Page 115 of 191 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Why is the singer of Slipknot's opinion suddenly news-worthy? I must have seen his name in several articles alone this year, and it's more to do with what grinds his gears than his actual music. I thought his band was a lobotomized-3rd generation removed incarnation of KISS, who weren't exactly musical geniuses themselves. And their sub-genre practically helped make rock irrelevant for an entire generation.

They wanted to do a concert where they wanted to burn garbage outdoors for ambiance. Even if I half-way liked their music, that would make me turn on them instantly. Why not line up a row of those big modified pickup trucks idiots post on the internet instead?
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-25-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That Radiohead unused theme for Bond is an absolute dirge, more suitable for accompanying a coffin to the incinerator than getting you in the mood for Bond and i found the constant falsetto really annoying. I can see why they didn't use it

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That Radiohead unused theme for Bond is an absolute dirge, more suitable for accompanying a coffin to the incinerator than getting you in the mood for Bond and i found the constant falsetto really annoying. I can see why they didn't use it
    It's like they weren't even trying.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Why is the singer of Slipknot's opinion suddenly news-worthy? I must have seen his name in several articles alone this year, and it's more to do with what grinds his gears than his actual music. I thought his band was a lobotomized-3rd generation removed incarnation of KISS, who weren't exactly musical geniuses themselves. And their sub-genre practically helped make rock irrelevant for an entire generation.

They wanted to do a concert where they wanted to burn garbage outdoors for ambiance. Even if I half-way liked their music, that would make me turn on them instantly. Why not line up a row of those big modified pickup trucks idiots post on the internet instead?
    I generally like slipknot and think Taylor can be funny however, I agree that it seems odd that he's become almost some sort of a public figure beyond his music and books.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Army of Me by Bjork is more industrial than half the stuff that gets labelled as industrial these days

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    And now Skid Row has split with their singer:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ski...-tony-harnell/

2016, the year of reunion cash grabs!
    Exactly.

This whole "band break-up" trend is getting completely ludicrous. Now LCD Soundsystem is reforming, too? Wasn't he just claiming a few years ago when he broke up the group that he was done with LCD forever? At least, that's how I took those self-aggrandizing MSG shows he did.

Boy, throw enough cash around and anyone will reform, I guess. Three years from now, R.E.M., Oasis and the Hologram Beatles will be headlining Coachella

The exception to the rule is The Smiths, who will never reunite. But if it hadn't have been for that lawsuit, they'd have reformed about 20 years ago, too.

From now on, any time a band lamely claims "we're done", I'm merely going to regard it as their way of saying "we can't stand the sight of one another right now, but in five years if the money's good, we'll see you then."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Are bands supposed to tour for free? It's always, in part, about money.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I barely remember it so I'm inclined to agree.

I love the idea of them collaborating with Thomas Newman, but more of them working with this guy...

...than the one doing 007.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Are bands supposed to tour for free? It's always, in part, about money.
    Well, yea, I get that. I just think it's dumb when bands say "we're breaking up, these are going to be our last shows, etc." when clearly nobody stays broken up or even away for long anymore.

R.E.M. will get back together again. So will Oasis. Motley Crue will one day tour again, too. So just say you're taking a break. Don't try to add finality to something when it's clearly not the case. Even TR is guilty of that one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    White Zombie - Astro-Creep: 2000 does way more for me than anything Rob Zombie came out with later. Is that controversial or strange?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    R.E.M. will get back together again. So will Oasis. Motley Crue

R.E.M will NEVER reform.....Oasis will certainly reform in a few years. Motley Crue are like the worst band ever.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    White Zombie - Astro-Creep: 2000 does way more for me than anything Rob Zombie came out with later. Is that controversial or strange?
    White Zombies releases were pretty good. The stuff released under his solo name is pretty generic. I don't really even keep up with what he releases anymore.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think Motley Crue is making a particular point of it being the end. They supposedly signed contracts preventing them from ever playing again. Don't know how that's possible because of free will, but with the possibility of Trump being president who knows how long that'll be around anyway.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I don't know about you, but I'm happy LCD reformed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i love southern rock and delta blues like a motherfucker.

since nobody else seems to on this forum, i feel it's a "controversial" statement.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have an extremely soft spot for artists such as Stevie Ray Vaughn, CCR, Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers... there is some serious soul in that music

As far as real blues goes, I've yet to venture past people like Muddy Waters & Leadbelly... but I have an utmost admiration for those early, gritty recordings
    Last edited by Soma; 01-06-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    you find true blues in the most obvious and strangest places. you feel wonderful for finding / realizing it, and stupid for not hearing earlier. that's what's cool about it. occam's razor if you will.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    I agree: excluding "Hellbilly Deluxe", most of his solo career is pretty forgettable...

On topic: "Live through this" by Hole is "Nirvana's" greatest "album".

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I like two The Doors post-Morrison albums more than some of Jim's material. They are both awesome albums.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I like two The Doors post-Morrison albums more than some of Jim's material. They are both awesome albums.
    Glad they were reissued last year. Some great stuff on them.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i can't stand the doors. sounds like circus music to me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i can't stand the doors. sounds like circus music to me.
    oh man! finally who has said out loud what i've been saying for years. Thank you!

On the circus music front, System of a Down feel the same way with me. There's some killer riffage & drumming in there, but Serj's ridiculous voice ruins almost all of it for me. He sounds so goofy. I know that's the point, but it's not funny dude.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I don't like Adele's music at all but I do feel sorry for her trying to follow the ludicrous success of her last one. If it doesn't sell about a trillion copies it will be considered a massive flop, even if it sells a perfectly reasonable amount
    No need to worry Worzel!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i would rather have to listen to Who Let The Dogs Out every day for the rest of my life than EVER hear Imagine by John Lennon ever again. i never liked it, and at this point in my life, i hate it even more. it makes my blood boil and sends me into a rage any time i hear even a few notes from it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i LIKE who let the dogs out

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I like this song better than "Imagine":

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I loathe Mark Kozelek: to me he sounds like Adam Duritz trying to be Tom Waits; so full of maudlin emo cliche bullshit:
    I hope they release an instrumental version of this album because these are good Jesu riffs, ruined:
    http://www.sunkilmoon.com/jesuskm.html
    The more I listen to this album, the more it sounds like a sequel to Metalloureed's Lulu

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i would rather have to listen to Who Let The Dogs Out every day for the rest of my life than EVER hear Imagine by John Lennon ever again. i never liked it, and at this point in my life, i hate it even more. it makes my blood boil and sends me into a rage any time i hear even a few notes from it.
    But I LOVE the A Perfect Circle cover of it. Of Imagine I mean, not Who Let The Dogs Out, though that would probably be awesome too.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Of Imagine I mean, not Who Let The Dogs Out, though that would probably be awesome too.
    I'm sure Puscifer is on it as we speak.
    Last edited by Krazy; 01-19-2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: "I'm" somehow auto-corrected to "Mom". WTF, Apple???

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    We should start a list of songs for a Puscifer covers album, no doubt it would be their best release ever:
    I nominate Baby Got Back.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Army of Anyone's self-titled disc was one of the best rock albums of 2006.