Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188
Results 5,611 to 5,621 of 5621

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Speaking of Learning to Fly, I'm not so sure Dave didn't swipe that one from my favorite Dallas band

I thought it was the other way around until.recently. Plus, their guitar player is a self avowed Old 97s fan.

But yeah, @poinoup , My Hero is a station changer for me. It's not BAD. It's just, aggressively mediocre. It's what I'm AFRAID some of my own songs sound like to other people.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-04-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Best "celebrity" band is definitely Ryan Gosling's Dead Man's Bones.

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Ok..... ok..... I'm seriously about to lose my mind.

This is now the 6th day in a row I've woken up with You Can Call Me Al stuck in my head... just groggily waking and rampaging through my skull are the lyrics "you can be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal!" and "with some roly-poly bat-faced girl" and "I need another shot at redemption, where's my FUCKING BULLSHIT FUCK YOU PAUL SIMON I FUCKING HATE YOU

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Oh yeah, it was literally the first celeb band that came to my head. How about 30 Odd Foot of Grunts instead?
    Or Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Lol, my bad @Jinsai

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Controversial Music Opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ok..... ok..... I'm seriously about to lose my mind.

This is now the 6th day in a row I've woken up with You Can Call Me Al stuck in my head... just groggily waking and rampaging through my skull are the lyrics "you can be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal!" and "with some roly-poly bat-faced girl" and "I need another shot at redemption, where's my FUCKING BULLSHIT FUCK YOU PAUL SIMON I FUCKING HATE YOU
    maybe you secretly like it and itís now your theme song.

eta: i think ďcall me alĒ is better than most of the songs in toddler shows. thereís nothing like waking up in the middle of the night, trying to go back to sleep and having the paw patrol theme stuck in your head. even worse was mickey mouse clubhouse. oh toodles lived in my brain for at least two years. the only good theme song was miles from tomorrowland but my kids didnít really get into that show. beat bugs was cool for a minute but i was never a big beatles fan. i did really enjoy watching my kids figure out which beatles songs they liked and didnít like.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    TMBG did a version of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme, it's on one of their kid CDs as a bonus track.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    TMBG did a version of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme, it's on one of their kid CDs as a bonus track.
    they did the song for the show too. along with the hot dog song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    they did the song for the show too. along with the hot dog song.

Oh I wasn't sure which version you were watching or how old that theme song is.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Oh I wasn't sure which version you were watching or how old that theme song is.
    itís actually been so long since iíve heard it, i might be able to appreciate their craftsmanship on it again.

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    maybe you secretly like it and it’s now your theme song.

eta: i think “call me al” is better than most of the songs in toddler shows. there’s nothing like waking up in the middle of the night, trying to go back to sleep and having the paw patrol theme stuck in your head. even worse was mickey mouse clubhouse. oh toodles lived in my brain for at least two years. the only good theme song was miles from tomorrowland but my kids didn’t really get into that show. beat bugs was cool for a minute but i was never a big beatles fan. i did really enjoy watching my kids figure out which beatles songs they liked and didn’t like.
    It's just that the words are so mindless but seem to be implying something? I feel like if I could just figure out what the hell he means when he says "I could call you Betty" is all about, but I don't think that's going to happen... I honestly feel like if I could just get away from the mindlessness there...

EDIT: Oh my god... I just looked it up, and it's even worse than anything I could have imagined...

The famously funny yet enigmatic chorus, Simon said, came from a funny memory of going to a party at the New York apartment of Pierre Boulez, the conductor-composer. Simon and his first wife Peggy arrived, meeting their host at the door, who evidently had no clue who they were. Boulez introduced them to his guests as “Al and Betty.”

It was the first single from Graceland, and became a hit, launched by the famous music video with Chevy Chase.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-05-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Slaughter weren't that bad: