Page 37 of 191 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I keep trying but I can't get into it at all - M83 sucks. I'm sure they're nice people who play their instruments well, but the music reminds of me of music I didn't like when I was a kid, or something. Can't do it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What exactly have you heard from them? "Music I didn't like when I was a kid" perfectly sums up Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, I think. Their earlier stuff is way different.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The self titled, Dead Cities and Before the Dawn Heals Us are great, as is about 30% of S=Y. The latest album does nothing for me, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I liked M83 up until Before the Dawn Heals Us. The new stuff just sounds like a Thompson Twins homage or something.

They also used to be a great live band, but when I caught them at the FYF fest last year it was a pretty steep decline from the DIY intensity of the show I saw on the Before the Dawn tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    RHCP's One Hot Minute is so underrated. Awesome record. Maybe even their best.
    I cannot convey just how much I agree with you on this. It is such an awesome record, much edgier and darker than anything else they've done. Transcending, Deep Kick, Warped and My Friends have so much more depth than most of their latter songs. Love it, I still can't get over how much it gets shirked and ignored by critics/fans, etc.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    The self titled, Dead Cities and Before the Dawn Heals Us are great, as is about 30% of S=Y. The latest album does nothing for me, unfortunately.
    "Hurry up we're dreaming" is so f'n corny it hurts!
    I preferred their earlier work like "Before the Dawn heals us" (awesome album!) or "Dead cities, Red seas & lost ghosts", even "Saturdays = Youth" was better than "Hurry up..."
    The album has a couple of quality tracks like "midnight city" "Ok pal" and "Steve Mcqueen", besides those the album is just a corny atmospheres experiment with a U2-ish intention (I hated that)
    I know Anthony wanted to take a more commercial direction but geez... sometimes great groups get ruined because of that...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I LOVE about 75% of the album. its really well written. really awesome production. but the ones in dont like I really really dislike.

I did see them play a few months back with Big Black Delta and I was really impressed. I hadnt seen them play in the past so I had nothing to compare it too. But I really enjoyed the show.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    also, this song SUCKS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I HATE that song.

This song rules tho.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I still like the M83 stuff without vocals the best. I'm also completely confused by the "scripted vocal sample" thing, but at least that's usually easy enough to ignore (except when it has some annoying kid talking about magical frogs... or that laughably stupid line "I'm fifteen years old and I feel like it's already too late to live" in the song Graveyard Girl). I can get behind almost all of the stuff that doesn't sound like it's intentionally parodying 80s aesthetics.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Caught them live towards the end of last year and it was great... good because I'm not big on the last album.. sounds like Phil Collins to me, Midnight City was a great single, but the rest.. ehh... give me Colouers, Teen Angst and Unrecorded

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Funny to see everyone come around to voice their distaste for Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, I'm obviously in the minority but I loved that fucking record, especially "Raconte-Moi"! As a general question, though, do you guys tend to disdain of most stadium rock/"BIG music" that you hear? Do things like U2 and Coldplay set your teeth on edge, like they do with a lot of listeners? I have a funny relationship with that stuff, but it would be a lie to say that I hate it. I find Bono's personality much more offputting than his band's music, and I actually managed to get some use out of the last two Coldplay albums.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I like U2, until the "POP" era, the new stuff is awful...
    Im not the biggest "stadium rock fan" i do like Springsteen, Journey and even Bon f'n Jovi but i admit it's a style you get tired of really quick...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Controversial Music Opinions...

I hate Springsteen. His music is a fricking joke it's so corny. Ditto for bin Jovi and journey. Blechhhhhhh

I'd there's any kind of music I hate, it's that kind.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I hate Springsteen. His music is a fricking joke it's so corny. Ditto for bin Jovi and journey. Blechhhhhhh

I've tried listening to Bruce Springsteen 23484927465283 times and I still find it as bland and boring as I do the first time. Don't understand why he's so great and why his music is held in the highest regard.

I fucking hate Journey. That band sucks. I cringe every time I hear that lousy Don't Stop Believing song.

Don't like Bn Jovi either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hurry Up We're Dreaming is good, but double records exhaust me. I have to be in the right mood. I'm surprised how much attention he's getting for Midnight City though - even my thirteen-year-old nephew has that song on his iPod, and I used to hear it in the gym all the time. I still think Saturdays=Youth was his best (except for that pointless 11-minute ambient outro, which just screams "filler" to me). But in general I don't make a habit of listening to "BIG" music.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    That Limp Bizkit track from the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack is kinda my shit.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Then can you explain something to me? Why does FD say "Cause hate is all the world has even seen lately"? I've never understood that lyric, it seems grammatically wrong to me. Shouldn't it be "Cause hate is all the world has ever seen lately?" How can you sing a typo?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I always thought it was the latter, never knew he said "even" instead of "ever". But wait aggro, I thought you were the resident Bizkitologist on the board?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Yes, but this mystery eludes me yet!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Don't ask me, I'm an idiot, a loser, microphone abuser.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Controversial Music Opinions...

Screw limp bizket. Or however you spell that crap.
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 01-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    This thread is called Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    This thread is called Controversial Music Opinions...
    It's in "Revelations", people!!
    http://www.fpusadailyplanet.com/wp-c...ficulties2.png

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    It's OK to dislike Loveless. I have bought and resold that album 2 or 3 times over the years because I couldn't get into anything but the opening track, but inevitably I would always end up feeling like I wanted to give it another shot. It's currently part of my collection and it will probably stay there for real this time, but even now I'm still lukewarm about it. I personally find it to be overly monotonous and droning in some places.
    I didn't really understand loveless until a couple years ago when i listened to the whole thing through headphones in bed at night while stoned out of my skull. It was simultaneously the most beautiful and terrifying thing my ears had ever experienced.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I can see what you mean, but.. "Nebraska" and "Slippery When Wet" are not the same kind of music

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Springsteen is not overblown cock rock like Bon Jovi or Journey. Son, have you listened to "The River" or the aforementioned "Nebraska"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    QOTSA can burn for all i care. Cocky redneck white trash crap.

But i guess we do live in America. Makes sense why theyre so popular.
    considering they're fucking MASSIVE in the uk and europe (bigger than they've ever been in the us) i'd like to see how you worked that one out

unless we're all rednecks too

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Yeah, what's the shit with calling QOTSA white trash crap? They've always been a critics darling, they blend different genres of rock and metal, and as kenthebear said, they're far more popular overseas than they were here. Even during the height of their popularity (sometime between Songs for the Deaf and Lullabies to Paralyze), they were topping bills in the UK and Germany more so than here. They're much more than the likes of Hinder or Nickelback or even the goddamned Chili Peppers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    also saying you hate josh homme for being a cocky redneck on stage is like saying you hate kevin spacey for murdering brad pitts' wife.

it's a show. they play characters.