Page 149 of 191 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That ain't bad but I prefer "Lights" and "Who's Crying Now".

A band I like, Crippled Black Phoenix, did a really good cover of one of their pre-Perry songs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I mean, idk. But I would certainly enjoy a well crafted dramatization.
    @WorzelG , there is already a Cobain biopic? I've never heard of or seen one.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    only good Journey song:

It's kinda hard at times. And the video is absurd, part. the keyboard stuck to the outdoor wall of a building.
    Nah, "Wheel in the Sky" is great too...

I don't get all this Journey "hate", they sure where bland but they had good songs and from the 70's Pop perspective they are more than ok, there are worse bands...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Steve's voice is amazing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Nah, "Wheel in the Sky" is great too...

I don't get all this Journey "hate", they sure where bland but they had good songs and from the 70's Pop perspective they are more than ok, there are worse bands...
    I had no idea they did the original of this song! Just listened. Always thought it was somebody else. I think I've only heard covers of it. Agreed, great song.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I had no idea they did the original of this song! Just listened. Always thought it was somebody else. I think I've only heard covers of it. Agreed, great song.
    Thanks to "The Sopranos" i fell in love with that song, even one of the greatest series of all time uses Journey twice!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I mean, idk. But I would certainly enjoy a well crafted dramatization.
    @WorzelG , there is already a Cobain biopic? I've never heard of or seen one.
    ? Montage of heck?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ? Montage of heck?
    i mean, yeah, but wouldn't you put that kind of more into documentary territory?
    @eversonpoe , is the one you linked any good?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    i mean, yeah, but wouldn't you put that kind of more into documentary territory?
    I just feel like there’s so much bollocks, lies, misinformation about Kurt Cobain it would be nigh on impossible to get any truth out of it!
    Although I have to say one angle that would be more interesting to me would be to tell the story from a band perspective, Courtney Love got her face so emmeshed in the whole thing and made it all about her and their shitty love story (if you call getting up the duff and then marrying because of it like it was the fucking 1950s or something anything to do with love) you wouldn’t think there was a band at all

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Are there any popular covers of Wheel In The Sky? I even googled and nothing comes up outside of some that I e never heard.

And yeah, that’s a cool tune.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i mean, it's a gus van sant movie, part of his death trilogy along with elephant and gerry. it's moody and upsetting but beautifully done. i've had a crush on michael pitt forever so i'll at least try to watch anything with him in it. it's definitely worth watching but it's not gonna make you feel good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think Iron Maiden is kinda boring. Always have.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    IDK if I've said this already but here goes: Taylor Swift's music is LEAGUES ahead of the vast majority of overplayed, lifeless, safe radio-pop that has come out over the last few years.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Low's "The Great Destroyer" is just as good as any sacred untouchable rock record...

Their new album is better than The Great Destroyer. It's fucking unreal how good it is.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Low's "The Great Destroyer" is just as good as any sacred untouchable rock record...

Their new album is better than The Great Destroyer. It's fucking unreal how good it is.
    yeah, i keep going back to double negative and it blows me away every time. really hoping someone gets it for me on vinyl for x-mas or my b-day!

i got into them when the great destroyer was their newest release, so i saw them tour on it twice, and they were incredible both times.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Yeah, Double Negative is just amazing. I've listened to it constantly since it came out. Such a beautiful album. I was lucky enough to see them live when they played in Indianapolis in March. It was a great and intimate show, and I even got to talk to Alan for a bit afterwards.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 12-17-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can’t stand Eddie Vedder - his martyr / Jesus complex is nauseating. I think this interview here is one of the worst I’ve ever read, Kurt Cobain was always slagging Pearl Jam off and then when he dies he has this turn the other cheek attitude that is sick-making! (To be fair the interviewer ridiculously overdramatises the exchange). I just want to tell him to get the fuck over himself
    http://www.angelfire.com/pop/raux/mu...interview.htmlg
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-23-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I can’t stand Eddie Vedder - his martyr / Jesus complex is nauseating. I think this interview here is one of the worst I’ve ever read, Kurt Cobain was always slagging Pearl Jam off and then when he dies he has this turn the other cheek attitude that is sick-making! (To be fair the interviewer ridiculously overdramatises the exchange). I just want to tell him to get the fuck over himself
    Then he borrows my lighter and starts burning the cork from the wine bottle we've just emptied and starts making up his face, drawing dark circles around his eyes, and a cross on his forehead. "This is going to make you look ever so weird," Gullick tells him. "Let me be as weird as I fuckin' like," Eddie says. "It's my fuckin' life."
    Inadvertently metal as fuck.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Black Keys are massively overrated. Heard "Howlin' For You" at Applebees, stupid, stupid song. Black Keys, The White Stripes, all that 00's retro garage rock is lame.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The Black Keys are massively overrated. Heard "Howlin' For You" at Applebees, stupid, stupid song. Black Keys, The White Stripes, all that 00's retro garage rock is lame.
    The White Stripes were great, but the Black Keys are one of those bands i could live without, so boring and generic...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-09-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The White Stripes were great, but the Black Keys are one of those band i could live without, so boring and generic...
    It's funny, but I agree. I love the White Stripes and I figured I'd love Black Keys as well since they make similar music. For a while I dug them, but now every time one of their songs comes up in my playlist I skip it. I think I'm just over them. Also, they're so freaking boring live. I saw them when Cage the Elephant opened for them and I was so bored. That's the only show where I didn't stick around the encore.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    It's funny, but I agree. I love the White Stripes and I figured I'd love Black Keys as well since they make similar music. For a while I dug them, but now every time one of their songs comes up in my playlist I skip it. I think I'm just over them. Also, they're so freaking boring live. I saw them when Cage the Elephant opened for them and I was so bored. That's the only show where I didn't stick around the encore.
    Jack White is someone who has experimented with his sound, and has written some great songs, whether you like his "retro" style or not, he's a talented guy.
    The Black Keys are just plain "retro": no hooks, nothing memorable, just retro style generic rock.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I kind of get where you are coming from, but to be fair, he was a shy young man who, overnight, was the biggest rock star in the world and hailed by fans and the media as the spokesman of his generation. That was a real mindfuck and he probably was just trying to adjust.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Orgy is seriously underrated.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Orgy is seriously underrated.
    First 2 albums, yes.

Vapor Transmission fucking rules.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    First 2 albums, yes.

Vapor Transmission fucking rules.
    Punk Statik Paranoia gets a lot of shit, but I loved the majority of it.

Last edited by Archive_Reports; 03-04-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yes, love them! I did see a picture of the lead singer (forget his name) recently and he looks totally different now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yes, love them! I did see a picture of the lead singer (forget his name) recently and he looks totally different now.
    He's looking a bit altered. Also, their new stuff is horrible.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I really don't understand when people say "I'll never pay over 10$ for [recorded music]!".

Like, they seem to equate the quality of the content based on how they can access it... (CD, vinyl, download, tape, neural implant) ...and that seems wrong to me. Because what we're paying for is "the music" and not how it's delivered to us (yeah, I know that prices can vary between formats and for good reason but that's not the point I'm making here). They seem to put an arbitrary hard limit on the format without knowing what the content truly is (and while we can sample recordings nowadays pretty easily, that's also beside the point I'm making). I can understand constraining oneself to a budget but that should be an overall concern and not a per format price point. It seems... needless.

But I come at this as someone who for over 25 years has gladly spent what disposable income I have on "buying music", if that matters at all.

Sure, you can think of it/them as "pieces of plastic or digital nothingness" but if that's the case, why are you bothering to buy them at all if that's your attitude? And if you aren't buying them, how else are you supporting the artists/bands you're listening to recordings of (and I'm not talking theoretically, I mean actual you've done it instead of buying a disc or download)?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    There's a dude I spoke to thats all for streaming. He's young, and 22, and I asked him point blank if music should be paid for in any form outside of streaming and he told me no. I asked there's NO artist that deserves your money directly and he said no.

Okay then. I guess music should be free? Pft.