Page 91 of 191 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Ween were never meant to be taken seriously. They're all proficient musicians and can handle any genre put together. Even their more serious albums, like Quebec, have humorous songs (It's Gonna Be a Long Night, Zoloft, So Many People in the Neighborhood). They're a weird case because they're beloved by jam band enthusiasts as well as your smarter music fans. They're divisive, you either get them or you don't, but they were one of the best live bands around, saw them about four times and the were awesome and played for about three hours each time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    OMG, THEY FOUND FAT ELVIS.

I watched a few minutes with the sound off and I think I'm traumatized.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't know if I'm the only person who feels this way, but I think there's something really icky about releasing diaries of dead famous people - this is because I just read that there will be a HBO documentary on Kurt Cobain, and although his daughter is executive producer, I'm fine with live footage and unpublished songs, but diaries to my mind are very private and should be off limits. I just think its disrespectful to the dead

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    They're divisive, you either get them or you don't.
    I actually don't really get them much or get what they're getting at. But I enjoy some of their stuff. A lot of their material I find very bland and tuneless: and then out of nowhere they'll come out with a totally catchy song. It's weird.

The Bloodhound Gang are totally underrated: Jimmy Pop is a great songwriter, and I am looking forward to their next album. Another band that writes 9 shitty songs and 2 awesome ones.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Now that the dust has settled, Sinead O Connor is the most badass pop musician of the 90s, and her album "I do not want what I haven't got" is the most underrated pop vocal album of all time... and not just because of the occasionally awesome drum programming.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Well i think this song speaks for itself:

Of course they are a joke, i consider them the 90's disciples of Frank Zappa, humor belongs in music, indeed
    Ween joke around, but they are not "a joke."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ween joke around, but they are not "a joke."

I was so close to posting this song.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell is the best Killing Joke album.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I like this song for some reason.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I don't know if I'm the only person who feels this way, but I think there's something really icky about releasing diaries of dead famous people - this is because I just read that there will be a HBO documentary on Kurt Cobain, and although his daughter is executive producer, I'm fine with live footage and unpublished songs, but diaries to my mind are very private and should be off limits. I just think its disrespectful to the dead
    I think it's kinda weird that Frances Bean is going to be the executive producer. I know that she is his sole offspring, but she barely knew him. I mean, he died when she was very young. Maybe I am wrong though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

I like this song for some reason.
    Regina is good. I like her. She's a bit kooky and that's ok. I saw her a few years ago. I got my ex bf into her.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I think it's kinda weird that Frances Bean is going to be the executive producer. I know that she is his sole offspring, but she barely knew him. I mean, he died when she was very young. Maybe I am wrong though.....
    Executive Producer generally means $$$

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Kurt's published diary isn't"Dear Diary" personal stuff. It's marketing plans for his bands, lists of his favorite bands, his fave albums, more lists lists lists, sketches, notes about why some bands suck, etc. It's like it's meant to be published. It's like it's notes on every school kid's sketch pad.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I get the feeling it probably is a bit unethical but Kurt's journals are very interesting if you're a nirvana nut - like allegro says, it's mostly band stuff and thoughts on music, letters to band members and musicians etc

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Seems like it would be better described as Kurt's notebooks.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Maybe this is not controversial, but I wish the Beatles had stayed together and continued to make music.
    What I've heard of their post-Beatles material is nowhere near as good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It would have been interesting to see how they co-opted to the 70's and onwards, and if they maintained the innovation that marked the work that we have now, or if their legacy would've been sullied. The consensus is is that if Lennon had not died, the band would have gotten back together. There were documents and everything signed for a documentary project in 1981 that might have lead to new music.

There's no bigger "what-if" in music than what you're posing I think. What if there was no such thing as "The 27 club" would be another one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Maybe this is not controversial, but I wish the Beatles had stayed together and continued to make music.
    What I've heard of their post-Beatles material is nowhere near as good.
    I'm rather fond of McCartney and All Things Must Pass, actually. But I do wonder what would've happened if they put their heads together again.

And then I wonder if it would've been a big letdown anyway.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    McCartney, Lennon, Harrison and even Ringo have all great solo albums i bet if you join all the best songs from all of them you can put together another 3 classic Beatles albums at least...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    McCartney, Lennon, Harrison and even Ringo have all great solo albums i bet if you join all the best songs from all of them you can put together another 3 classic Beatles albums at least...
    And there is such a thing...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    And there is such a thing...
    woa, had not idea that existed, it's funny because when i wrote my previous post i was thinking that the potential "13th" Beatles studio album would be a similar to the "White Album" (which happens to be my favorite Beatles album along with "Revolver")

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    woa, had not idea that existed, it's funny because when i wrote my previous post i was thinking that the potential "13th" Beatles studio album would be a similar to the "White Album" (which happens to be my favorite Beatles album along with "Revolver")
    Technically, it exists. It's just a mixtape that Richard Linklater made for the film featuring three discs of songs by the Beatles in their solo years.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    What if there was no such thing as "The 27 club" would be another one.
    I think about this often and then I think about how Jeff Buckley out lived his dad by 3 years. I'm sure his dad was part of that 27 club, right?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Nope, 28 and change.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    britney spears' 'blackout' is one of the best albums of the 00's.

'circus' is in the top ten, too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    britney spears' 'blackout' is one of the best albums of the 00's.

'circus' is in the top ten, too.
    In the Zone from 2003 the one with Toxic was her best.the one where she promoted by lesbo kissing madonna and christina on stage.
    Blackout was the one she released just after she shaved her hair off smashed that papparazi,s car up and got sectioned a few times. I doubt she remembers making it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    lesbo kissing? okay ...

on topic: george michael is an insanely good songwriter.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It would have been interesting to see how they co-opted to the 70's and onwards
    I've always liked the first 60 seconds or so of "You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)," because I feel like that was them dipping their toes into the upcoming 70s funk sound. Give me like a whole album of the Beatles doing funk-pop songs in that style and I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    lesbo kissing? okay ...

on topic: george michael is an insanely good songwriter.
    Somewhere on this forum, I once wrote that George Michael is seriously underrated. His private life probably didn't help, but yeah, his music is fun, and basically as clever as you can be if you still want to be fun.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The one good thing about the Beatles breaking up when they did is that they never released any shit albums, like the Stones did later on in their career.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    On a related note, I've heard that terrible Paul McCartney Christmas song on a loop at work. Be thankful that that, "Silly Love Songs" and that song from the early 90's about a biker never made it on a Beatles album. A lot of Paul solo is great, those, not so much.