Page 152 of 191 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Fred Durst is, arguably, the worst frontman in the history of rock/popular music.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Durst had a good scream and his singing voice wasn't awful. His lyrics kill a lot of their stuff though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Durst had a good scream and his singing voice wasn't awful. His lyrics kill a lot of their stuff though.
    ....and that explains why I like their covers more than their original songs...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Their cover of "Behind Blue Eyes" was excellent and really surprised me. Everything Durst does in Limp Bizkit is shrill and irritating to me though. Like, guy, if you have a decent voice, why are you wasting it sounding purposely like shit?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    His persona is the quality I find most repulsive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I’m convinced that everything Fred Durst does that makes people hate him is done entirely on purpose just to make people hate him. It’s all a Kaufmanesque act.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think "hating" music in general is stupid. It's an emotion that should be dealt out sparingly and with justification. But they come close. Maybe I am too sensitive but the culture was heading towards this stupidity rooted in the rage of white kids in suburban America and of the 1% who think the famous refrain in Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of" has more to do with their parents than the real problems of the world. And somehow right in the middle of all that is this band whose name I feel too stupid to even type out.

That said, blaming their performance for all of Woodstock '99 is erroneous at best. Fred became the focal point because understandably to otherwise sum up everything that went wrong with that show would be difficult. Much easier for the media to blame a white performer who took almost his entire identity from black culture, than the black acts who played the show (though that would have even been more wrong of course, but I could imagine Fox News doing that if they were more of a TV presence in 99).

He (along with the Goo Goo Dolls, who should have known better) added new verses to "Wish You Were Here", which to me is unforgivable.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i love everything i’ve heard from taylor swift’s new record.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i love everything i’ve heard from taylor swift’s new record.

Lovers reminds me of Mazzy Star.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not exactly sure if this is controversial enough to go here, but the lead singer of Charly Bliss has such an annoying voice

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really like this cover.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When it comes to Van Halen, I've always been a Dave guy, but now (and maybe because I'm older), I'm starting to think that maybe 5150, Sammy's debut with VH, is their best album.

Sure, it doesn't rock like this:

But I do really find myself liking the melancholy, more subdued and mature ballads from the Hagar-era (not that they couldn't rock too).

Last edited by GulDukat; 08-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    REM is the most overrated band of all time.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    taylor swift’s lover​ is a behemoth at 18 tracks, not a single dud. such a great record.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    He (along with the Goo Goo Dolls, who should have known better) added new verses to "Wish You Were Here", which to me is unforgivable.

Oh my god... that was so much worse than I imagined it would be, and I expected something really, truly awful. That was unreal.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Neil Young singing "Imagine" evened the playing fields though

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Controversial at least on this board:

Frank Sinatra>TOOL

Maybe it's because I'm nearly middle-aged, but the more I listen to Sinatra, the less I think of everything
    else by comparison.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Controversial at least on this board:

Frank Sinatra>TOOL

Maybe it's because I'm nearly middle-aged, but the more I listen to Sinatra, the less I think of everything
    else by comparison.
    that comparison makes no sense to me, though. like...yeah, if you'd rather listen to frank sinatra than tool, that's fine. but they make such different types of music, what's the point in comparing them?

for example, i would never compare the rolling stones and nine inch nails (different types of music and different time periods), or even stone temple pilots and nine inch nails (same time period but different types of music), however i would compare emerson lake and palmer and tool, because they make somewhat similar music despite being from completely different time periods. you see what i'm getting at?

it doesn't really work to say frank sinatra is BETTER than tool because they're doing such disparate things. but you're more than welcome to LIKE him more.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that comparison makes no sense to me, though. like...yeah, if you'd rather listen to frank sinatra than tool, that's fine. but they make such different types of music, what's the point in comparing them?

for example, i would never compare the rolling stones and nine inch nails (different types of music and different time periods), or even stone temple pilots and nine inch nails (same time period but different types of music), however i would compare emerson lake and palmer and tool, because they make somewhat similar music despite being from completely different time periods. you see what i'm getting at?

it doesn't really work to say frank sinatra is BETTER than tool because they're doing such disparate things. but you're more than welcome to LIKE him more.
    You are 100 percent correct. Apples and oranges. I guess because on my Facebook feed today, every other post seemed to be about the new Tool album, and I was just thinking, "meh, I'll stick with my Sinatra albums." So my post above here, in this thread, was sort of just like a ramdom flow of consciousness, as a reaction to my Facebook feed. But yeah, I prefer Sinatra over Tool.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Between the Buried and Me?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well, on that Sinatra note (if we’re being controversial), I not only think his album “She Shot Me Down” is one of the most underrated records ever, I think it’s the best thing he put out. I think it was just too bleak and depressing for his audience.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, on that Sinatra note (if we’re being controversial), I not only think his album “She Shot Me Down” is one of the most underrated records ever, I think it’s the best thing he put out. I think it was just too bleak and depressing for his audience.
    It's been called "The last great Sinatra album." IDK, I did really like Duets 1 and 2. You know Axl Rose was considered to sing on it? Too bad it didn't pan out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Between the Buried and Me?
    wait, what? are you comparing them to tool?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    wait, what? are you comparing them to tool?
    They're a more accurate comp than Sinatra.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Best version of this song, IMHO:

Always been a favorite:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    They're a more accurate comp than Sinatra.
    oh, for sure. i was just confused without context. sorry!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    oh, for sure. i was just confused without context. sorry!
    Actually, I guess I am comparing them to Tool. They both share similar elements and are highly respected and influential in their respective genres.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I kinda like that f**k you like an animal song. What band was that again?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    I kinda like that f**k you like an animal song. What band was that again?
    Limp Bizkit

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Limp Bizkit
    That masterpiece is now almost 20 years old, if you can believe it.