have even thought where is she before realizing it was being sung by the blonde mouthing the words.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't get Ghost at all. Like, there are a few songs that I enjoy but they sound like the Scorpions and look like Dimmu Borgir. How do fans reconcile this difference? Are they that much different live or something? And I mean actually live, like at the show where you feel the music.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Not sure if this applies, but the first time I heard Britney Spears on the radio I thought she was black. I think "Baby One More Time" was a radio song that was surfacing around on pop and R&B stations before the video came out. When I saw it for the first time I might have even thought where is she before realizing it was being sung by the blonde mouthing the words.
    Years back somebody made me listen to some of Britney's earlier recordings: singing in talent shows as a kid as well as some demos. She has a much bigger voice than I had heard in her songs on the radio with a far darker tone and it's quite nice.

Allegedly the sorta baby-voice styling she has done on most of her recordings is something her team insisted on because they thought it was more commercially accessible. Which obviously, they were correct. But I still prefer her darker tone in the earlier recordings and makes me wonder what she would have sounded like if she continued to perform/train with that tone in mind rather than the brighter tone she is more known for.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My husband asked me about Bon Iver because they were mentioned in a comic he read as having put 2 pilots into a coma

so I asked Alexa to put 22 a million on our Sonos speakers and my God what a load of boring shit - this stuff got a 9 on Pitchfork which confirms my belief that some ‘hype’ bands pay for positive reviews - the only explanation for this

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    My husband asked me about Bon Iver because they were mentioned in a comic he read as having put 2 pilots into a coma

so I asked Alexa to put 22 a million on our Sonos speakers and my God what a load of boring shit - this stuff got a 9 on Pitchfork which confirms my belief that some ‘hype’ bands pay for positive reviews - the only explanation for this
    Another coffee house indie band that Pitchfork loves that I could totally take-or-leave.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Another coffee house indie band that Pitchfork loves that I could totally take-or-leave.
    i actually read the Bon Iver thread on this forum and at least expected something entertainingly bad, but nope!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bon Iver is talented but such boring dreck, I don't wanna listen to him. Quite the quandary.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

That album was exactly what I needed for what I was dealing with that summer. The rest of his stuff? Yeah, I don't get it at all. Which makes my love for that album all the more strange, tbh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Trivium has become a guilty pleasure this week....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Trivium has become a guilty pleasure this week....
    Had a lot of friends into these guys, even seen them at a few festivals, just never been a big fan.

Now if we're talking guilty pleasures, the B-52's Roam is one of mine.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Had a lot of friends into these guys, even seen them at a few festivals, just never been a big fan.

Trivium are not a bad band they’re just really, really derivative and copy a lot of Metallica tropes. They’re not bad they just don’t stand out but I had on Silence in the Snow this week and it was pretty good for radio friendly metal.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-30-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

Love the B-52's--no shame in liking them.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, The B-52's were legitimately unconventional (not unlike Devo) in their early days. Granted, they were less interesting artistically by the time they actually had hits, but yeah. Cool band.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They put out a reunion album in 2008. Haven't listened to it in forever, but it was good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Smashing Pumpkins circa 2012 were better than the current lineup. Oceania was their best post-90's album, that lineup had more fire in the belly than the reunited band of today and the live show was better too, more exciting. Not saying the 2012 lineup was better than the SP of the 90's, just better than the band is right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Goo > Daydream Nation

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Don't know where else to post this, thought I'd share. This was, interesting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Billie Eilish is an industry plant who had an unfair advantage. She never paid her dues like Trent and Lady Gaga did. Her family lives in LA, her brother's a music producer and both of her parents are musicians.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Billie Eilish is an industry plant who had an unfair advantage. She never paid her dues like Trent and Lady Gaga did. Her family lives in LA, her brother's a music producer and both of her parents are musicians.
    I'm a 40 year old guy, so obviously her music isn't anything I could relate to, but she seems talented and she speaks to today's youth and seems authentic, so good for her.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The ~$20 “taxes and fees” upcharge for a $100 ticket honestly never really bothered me- probably because I’m so used to it by now. And bitch about TM all we want but the website is laid out really well and outside of not being able to secure “in demand” tickets the site/server never crashed or necessarily fucked me over to the point where I hated the experience like some of the smaller ticket places I attempt to purchase at. AXS for example, where who knows WTF algorithm they use for “best seats available” is. Anyways, it’s not so much about the fees but places like StubHub (and later TM for “verifier resale”) that can LEGALLY have hundreds of tickets up for sale prior to any other sale. Discuss(?):

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN20K2ZO

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Don't know where else to post this, thought I'd share. This was, interesting.
    I figured that it could've easily fit into the actual Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles thread, since it counts something released for home video, with the actual video being played and not just the music itself.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...-Ninja-Turtles

As for me, I'm always just a sucker for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and 1990s nostalgia so I don't mind at all even in spite of how they looked and sounded, especially considering how it was aimed to the much younger fans at the time. (As I'm also considering the fans that grew up the franchise since 1984.)

Not to mention, I really do like the song Pizza Power.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-27-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ahhhh Throwdown. Such dumb sxe content. We can, and have, done better.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Ahhhh Throwdown. Such dumb sxe content. We can, and have, done better.
    Throwdown was rad and Haymaker was fun as shit.

More on topic: Rammstein are boring and I just don't understand the adulation.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    More on topic: Rammstein are boring and I just don't understand the adulation.
    +1

I haven't enjoyed a single song of theirs I've heard.

Their on-stage antics of cumming/pissing all over everything and anal sex is gross. It's fake as hell, sure. It just comes across as immature to me. Reminds me of GG Allin, which is a huge fucking turn-off.